Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)

Go down 
+6
Sir Francis Drake
Greenskin
PatDunne
Peggy
Jethro
Flat_Track_Bully
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) Empty
PostSubject: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 6:30 pm

God, the baggo can even make a promotion seem tinpot, who writes this drivel....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Why are we celebrating coming second ? 1st of the losers.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 8:40 pm

On the bus home from work, we passed the three open top buses (i'm guessing one for staff and suits, one was the players and one for their families) heading into town. At a deep existential level I felt our different trajectories spoke to the transformation of my relationship with the club. Innit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 8:57 pm

I have always had the same feeling when I see the young bloods freezing in their shirts and sling backs trooping into town for a night looking for their beau mont. Never was my scene.
The money shifting people triggered it for me with Argyle, along with understanding just who I was sharing my interests with. Online crap just confirmed it. Uggghh.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 9:50 pm

When somebody saves the trawler they want all the sardines......
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 11:43 pm

Jethro wrote:
Why are we celebrating coming second ? 1st of the losers.

I guess getting out of this Godawful division after seven years of moaning about being in it may be a factor. There were similar celebrations after the Smith promotion [runners-up] in 1986 and Warnock's season [didn't even make automatic promotion],so nothing new-most clubs would put on something similar and rightly so, doesn't come around very often.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 12:05 am

Against my expectations/intentions I ended up at the Pavilions this evening (a free ticket dropped out of the sky and I have as much right to freeload as anybody else).

Not much of note to report other than the absence of Chris Webb and some truly stunning clothing.

Meal, speeches, presentations. Everybody jolly pleased.

Aviva 'til I die.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 4:10 pm

i remember the bus parade after wembley and it were 10 times bigger than yesterday. both sides of royal parade rammed as was most of the route. yesterday looked empty in comparison.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Against my expectations/intentions I ended up at the Pavilions this evening (a free ticket dropped out of the sky and I have as much right to freeload as anybody else).

Not much of note to report other than the absence of Chris Webb and some truly stunning clothing.

Aviva 'til I die.
WHAT NO PLEBBY!!...His nornally the first to get his matalan bastard suit on and jump on the bandwagon with one of his bollox speaches..oh well must have clashed with his giggolo stuff  lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 6:13 pm

A cringeworthy hashtag. Aside from all discussions over the time it took to get promoted and the narrow miss of silverware, the hashtag doesn't make sense. What about Sheffield Utd? Don't they play in a city too, so isn't Sheffield also 'Britain's Promotion City'? Makes no sense.

And if you're reduced to riffing off the already lame 'Britain's Ocean City', there's not much more to be said...

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 6:21 pm

Dont even me started on this ocean city bollox
Its the english channel for F$@KSAKE
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 8:49 pm

charleymouse wrote:
A cringeworthy hashtag. Aside from all discussions over the time it took to get promoted and the narrow miss of silverware, the hashtag doesn't make sense. What about Sheffield Utd? Don't they play in a city too, so isn't Sheffield also 'Britain's Promotion City'? Makes no sense.

And if you're reduced to riffing off the already lame 'Britain's Ocean City', there's not much more to be said...  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would have been a better riff and would have tied the two themes.

Still pretty crap though.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyWed May 10, 2017 1:01 am

RegGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Aviva 'til I die.
WHAT NO PLEBBY!!...His nornally the first to get his matalan bastard suit on and jump on the bandwagon with one of his bollox speaches..oh well must have clashed with his giggolo stuff  lol!
Steady boy steady! I've got a Matalan suit. Not the own brand suit I must add but the next higher on the list. Cost me £80 with the waistcoat.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyWed May 10, 2017 8:43 am

tigertony wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Aviva 'til I die.
Steady boy steady! I've got a Matalan suit. Not the own brand suit I must add but the next higher on the list. Cost me £80 with the waistcoat.
Sorry to hear that but hope you carry it off better than plebby does..but dare i say it you must look like a million dollars...all green & wrinkled..boom boom you can have that one for you old joke book tone Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyThu May 11, 2017 6:51 pm

tigertony wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Aviva 'til I die.

Bleddy Hell Tone, you've lashed out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyThu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Do people still wear waistcoats ?  and if so, why ? A male corset perhaps ? A grandad thing ?
I haven't seen a waistcoat since the 1980s, apart from at a pageant or re enactment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyThu May 11, 2017 7:25 pm

beesrus wrote:
Do people still wear waistcoats ?  and if so, why ? A male corset perhaps ? A grandad thing ?
I haven't seen a waistcoat since the 1980s, apart from at a pageant or re enactment.

I used to wear a waistcoat voluntarily to school in the 1990s. Also popular with folk singers I believe...

I have also recently become aware that there is apparently a market for said items among sad, tragically unfunny old men...
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyThu May 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Aviva 'til I die.

Bleddy Hell Tone, you've lashed out
Steady! I bought it for an interview and luckily the panel didn't check the label. I'm normally a charity shop man or sometimes stretch to e-bay.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) EmptyThu May 11, 2017 9:17 pm

There were a lot of free tickets going around, I wonder why?

I and some of the family had a nice meal in The pub on thr Hoe that night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)   Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity) Empty

Back to top Go down

Britain's promotion city (#BritainsPromotionCity)
Page 1 of 1