Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Fecking unreal. Himmed and hammed about whether or not to go tonight, made the wrong decision. There is something fundamentally wrong with the make up and attitude of this Argyle team. A really good side would have taken the belief that must have accrued from Saturday and got on the front foot against modest opposition but it was hapless once more, on the defensive from the word go and just inviting pressure with no creativity or punch even on the counter attack. It was almost inevitable that Blackpool would take advantage of the lethargy, sure there was a suspicion of offside but Argyle had plenty of time to make up for it even if the decision did go against them. Never any chance of that happening, Blackpool sliced Argyle open like a knife through butter again and were well worth the 2-0 lead. Songoo headed wide from a Carey free kick early in the second half, all sorts of subs and formations used but utterly devoid of any real cutting edge. Left early after they went 3 up, there was a big cheer when I was walking up the road-thought Argyle had scored a consolation but it was obviously the first shot on target referred too earlier, which sums it all up. Couldn't pick a man of the match but the much praised Threlkeld received as horrendous a skinning as you could see in the first half, certainly a candidate among many for the wooden spoon.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Promotion was blown in january the squad needed genuine quality the usual excuse from the Brenty boys, is no money but this year a million pound plus landed in jimmys lap from Liverpool yet other than rubbish signed from the job centre he added to his windfall by selling Purrington, Argyle will never be promoted under Brent which is probably the plan.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
That was dreadful.

Outclassed from start to finish.

If we were at the bottom I'd be very worried but we're near the top and I'm very concerned: carry on like that and we're not going up and won't even get the Wembley humiliation experience again.

Ahh but we are "punching above our weight" so these kind of results happen. confused Sulk deadhorse
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 pm

I'm sure Argyle tried their best! clown

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:02 am

I bet Blackpool were pleased they didn't pay to bring down beach donkeys when there were loads at HP dressed as footballers in white and green.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 5:11 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Promotion was blown in january the squad needed genuine quality the usual excuse from the Brenty boys, is no money but this year a million pound plus landed in jimmys lap from Liverpool yet other than rubbish signed from the job centre he added to his windfall by selling Purrington, Argyle will never be promoted under Brent which is probably the plan.

Ee's right y'know. If Derek's Driftwood get over the line,the lack of investment in a proven, quality spine to the squad, will inevitably result in a struggle at nose bleed, 3rd tier level.

'Just get behind the lads and believe!'...................lol
Back to top Go down

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 8:20 am

Sounded dreadful. Glad I had toothache.
I have never known any promotion prospects to play so badly so many times. Something isn't right in their heads.
Eleven behind the ball again, I wouldn't wonder. Fwightened wabbits.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 8:25 am

There's no chance at all these 'players' will get Argo promoted this season. They're not even good enough to be semi-professionals. I do wonder also if Dell boy has lost the dressing room. A combination of shit players and shit players who refuse play for the manager is not good.

L2 is assured next season.
Back to top Go down

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 8:42 am

beesrus wrote:
I have never known any promotion prospects to play so badly so many times. Something isn't right in their heads.

Give it a rest will you!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 8:46 am

Tgwu wrote:
Anyone know the 2nd prize in tonights 50/50?

One good  thing out of the night. grandson and his nan won that secound prize.

Second prize – A pair of tickets for the Newport match plus a 3 course meal in the Tribute Legends Lounge with extras.

Third prize – An annual membership for one person at Hill Lane Tennis Club Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:01 am

I suppose you could sell the tickets?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:18 am

I feel an ATD auction coming on.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:35 am

That sounded terrible. Even Michelle Owen the Sky reporter, who's a closet Argyle fan I reckon, said it was the worst she had seen them play - 'toothless' she said.

DA and the boys need to get that out of their system pretty damn quick otherwise the 6 point gap between us and 3rd place will evaporate before you can say Brent out.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:37 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Give it a rest will you!

Tactics Hugh, it's all about tactics. Since those Liverpool matches the tactics have been all wrong. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:39 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Give it a rest will you!

True though, Hugh.
What other theories are out there apart from Freathers, that the manager is losing the dressing room, which could be related to my thoughts. Players don't like being corralled into a system that isn't of their desire and makes them feel hung out to dry in public, while the manager takes the plaudits when they win. Its almost a David Brent thing.....there's good news and there's bad news... Were going up but well be replacing you next season. Cannon fodder for a manager's career.. Thanks for all the fish.
Back to top Go down

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 10:02 am

Yet we somehow managed to beat Exeter and Carlisle both of whom are chasing promotion 3-0 and 2-0 respectively, despite the manager losing the dressing room and the players not wanting to play the system they line up in.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 10:36 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Yet we somehow managed to beat Exeter and Carlisle both of whom are chasing promotion 3-0 and 2-0 respectively, despite the manager losing the dressing room and the players not wanting to play the system they line up in.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 am

Tgwu wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Anyone know the 2nd prize in tonights 50/50?

One good  thing out of the night. grandson and his nan won that secound prize.

Second prize – A pair of tickets for the Newport match plus a 3 course meal in the Tribute Legends Lounge with extras.

Third prize – An annual membership for one person at Hill Lane Tennis Club Plymouth.

erm, whats involved with the extras ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:00 pm

The rumour doing the rounds yesterday was that morale within the squad is not good. The contract situation has reared its head again. Half the squad know that they are not going to be retained and the other half have started to look elsewhere for better deals. Its as simple as players realising that a 2 year deal with a signing on fee for a club up north is better then anything Argyle may offer in June. Also the risk of injury and missing out completely on a contract in the summer is a factor. Clubs always have players coming up to the end of their contracts at this time of year, but at Argyle it appears that its almost the entire squad......again. Having that many employees worried about their future cannot be a good thing.
Back to top Go down

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Well. I'm just glad I've got an evening out tonight with my long suffering wife.
The Junior General couldn't quite believe it last night. Also couldn't believe that we beat Carlisle, but I assured him most of the same players were included in both matches.
FMB we don't make anything easy do we? confused
Back to top Go down

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 pm

There was a game last night?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:55 pm

I think it was Sir Alex Ferguson who once said "there's no such thing as an inconsistent player: there's good players and bad players and that's it".

I guess the same goes for teams.

We're talking about professional footballers here. Even the worst of them is miles better than any of us, with perhaps very rare exceptions, could ever have dreamed of being. Since childhood football has been everything for them and they have dedicated their lives, some more assiduously than others, to developing their fitness and skill levels so that they are where they are today. So all of them are capable of blockbustering one in from 30 yards or making that amazing tackle or being in the right place to send a defensive header to safety or pulling off that miraculous save. The only difference between our players and the very best is that the very best do those things routinely whereas ours do them very occasionally - after all if they could do them all the time they wouldn't be playing for us but Barcelona or whoever.

Well just as we have the occasional very good performance then so we have the occasional shocker because each goes hand-in-hand with being a 4th division team filled with 4th division players and that very fact defines as being "not very good" our average level and with every average there's some contributions much higher and some much lower.

And last night's was definitely a low.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Night games on Tuesdays:

I can only put it down to Jimbob Brent not willing to pay the eletrikery bill in order to have the floodlights at full capacity.

That's the issue here.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Three wins two draws and four defeats since Brent cashed in on Purrington, up until then it was plain sailing.

perhaps his bumper pay packet is pissing off the one year plus another if you play enough contract boys.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Only found out the score an hour ago as was travelling from 12 noon yesterday. Gutted to say the least....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blackpool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackpool   Blackpool - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blackpool
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next