harvetheslayer
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 17:34

The directors on the pitch at Pompey, did any of the directors box groupies waddle on?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 17:39

akagreengull wrote:
Gulls just let in goal against Lincoln two goals against in two minutes.
Effectively relegated themselves. Spoilt the day.

Torquay could be playing Truro City next season, who would have thought that a few years ago. Torquay's decline has been dramatic to say the least.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 18:18

They will be playing Truro next season, if they won today would have been only a point away from three other teams.
Worse still it means part time football, luke young needs to get the he'll out of there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 19:06

Charlie Wood wrote:
Here in Saffa the Premier League is everything but on non PL days we do get most other football, even though the PL channel is still broadcasting reruns all day, today is Bristol City v QPR, Wolves v Brighton and Newcastle v Leeds all live. Below the second tier, forget it, just too crap to be saleable.

Angers, could you please PM me your best streaming link...or maybe I'll just play golf all afternoon.

I'm in Marbella at the minute Charles but when I get back I'll PM u a link that is a very decent alternative to Mobdro. Mobdro is ok but fails a lot of the time when big games are on.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 21:48

Leam Richardson post-Plymouth Argyle

Paul Cook reflects on Plymouth draw

It was a result that kept Pompey on course for automatic promotion from League Two.

With Luton and Stevenage both failing to win, they could even complete the task at Notts County on Easter Monday.

A 1-1 draw against Plymouth also meant that the visitors just need a point to be able to celebrate themselves.

Jake Jervis opened the scoring for Argyle against his former club, only for Gary Roberts to hit back in the second half.

Paul Cook was pleased to see his side dominate after falling behind, although conceded that they did not do enough to trouble the opposition goalkeeper.

The Blues boss said: “Derek Adams picked a very attack-minded team and I thought that Plymouth started the game really well.

“We thought they’d come onto us strongly in the initial stages of the match and that’s exactly what they did.

“They caused us problems in certain areas and they thoroughly deserved to take the lead when they did.

“But we took control of the match from that point – especially in the second half – and it was just difficult to break down such a well organised team.

“They get men behind the ball and that’s difficult to play against – they’ve done it at places like Anfield.

“But I don’t think we opened them up enough or created a lot of clear-cut chances, despite what the possession stats will say.

“Plymouth have done really well this season away from home and are extremely resilient. They’re close to being promoted and certainly deserve to be. We wish them and their supporters well.

“Hopefully we’ll be able to give our fans something similar to celebrate in the very near future because they’re desperately craving promotion.”

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 21:59

Czarcasm wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Here in Saffa the Premier League is everything but on non PL days we do get most other football, even though the PL channel is still broadcasting reruns all day, today is Bristol City v QPR, Wolves v Brighton and Newcastle v Leeds all live. Below the second tier, forget it, just too crap to be saleable.

Angers, could you please PM me your best streaming link...or maybe I'll just play golf all afternoon.

I'm in Marbella at the minute Charles but when I get back I'll PM u a link that is a very decent alternative to Mobdro. Mobdro is ok but fails a lot of the time when big games are on.

I used the one I normally use and it was OKish today, trouble is my internet speed is only 4mbps so quality isn't great and there's occasional buffering.Appreciate the PM for the future though although I can't see us being on the telly anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 23:24

As it stands the most likely scenario is:
We get automatic promotion
Shitty get into the playoffs
Torquay are relegated to national league south
Yeovil just survive a relegation scare.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr - 23:27

It's been a long and painful road but finally the basement years look to be coming to an end, for the time being at least. It's not been pretty from what I've seen but job done and muted congrats are in order. Happy Easter to all.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 0:15

You too Asti Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 6:21

Was an ok day out, but completely ruined by the Speccy twat coming on the pitch after the match and the Argyle supporters actually clapping the twat. . Fuk the club after that.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 7:03

I was sat a few feet behind Peter Jones - his hair is now so dyed it's taken on a ludicrous copper tone. What is it about pensioner vanity? Oh and Brent is now possibly fatter than the Pig! Average game played by two very average teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 7:55

alannotivvy wrote:
Was an ok day out, but completely ruined by the Speccy twat coming on the pitch after the match and the Argyle supporters actually clapping the twat. . Fuk the club after that.
four fixtures to smile about next season. Argyle v Gills. Torquay v Truro. And the return matches.
And also operation Tribute Lounge was a sticky success!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 8:09

alannotivvy wrote:

Ah this is what someone was alluding to on freechat and I had no idea what he was banging on about because i left few minutes after game finished as had been warned where car was parked gates would be locked soon after final score and didnt fancy being stranded with 4 boys....

Who else came out ?? Surely not the pig ?? Pig Pig
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 9:12

I lost my ticket, smashed my phone when we scored, and left on the final whistle cos I'm not weird.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 9:34

alannotivvy wrote:

That will be nothing compared to the probable standing ovation Lord green Jim will get at the Crewe Aviva jizzfest. The brain dead eternally grateful love him - not only did eeee save us but eeee got us promoted!
Their memories and brain power is so limited they will have erased the fact we have endured six years of shit football, went through the Fletcher period and allowed the ground to look like a shit tip.
Clearly now we are one point away from promotion, the useless twat feels it is safe to come out and get the plaudits after a whole season of being non committal re the teams promotion chances.
If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.
As far as I'm concerned the shyster has only done two good things in six years of stagnation, and this was probably more out of luck than judgement and that was hiring Sheridan and Adams.
I wonder if the shyster will laugh again on TV if he is asked will he make funds available to strengthen the squad to stay in League 1?
Rant

ADAMS IN
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr - 10:44

6 years in the basement is disgraceful and completely unacceptable. This promotion (if it happens) is overdue by 4-5 years. And that's completely brent's fault. Well done to DA and the team who got us there despite brent.

Next season will be a long season of struggle on a brent budget
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr - 19:51

This was Freddie meeting the team as the team mascot on Friday, The cone with his name on was his personal parking place. They was so good they let us park two cars.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ps Tanner was great and funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr - 20:11

Good Post did Argyle sort that or Pompey?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr - 20:16

Pompey, I had to ask Martyn Starnes for extra tickets for his mum and sister.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr - 21:10

pfft. Pompey had a dozen mascots and your lad was there.

Sums up Argyles piss poorr attitude
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr - 21:36

akagreengull wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

That will be nothing compared to the probable standing ovation Lord green Jim will get at the Crewe Aviva jizzfest. The brain dead eternally grateful love him - not only did eeee save us but eeee got us promoted!
Their memories and brain power is so limited they will have erased the fact we have endured six years of shit football, went through the Fletcher period and allowed the ground to look like a shit tip.
Clearly now we are one point away from promotion, the useless twat feels it is safe to come out and get the plaudits after a whole season of being non committal re the teams promotion chances.
As far as I'm concerned the shyster has only done two good things in six years of stagnation, and this was probably more out of luck than judgement and that was hiring Sheridan and Adams.
I wonder if the shyster will laugh again on TV if he is asked will he make funds available to strengthen the squad to stay in League 1?
Rant

ADAMS IN
BRENT OUT
Good Post spot on
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr - 21:45

alannotivvy wrote:
pfft.  Pompey had a dozen mascots and your lad was there.

Sums up Argyles piss poorr attitude

We done it through Pompey, because all Argyle mascot was sold out before christmas and we did not want him to miss out so we got in touch with their community team.

Argyle charges £150 for The full mascot package and a mini packages cost £50

Pompey did not charge
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 17 Apr - 8:39

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Rant

ADAMS IN
BRENT OUT
Good Post spot on

No surprise the representative of the Senior Greens an hour ago on radio Devon, said "what the board and James have done is fantastic".
Apparently the club has totally been turned around.

greeeeen armeeee! Sheep
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 17 Apr - 8:55

akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Rant

ADAMS IN
BRENT OUT
Good Post spot on

No surprise the representative of the Senior Greens an hour ago on radio Devon, said "what the board and James have done is fantastic".

greeeeen armeeee! Sheep
jocolor Sheep i know mate i just heard it myself...Jeez these dimlows just dont get it  :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 17 Apr - 9:09

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Rant

ADAMS IN
BRENT OUT
Good Post spot on

greeeeen armeeee! Sheep
jocolor Sheep i know mate i just heard it myself...Jeez these dimlows just dont get it  :Suicide:
Seems the senior greens have forgot about the last 6 years..oh well must be the dementia kicking in then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The build up to Portsmouth match thread   The build up to Portsmouth match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The build up to Portsmouth match thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next