akagreengull
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:07 pm

Decent win, but no good without a few follow up results.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:18 pm

I've just put on Freechat that in my opinion 80 Points will be enough this season to take anyone up. Donny are struggling, Pompey are shight, Exeter are shight with Luton likely to take 3rd place. However shight Argyle can be on occasion this season we're simply just a bit ahead of the rest.....
I genuinely cannot see us cocking this up.....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Wing Commander Pissy Pants, and the uber nerds usually blame the ref when we lose, was todays alright?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Three points is three points and it is nice to get an important win under the belt.

And the League Two table looks a tad better tonight. Points gaps of 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Sky Bet League Two Table

No movement 1 Doncaster Rovers - 35 69

No movement 2 Plymouth Argyle - 34 65

No movement 3 Carlisle United - 35 58

Moving up 4 Luton Town - 34 57

Moving down 5 Portsmouth - 34 56

Moving up 6 Stevenage - 35 55

Moving down 7 Exeter City - 35 54

No movement 8 Mansfield Town - 35 52

No movement 9 Colchester United - 35  51

An Argyle win on Tuesday and it could look rosier (oh, and Pompey are away to Crawley Town too).

Surprised the crowd was as big as it was, well done to the folk who went along.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:27 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Three points is three points and it is nice to get an important win under the belt.

And the League Two table looks a tad better tonight. Points gaps of 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Win on Tuesday and it could look rosier.

How many there bhey?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

How many there bhey?

Over 10,000 apparently.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:34 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

How many there bhey?

Over 10,000 apparently.
Bleddy hell, just imagine if it was run properly! sunny
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:42 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

How many there bhey?

Over 10,000 apparently.

Good crowd for a club punching above it's weight Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:45 pm

Crowd would've been more but too many (quite rightly) don't believe this team is capable of hitting and maintaining the sort of consistent form needed to keep us in the top 3. I fully expect Argo to lose on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

How many there bhey?

Over 10,000 apparently.

The attendance today was 10,381 (326 Cumbrians).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:07 pm

good result from us and a far better performance than last Tuesday's. Fox back in the middle made alot of difference with the distribution and control than that shower in tuesday did. Taylor bless him had got to work on being faster with his movement as he is being closed down to easy to make a difference up front goal scoring wise.

Overall important 3 points next up Blackpool when no doubt we will feck it up and go back to square one.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

How many there bhey?

Over 10,000 apparently.

Indeed, Hail hail the plucky boys in green doing so well in this league of the giants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Freathy wrote:
Crowd would've been more but too many (quite rightly) don't  believe this team is capable of hitting and maintaining the sort of consistent form needed to keep us in the top 3.  I fully expect Argo to lose on Tuesday.
laugh cheer up mate, it was 2-0 after all Thumbs
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:59 pm

This was surely a terrific argyle day with a good win and other results falling into place.
Day tainted by gulls losing to Guiseley, looking grim now, Youngey needs to get the feck out of there, or will be playing Truro next season.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Freathy wrote:
Crowd would've been more but too many (quite rightly) don't  believe this team is capable of hitting and maintaining the sort of consistent form needed to keep us in the top 3.  I fully expect Argo to lose on Tuesday.

Starting to clutch at straws mate, go on start cheering the team on.
You know you want to. laugh
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Massive result in a game that puts you either 1, 4 or 7 points ahead of a promotion rival, depending on how it pans out.

Huge difference from Tuesday and Fox was central to that. There was an energy about the side that was in stark contrast to the lethargy that enveloped the whole team versus County. I think looking at results again today we will probably go up, due in no small part to everyone else being just as inconsistent as us.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 7:17 pm

That was better. Jervis to my mind has been badly treated since the influx of players in the window and proved it today with a pacy performance topped with a coolly taken spot kick. Should be a near automatic choice for the rest of the season AFAIC. Incident packed first half, Carlisle got some dangerous crosses in and had a couple of goals disallowed-one was 10 yards offside, the other was much closer. It was Carlisle's turn to commit defensive suicide by firstly playing a terrible pass for Taylor to intercept and set up Carey for a good finish and secondly for a totally needless shove on Taylor for the aforementioned penalty. Interesting half time guests today-Alan Miller who made a huge impact as a spectacular keeper in the late 1980's and Ken Brown, who brought Miller to the club and would possibly have taken Argyle to some good places were it not for the usual impoverished board. Early loud appeals for a Carlisle penalty in the second half, couple of scares but Argyle were quite comfortable In all truth and saw the game out with ease. Good day all round, big gap opened up on Carlisle and Pompey losing and a massive opportunity to pull further clear coming up-surely it can't be three HP Black Tuesdays in a row........... affraid
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 7:45 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Three points is three points

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
That was better. Jervis to my mind has been badly treated since the influx of players in the window and proved it today with a pacy performance topped with a coolly taken spot kick. Should be a near automatic choice for the rest of the season AFAIC. Incident packed first half, Carlisle got some dangerous crosses in and had a couple of goals disallowed-one was 10 yards offside, the other was much closer. It was Carlisle's turn to commit defensive suicide by firstly playing a terrible pass for Taylor to intercept and set up Carey for a good finish and secondly for a totally needless shove on Taylor for the aforementioned penalty. Interesting half time guests today-Alan Miller who made a huge impact as a spectacular keeper in the late 1980's and Ken Brown, who brought Miller to the club and would possibly have taken Argyle to some good places were it not for the usual impoverished board. Early loud appeals for a Carlisle penalty in the second half, couple of scares but Argyle were quite comfortable In all truth and saw the game out with ease. Good day all round, big gap opened up on Carlisle and Pompey losing and a massive opportunity to pull further clear coming up-surely it can't be three HP Black Tuesdays in a row........... affraid

Interesting half time guests, indeed. Miller was only with us for 3 months, wasn't he? Most Argyle attendees of a certain age remember him with reverence though - just seemed a cut above and that in an era where we had good keepers. My Dad always said when I was a lad 'Argyle always had good keepers'. Crudgie was our No.1 for most of my youth and he wasn't too shabby. I thought Ken Brown was a coup for us when he became manager and I recall us struggling for position in the league when he was manager but thinking we played decent football and it should turn around. Bit disappointed at him going.

Good result today. I'm as impatient as the next man for us to get out of this turgid dross of a division but I'm starting to feel convinced we'll get to the next one up, which will be half a job done in the quest for respectability. 46 next month and need to feel that a decent Championship presence before 50 is realistic to keep the mental Argyle fires burning. That will mean change in the boardroom, for sure, but first things first.....please.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 9:11 pm

I thought the scoreline flattered us a bit.

All sorts of incident in the game and I wouldn't mind betting that Keith Curle's post-match interview will make great viewing: basically every big decision went our way including 3 disallowed goals, 2 penalty decisions (one given and one not given) and a very dubious edge of the area pick-up from McCormick. I'm not suggesting that any of the decisions were wrong simply that they all went our way.

Carlisle had 2 headed goals disallowed in the first half. The first looked miles offside but the second... I must admit I had about the worst view possible though so I'm not calling it wrong just close. The 3rd was disallowed for a robust challenge on McCormick that I'm not convinced would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch but the goalie always gets seems to get those decisions. Dear ol' Stan Mortensen wust be rolling in his grave (if he's dead).

Our pen was on the soft side. Taylor went down under a challenge and the ref blew immediately. There didn't seem much in it to the naked eye. The second was a clear ball-to-hand by Sawyer (?). Not much he could do about it but there definite contact and to quote the cliché "I've seen them given".

A couple of interesting changes to the starting line-up with Jervis and Fox coming back and Songo'o and Tanner being benched. I like Jervis. He works like a Trojan, has a trick or two offensively and must be a nightmare to defend against once he gets his legs going. He was desperately not to score when cut in from the right and thwacked a shot against the bar. One of ours also hit the bar with a header but I forget who.

Taylor also worked damned hard and deserved his penalty even if he did "win" it just for the battering he took throughout the match. His ankles must be black and blue after a game. He also set up Carey in some style for another goal like the two we scored against Exeter.

Songo'o came on for Sokolik at halftime which made very little difference to anything. Spencer came on for Taylor and looked busy. Donaldson came on for Jervis near the end and it was nice to see us sub the player furthest from the dugout for a change.

No real negatives apart from Sarcevic's shooting. He had 4 or 5 pops at goal from the edge of the box and not once got within yards of the target. Not his best game.

It was nice to see Fox back. He really has become indispensable to the side. Doesn't do anything flash but the boy is a baller. He really can play.

Carey also nearly netted from a free-kick but was denied by an excellent save by their 'keeper.

All that said there was little in it all the way through and Carlisle had their chances but couldn't overcome the decisions that fell for us.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Interesting half time guests, indeed. Miller was only with us for 3 months, wasn't he? Most Argyle attendees of a certain age remember him with reverence though - just seemed a cut above and that in an era where we had good keepers. My Dad always said when I was a lad 'Argyle always had good keepers'. Crudgie was our No.1 for most of my youth and he wasn't too shabby. I thought Ken Brown was a coup for us when he became manager and I recall us struggling for position in the league when he was manager but thinking we played decent football and it should turn around. Bit disappointed at him going.

Good result today. I'm as impatient as the next man for us to get out of this turgid dross of a division but I'm starting to feel convinced we'll get to the next one up, which will be half a job done in the quest for respectability. 46 next month and need to feel that a decent Championship presence before 50 is realistic to keep the mental Argyle fires burning. That will mean change in the boardroom, for sure, but first things first.....please.

Lord Jim and the hopeless Starnes have said the aim of the board is to get back to the Championship. Surely you trust them to achieve that aim, don't you?
laugh
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Sounds like Carlisle could and should have walloped us. The best side lost again. Blackpool will tear us to pieces. We aren't going up.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 10:31 pm

That was some game. My heart will not take much more Very Happy What a crowd after that Tuesday game.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I thought the scoreline flattered us a bit.

Dear ol' Stan Mortensen wust be rolling in his grave (if he's dead).

He's rolling alright, what's left of him. He's been in the ground a good 20 years.
Back to top Go down
RWW

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 9:58 am

Carlisle's 3rd goal was not disallowed for the challenge on Luke
After the challenge he handballed it in
and was yellow carded for intentional handball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle misfits v Carlisle   Argyle misfits v Carlisle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle misfits v Carlisle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next