Jethro
PatDunne
Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Geddon Tringy, you'love it. geek geek geek geek
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 pm

I don't blame Carey in any way for any of this. As far as I am concerned he is the most talented player we have had since Buszaky/Halmosi and we were lucky to have him at all. Selling him at Christmas would have been the very worst option because with a short contract we wouldn't have got much anyway and we'd have jeopardised the push for promotion.

The issue of his contract is another thing altogether. There is virtually no loyalty in football either from player to club or club to player. Expecting it is like hoping it'll rain champagne.

If he moves on then we should just thank him for his brilliance here and wish him all the best.

The solidest fact of all here is that we have been brilliant for each other; as a direct result of his brilliance we are a division higher and he has a strong position as a seller in a buyer's market.

Sad though it will be to see him go he can hardly be blamed for seeking out the best deal he can get and what will be telling here is where he ends up. If he goes to a club we are obviously unable to match financially, I'll pluck Leeds out of thin air as an example, then so be it but if we end up gazumped by a Rotherham or Barnsley then some serious questions will deserve some serious answers.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I don't blame Carey in any way for any of this. As far as I am concerned he is the most talented player we have had since Buszaky/Halmosi and we were lucky to have him at all. Selling him at Christmas would have been the very worst option because with a short contract we wouldn't have got much anyway and we'd have jeopardised the push for promotion.

The issue of his contract is another thing altogether. There is virtually no loyalty in football either from player to club or club to player. Expecting it is like hoping it'll rain champagne.

If he moves on then we should just thank him for his brilliance here and wish him all the best.

The solidest fact of all here is that we have been brilliant for each other; as a direct result of his brilliance we are a division higher and he has a strong position as a seller in a buyer's market.

Sad though it will be to see him go he can hardly be blamed for seeking out the best deal he can get and what will be telling here is where he ends up. If he goes to a club we are obviously unable to match financially, I'll pluck Leeds out of thin air as an example, then so be it but if we end up gazumped by a Rotherham or Barnsley then some serious questions will deserve some serious answers.
Spot-on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 6:14 pm

zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
brent is to blame for only allowing those stupid short term contracts and not allowing del bhet to sign good players on better deals.

we will see this happen again next season with Bradley and Threlkeld.

It's been well publicised that the club twice wanted to open contract talks with Carey before Christmas and the player refused.
Whatever the length of any players contract, if that player refuses to enter into talks during the final year of his contract, the clubs powerless, isn't it ?

Your trying to cause trouble Graiser.....by talking facts......Don't let facts get in the way of a good moan...... raised eyebrow

I'm going into a dark room now to wack myself with a wet fish.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 12:03 pm

A friend of mine who's well connected in the world of agents (football and entertainment) remarked the other day that it is unusually quiet with regards to Carey. If a player is talking or likely to sign for another club there is always a whisper or two going around, but there is nothing in this case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
brent is to blame for only allowing those stupid short term contracts and not allowing del bhet to sign good players on better deals.

It's been well publicised that the club twice wanted to open contract talks with Carey before Christmas and the player refused.
Whatever the length of any players contract, if that player refuses to enter into talks during the final year of his contract, the clubs powerless, isn't it ?

Your trying to cause trouble Graiser.....by talking facts......Don't let facts get in the way of a good moan...... raised eyebrow

but he hasnt though lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 5:31 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
A friend of mine who's well connected in the world of agents (football and entertainment) remarked the other day that it is unusually quiet with regards to Carey. If a player is talking or likely to sign for another club there is always a whisper or two going around, but there is nothing in this case.

Maybe no news is good news.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 5:54 pm

All will be revealed at the end of the month when the pay runs out. It all sounds remarkably like the Reuben Reid fiasco. I would suggest both he and Carey have felt they were worth more than the consideration Argyle had given them. I have some sympathy with both players.
Fancy Argyle getting more dosh for Purrington than for Carey.  Razz Great business acumen from the twins, not. Thou shalt not shell out for players, real estate only.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 1:41 am

beesrus wrote:
All will be revealed at the end of the month when the pay runs out. It all sounds remarkably like the Reuben Reid fiasco. I would suggest both he and Carey have felt they were worth more than the consideration Argyle had given them. I have some sympathy with both players.
Fancy Argyle getting more dosh for Purrington than for Carey.  Razz Great business acumen from the twins, not. Thou shalt not shell out for players, real estate only.
RR wasn't a fiasco. He thought he was worth more so he left and waited for a call from a 'big' club. I guess RR didn't bank on getting only 1 call - from Tiz! Your use of the Purrington/GC dosh to discredit JB and SH is really scrapping the barrel. If you glance through the summer transfers so far only about 10% (if that high) have involved a fee including Argyle's payment for Ryan Evans.
If you glance through the released players in the EFL you could make a team that would do very well in Lge One without a single penny changing hands. I really think you need to refresh your trolling skills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:13 am

beesrus wrote:

Carey did not want to discuss a new contract, period.

Carey didn't wish to leave mid season as in his view he can look forward to a higher signing on fee if he becomes free transfer, nothing to do with the club hierarchy, what's so difficult to understand about that.
The Carey saga is becoming a real drag, good player, loved watching his skills and work rate but fed up with it now, it's about time the club forced the issue rather than all this politicking.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:34 am

Agree this issue is getting seriously boring, assume Adams is back any day from his break, as the players are reporting for training next Weds apparently.
Despite Adams calm measured experienced I think there is definitely a ruthless streak in him, I believe Derek will have it figured out, and he will basically say to Carey yes or no mate?
As always we will see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:36 am

Graiser wrote:

Of course he didn't, he knew what sort of money was on offer . Same as Reid. Players aren't daft. Two years running it has happened with the highest profile player. Brent gets the loyalty he sows. Even the manager might have been putting out feelers. And I'm not looking for a contract with you either, Jim. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 am

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Of course he didn't, he knew what sort of money was on offer . Same as Reid. Players aren't daft. Two years running it has happened with the highest profile player. Brent gets the loyalty he sows. Even the manager might have been putting out feelers. And I'm not looking for a contract with you either, Jim. Very Happy

Short termism is the name of the game at Brent's Argo, brain dead plans for brain dead fans. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:53 am

Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

A complete absence of facts, it's something that might have happened which we can't prove one way or the other
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:00 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

A complete absence of facts, it's something that might have happened which we can't prove one way or the other

Brent and that crap Chief Exec are too blame for the contract situations. Martyn was know to only offer 1 year deals with an optional extra year deals at yeovil and that fecked them up with high profile players they had who would either leave for peanuts or nothing.

Its a cheap way of running the football side of things. Players like Carey should not be allowed to leave on free's and its a failure on the clubs part to allow it to happen for the second year running with 3 different players. As Bradley and Threlkeld are out of contract next summer i hope lessons are learned and Chief exec Start talks earlier if the player isnt interested then move him on an get what you can. Offer deals that reflect the clubs long term ambition (if any) im sure exeter chiefs do the same which might mean argyle might actually do it now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 am

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Brent and that crap Chief Exec are too blame for the contract situations. Martyn was know to only offer 1 year deals with an optional extra year deals at yeovil and that fecked them up with high profile players they had who would either leave for peanuts or nothing.

Its a cheap way of running the football side of things. Players like Carey should not be allowed to leave on free's and its a failure on the clubs part to allow it to happen for the second year running with 3 different players. As Bradley and Threlkeld are out of contract next summer i hope lessons are learned and Chief exec Start talks earlier if the player isnt interested then move him on an get what you can. Offer deals that reflect the clubs long term ambition (if any) im sure exeter chiefs do the same which might mean argyle might actually do it now.

Angry, if I accept your reasoning, I'd like to know how you, we, the club or whoever propose new contract talks to a player, whose in the last year of his contract, whatever the length of that contract, who refuses to do so.
If the club sold the player mid-contract, and that assumes the player wanted go, we the supporters would be dumping on the club management big style accusing them of cashing in, it's all loaded in favour of the player and certainly clubs at L1 and 2 level will always be between a rock and a hard place
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 12:36 pm

The Carey thing is the perfect example of what happens when the power moves from the employer to the employee. You get the loyalty you deserve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Angry, if I accept your reasoning, I'd like to know how you, we, the club or whoever propose new contract talks to a player, whose in the last year of his contract, whatever the length of that contract, who refuses to do so.
If the club sold the player mid-contract, and that assumes the player wanted go, we the supporters would be dumping on the club management big style accusing them of cashing in, it's all loaded in favour of the player and certainly clubs at L1 and 2 level will always be between a rock and a hard place

By not offering 1 year deals in the first place.

Thank you and good night.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 2:30 pm

They are on 67 pages over the road there and in the poll they have, 37% remain hopeful.

It is well dragging on now and the squad return to pre-season training next week. Should he appear at that gathering, it could say a lot, then again it might not.

I reckon he is on his way, has to be.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

By not offering 1 year deals in the first place.

Thank you and good night.

If it's a one year or a ten year deal, if the player refuses to discuss a new contract in the final year, what's to be done ?
Carey's deal was 2 years with the option he exercised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:07 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
They are on 67 pages over the road there and in the poll they have, 37% remain hopeful.

It is well dragging on now and the squad return to pre-season training next week. Should he appear at that gathering, it could say a lot, then again it might not.

I reckon he is on his way, has to be.

He probably is, just wish it was publicised so we can move on from all this crap.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 pm

It's what keeps us ticking during the fallow periop Graiser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:29 pm

If you want to move on from this sort of crap, then maybe you should wish for new owners of a football club that might treat valuable human assets a bit better right from the outset, and lead the industry norm, rather than racing to the bottom of an accelerating zero hours culture.
Building a club ? Don't make me laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:36 pm

beesrus wrote:
If you want to move on from this sort of crap, then maybe you should wish for new owners of a football club that might treat valuable human assets a bit better right from the outset, and lead the industry norm, rather than racing to the bottom of an accelerating zero hours culture.

Footballers, zero hours culture ? don't make me laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
Footballers, zero hours culture ? don't make me laugh.

Contracts offered give the club 2 years security, but the player/employee, one year's security. I can't think of a more divisive contract likely to cause ire in the player's head, given a market value that gives them the power to choose. The practice just just wreaks of a one way street, and is all part of the mission creep in wider society, headed by the infamous "zero hours" nonsense. I don't expect you to get anywhere near understanding the problem. You don't have the experience or desire to understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carey gone? (Now Staying)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next