harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Would having Reuben Reid Empty
PostSubject: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 am

This season have won us the league?

For me we have a good keeper, solid back 4, decent midfield and wide players, but a load of crap up front. The ginger thing since January has been ok if a little lightweight, but the rest of them just havent had any presence up top, let alone looked like scoring themselves.

Would big Reubs have provided that?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 am

Quite possibly yeah. The scenario whereby he ends up 45 miles up the road is a bit bizarre tbh.

I like Jervis, and Taylor deffo adds something to the squad, but if Adams is going to persist with 4-5-1 next year then there'll be casualties with Taylor Spencer Jervis Blissett and Brunt all basically vying for one slot, although Jervis can play wide aswell.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Spencer Blissett and Brunt all released. I'd like to see a small speedy 3rd division Aguero-type striker brought in, if only to give the opposition something different to ponder with our attacking options. We're painfully predictable 95% of the time.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Spencer BLISSETT and Brunt all released. I'd like to see a small speedy 3rd division Aguero-type striker brought in, if only to give the opposition something different to ponder with our attacking options. We're painfully predictable 95% of the time.

St Jimmy would have a fit after open heart wallet surgery for the guy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Jervis is a better wide man than striker - better in space. Brunt might have been the answer but for injury. Big Roobs would have been the all raind package. Id have him back still.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Jervis is a better wide man than striker - better in space.  Brunt might have been the answer but for injury. Big Roobs would have been the all raind package. Id have him back still.

I guess the risk would be his fitness issues. He's started on the bench quite a few times this season, when a fully fit and firing Reid strolls into any first eleven in Div4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 3:01 pm

We lacked a goalscorer of Reid's ilk all season and i believe we would have had the league won by now had we had one.

It was a mistake allowing him to go in truth given the strikers we signed and have failed to fill the void.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Surely spreading the goals around is better. Luggy Mk 1 didn't have a prolific goalscorer. I think a fully firing RR would have helped but the 5-4-1 wouldn't really suit him. Taylor and RR together could have been interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm

tigertony wrote:
Surely spreading the goals around is better. Luggy Mk 1 didn't have a prolific goalscorer. I think a fully firing RR would have helped but the 5-4-1 wouldn't really suit him. Taylor and RR together could have been interesting.

I see your point. While goals being shared around the team is a good thing it still doesnt hurt to have a striker upfront who can lead the way. I dont think we have found a striker who can excel in the formation we play in truth Taylor struggles despite having an ey for goal, Garrita did ok for that one match before he got injuried at city and never recovered.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Don't think we've missed him that much to be honest. The way Adams sets his teams up invariably means that the lone striker has to do a lot of work off the ball, a lot of running and a fair bit of defending - all of which aren't Reid's top attributes.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 pm

I agree, he was always at his best feeding off Alessandra, getting rid was correct imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Haven't missed him at all IMHO, Derek's teams are not set up for Reuben.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 am

It would have depended entirely how fit Reuben had been through the season. Argyle were flying high for a while with Reid in the team at the start of last season but results dropped off when he came back and was clearly a struggling shadow of the earlier version. Possibly the most dangerous striker in the division when fit but his absences cost Argyle dearly [not just last season either]and it would have been a gamble to rely on him for a further year. As others have said, it may well have upset the balance of the team-Spencer was very good in the Sims/Evans role before his rather serious injury, Taylor contributed in a more bustling way just as effectively later on. RR has done well at Exeter and good on him but when it boils down to it, Exeter are still chasing the play offs and Argyle are already promoted-maybe there would be an element of having cake and eating it to spend too much time regretting his absence.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 4:44 pm

I've only seen him played two or three times, but Spencer has been lost on each occasion. No presence, no goals (has he scored at all yet?), nothing. Garita has presence, but at his best he's a clueless version of big Roobs. Obv the less said about Goodwillie the better...

IMO we'd probably have won the FA Cup with Roobs too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 pm

Might have been a good option off the bench, but not as a starter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would having Reuben Reid   Would having Reuben Reid Empty

Back to top Go down

Would having Reuben Reid
Page 1 of 1