Go down 
+2
Grovehill
Tgwu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Defender Needed Empty
PostSubject: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 am

Judging by the reports looks like Gary Sawyer could be out for a while with a bad Knee injury. If the Scans confirm this and it does indeed mean a period of time off i gather Ryan will now look to bring in another defender like he did with Ruddy on the short term to cover his absence and numbers for that position.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 6:21 am

Looking at last night game, he will not be miss. I hope his injury is not bad.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 pm

Give a youngster the chance.

If RL tries to get another player in every time there's an injury, it sends a bad message to the younger players (and the parents of future prospects)

Ollie Watkins was given a chance at Exeter
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 7:01 pm

Possible blessing in disguise ..maybe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Grovehill wrote:

If RL tries to get another player in every time there's an injury, it sends a bad message to the younger players (and the parents of future prospects)

sawyer isnt from plymouth so i dont get why you suddenly care about not replacing him. our numbers in defence will need another defender added if Sawyer is out for awhile as going the season with 5 defenders and we play with 3 and two of them are wootton and canavan the other is a first year pro still learning his trade so on that basis id take the option of signing another defender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 11:36 am

turns out it was his ankle not his knee he injured badly in the game on tuesday and the good news is he hasn't suffered a broken ankle. Given the Covid shit and fiasco the club cant book an MRI scan just yet but its safe to say he will most definitely miss saturday's game.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

sawyer isnt from plymouth so i dont get why you suddenly care about not replacing him.  our numbers in defence will need another defender added if Sawyer is out for awhile as going the season with 5 defenders and we play with 3 and two of them are wootton and canavan the other is a first year pro still learning his trade so on that basis id take the option of signing another defender.

The last squad list you posted had 8 defenders on it.
Wootton & Canavan were part of a promotion winning (just) defence last season
How is anyone going to learn his trade if he doesn't get a chance to step up from the reserves?
SH has made it clear that money is tight-Club currently doesn't have any income
Any lad (or their parents) wanting a career in the game will want to join a Club (like ECFC) that gives them the chance to play first team games, and not watch them stagnate in the reserves, while temporary signings jump the queue.

I can remember a Manager giving three youngsters a chance in the same game-and one of them had only been a professional for a couple of months.

On your reasoning, Mariner Rogers and Johnson should have stayed in the reserves while Waiters bought in three nonentities
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

sawyer isnt from plymouth so i dont get why you suddenly care about not replacing him.  our numbers in defence will need another defender added if Sawyer is out for awhile as going the season with 5 defenders and we play with 3 and two of them are wootton and canavan the other is a first year pro still learning his trade so on that basis id take the option of signing another defender.

The last squad list you posted had 8 defenders on it.
Wootton & Canavan were part of a promotion winning (just) defence last season
How is anyone going to learn his trade if he doesn't get a chance to step up from the reserves?
SH has made it clear that money is tight-Club currently doesn't have any income
Any lad (or their parents) wanting a career in the game will want to join a Club (like ECFC) that gives them the chance to play first team games, and not watch them stagnate in the reserves, while temporary signings jump the queue.

I can remember a Manager giving three youngsters a chance in the same game-and one of them had only been a professional for a couple of months.

On your reasoning, Mariner Rogers and Johnson should have stayed in the reserves while Waiters bought in three nonentities

you really are shit as a troll aren't you  Laughing

harve teach him the trade so when he does pipe up with what he thinks is an intelligent input i don't spend less than 30 seconds blowing it out of the water with a reply.

firstly its 6 not 8 as cleal and law are wing backs we are talking about central defenders wing backs come under the umbrella of defenders.

Wootton and canavan when they played in this league before for us where exposed regularly by speed and lacked the ability to keep up with counter attacks resulting in us having the worst defence in the league which got us relegated. i do hope they have improve for this season but the speed thing will always be there sadly and other teams will know that.

tomlinson is still learning his craft hes not the next rio ferdinand so his education in the hope he makes the grade wont be affected by someone coming in for sawyer should he be out for awhile he isn't in the first team plans i would guess he too will be off out on loan for a few months soon like wilson.

feck knows who the last two are on your list but im quite sure paul mariner was playing for chorley before he came here so he isnt applicable to your argument as he did his trade elsewhere which was why we signed him and he went on to do what he did for clubs and country.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 1:55 pm

Again ATD follows the Pasoti route of abusing anyone who expresses a different opinion.

FYI, Alan Rogers and Brian Johnson were players who came up through the ranks at PAFC and made over 300 appearances between themselves.

You have heard of Tony Book, Mike Trebilcock, Gary Megson Paul Barron Dave Philips Marc Edworthy, Micky Evans, Pets Balac and others who started their League careers at Home Park and went on to have distinguished careers in football?  

I'll admit Tony Book didn't have a long career as a player, but he did manage to win a Fist Division title, an FA Cup a League Cup and a European trophy-not forgetting sharing the Player of the Year Award with Dave Mackay

Plymouth Argyle did exist before Graham Carey, you know

Last edited by Grovehill on Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 1:56 pm

Calm down Angers. Grovey made a good point IMO, why stack the team with the yoof if you're not going to play them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 2:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Calm down Angers. Grovey made a good point IMO, why stack the team with the yoof if you're not going to play them?

Because we are talking hypothetically if Sawyer is out for awhile that will leave our number one less for defence and may result in ryan doing what he did with mccormick sign a ruddy on a short term deal to cover him and then release him in january.
But
let's be honest here grovey has never seen Tomlinson play maybe last tuesday he did if he bought the game but other than that he has no clue who he is or if hes going to even make it as a pro here or end up at truro or parkway like so many highly rated yts players who make the jump from yts to first team and fail.
If Ollie has the potential and ability and shows that i training then i am sure ryan will get him involved more in the first team or send him out on loan to get more games to get him ready like he did jephcott and law. But until he does that then yes if sawyer is out for a while we do need to bump up our defence numbers in the short term.

its all hypothetical at the moment but grovey taking up for the youth team is unwarranted and for the record we have turned out some good players over the years now go compare that with exeters in recent years and see where our youth setups match in todays world not the 70's who gets a nice pay day almost every season from a product of their academy moving on its certainly not us.

anyways in closing i dont think ive said anywhere that ollie couldnt still play regardless of the possible signing. Its a squad game not best 11 and reserves.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 2:41 pm

Angry wrote:
turns out it was his ankle not his knee he injured badly in the game on tuesday and the good news is he hasn't suffered a broken ankle. Given the Covid shit and fiasco the club cant book an MRI scan just yet but its safe to say he will most definitely miss saturday's game.

Yes, he'll definitely miss Saturday's game-due to suspension.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Because we are talking hypothetically if Sawyer is out for awhile that will leave our number one less for defence and may result in ryan doing what he did with mccormick sign a ruddy on a short term deal to cover him and then release him in january.
But
let's be honest here grovey has never seen Tomlinson play maybe last tuesday he did if he bought the game but other than that he has no clue who he is or if hes going to even make it as a pro here or end up at truro or parkway like so many highly rated yts players who make the jump from yts to first team and fail.
If Ollie has the potential and ability and shows that i training then i am sure ryan will get him involved more in the first team or send him out on loan to get more games to get him ready like he did jephcott and law. But until he does that then yes if sawyer is out for a while we do need to bump up our defence numbers in the short term.

its all hypothetical at the moment but grovey taking up for the youth team is unwarranted and for the record we have turned out some good players over the years now go compare that with exeters in recent years and see where our youth setups match in todays world not the 70's who gets a nice pay day almost every season from a product of their academy moving on its certainly not us.

anyways in closing i dont think ive said anywhere that ollie couldnt still play regardless of the possible signing. Its a squad game not best 11 and reserves.

Supporting the case for young players to get a chance is "unwarranted"?

And why do you make the "unwarranted" (and incorrect btw) assumption that I've not seen the younger lads play?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 2:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

But

Supporting the case for young players to get a chance is "unwarranted"?

And why do you make the "unwarranted" (and incorrect btw) assumption that I've not seen the younger lads play?

in short yes when its based on nothing that you base your assumptions on like ryan lowe not living in plymouth for example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 8:15 pm

feck 24hrs later..

i got to ask how Barnstaple Town is allowed yet Plymouth Parkway isnt when it comes to our players going on loan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
link wrote:

Ollie Tomlinson has joined Southern League Division One South side Barnstaple Town on loan.

The Devon-born defender joins the North Devon outfit on an initial one-month youth loan, a few days after appearing in the Greens’ EFL Trophy opener against Norwich City at Home Park.

An Argyle Academy product, Ollie signed his first professional contract in the summer of 2020, having impressed Ryan Lowe and the coaching staff at Home Park in Central League and under-18 action.

Go well, Ollie.
Back to top Go down
SimonMann52

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Sawyer wasn't hobbling around at all when he got out of his car and walked into Transit Way Tesco's yesterday morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 10:45 am

SimonMann52 wrote:
Sawyer wasn't hobbling around at all when he got out of his car and walked into Transit Way Tesco's yesterday morning.

thats good to hear that hes not in a cast or anything.
Back to top Go down
SimonMann52

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 11:38 am

Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:

Expect it won't be long until he has a cast or a boot on it if he goes under the knife. Club are very tight lipped on it ATM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 11:53 am

SimonMann52 wrote:
Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:

Expect it won't be long until he has a cast or a boot on it if he goes under the knife. Club are very tight lipped on it ATM.

if hes walking around unaided i wouldnt have thought surgery was happening in his future. Probably will still be out for a bit none the less.
Back to top Go down
SimonMann52

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:
Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:

if hes walking around unaided i wouldnt have thought surgery was happening in his future. Probably will still be out for a bit none the less.
Hope and expect that the club will enlighten us more in tomorrow mornings news bulletin.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 1:25 pm

SimonMann52 wrote:
Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:
Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:

Hope and expect that the club will enlighten us more in tomorrow mornings news bulletin.

No need, the TFF collective have made a full diagnosis based on him (or someone who looks similar) walking into a supermarket
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 3:06 pm

More worryingly what's the news on Jephcott? Wierd sub to make two minutes into half so had to be an injury niggle?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
More worryingly what's the news on Jephcott? Wierd sub to make two minutes into half so had to be an injury niggle?

It is on Lowe you tube post game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Grovehill wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:
Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:
Angry wrote:
SimonMann52 wrote:

No need, the TFF collective have made a full diagnosis based on him (or someone who looks similar) walking into a supermarket

i see your favourite player got man of the match yesterday for barnstaple cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 9:22 pm

I think I would rather listen to Lowe and his coaching team as to how he rates his youth players, as to not giving the youngsters a chance that’s total bollox, 2 youngsters started yesterday and 5 started against Norwich.
Have you forgotten Jephcott started in the first team a week after playing for Truro and is now a Welsh U21 international.
We’re playing catch up after the last manager’s ignored the youth and academy players, in ain’t going to change in 5 mins, so for me let Lowe do what he’s good at and let some ATD posters carry on posting their normal crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Defender Needed   New Defender Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

New Defender Needed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next