Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
we now know one set of fan not given a seat.

argyledad

Sadly the request by the Trust, on behalf of its thousand members, to be represented on the working party was rejected by James Brent.

I think you must be a farm poster to be on this working party

However, in a different development, The Chair of the AFT and Ed the Vet are at the club for a meeting with them today.

'Where did you hear that from BBC1?' said nobody to me.

Facebook you Monkeyspankers!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Nool is on WG.

A friend and a very reliable 'sauce' has also informed me that the pig is indeed on the working group.

WHY? What possible corporate, technical, construction and architectural expertise could this utter buffoon bring to the working group?
Buy an argo forum, donate a grand to Jimmy, every couple of months and the slates wiped clean!!!  thank fook the mankover wont happen anyway...... Brent out
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Tgwu wrote:
we now know one set of fan not given a seat.

argyledad

Sadly the request by the Trust, on behalf of its thousand members, to be represented on the working party was rejected by James Brent.

I think you must be a farm poster to be on this working party
The trust are more representative of the fans than any Top Toadie Brent may appoint. the working party will be a Bumlickathon from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 pm

I think we all know that that WG is gunna be hand picked indeviduals & people with extra long tongues touting the brent/party line
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 pm

That rejection says everything about why I reject Brent, in turn, as the owner of so-called Plymouth Argyle. I vote with my feet, always have. You only get rid of his sort by starving/kicking him out. In the meantime, you get to feel you're doing the right thing. That's important. It's only professional football I'm missing, no big deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 6:27 pm

We have a reply from a member of the WG over at the other place! Pig
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:17 pm

RegGreen wrote:
I think we all know that that WG is gunna be hand picked indeviduals & people with extra long tongues touting the brent/party line

Not all of them, although the plan to bring them all into line has begun with the group being told to sign non disclosure agreements. We shall see whether that leads to resignations.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:36 pm

BBC1 wrote:
 We do?  Copy and paste please.

The best we can hope for is Graham Clarke and the worst is the likes of Nool (for obvious reasons) and GreenArmy1984 .  His appointment would just be the cherry on top of the icing!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

The best we can hope for is Graham Clarke and the worst is the likes of Nool (for obvious reasons) and GreenArmy1984 .  His appointment would just be the cherry on top of the icing!

2 out of 3 isn't bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Sorry mate, but i'm a technological numpty i'm afraid. confused
FWIW there is a thread on 'another place' about it. With a reply about 'Motherships'. And I don't think it was the Led Zep album he was talking about either. :pighug:
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:07 am

Shouldn't really be surprised that the AFT were denied a place in the group. Theres a clear message there to those involved to give it up and call it a day, as whilst Brent is running the show you dont exist sadly
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:01 am

beesrus wrote:
That rejection says everything about why I reject Brent, in turn, as the owner of so-called Plymouth Argyle. I vote with my feet, always have. You only get rid of his sort by starving/kicking him out. In the meantime, you get to feel you're doing the right thing. That's important. It's only professional football I'm missing, no big deal.

Ditto............
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 am

Been to two matches since brent has been owner - both against my will. Not going again until brent is history. And I used to be a regular ST holder before brent.

Wish others would boycott so we can get rid of this attrocious individual.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:18 am

Its been pointed out to me the that it appears the Boy Wonder Jameson is part of the Working Group. Just what he brings to the table is anyones guess (well I can guess)....As he's on here daily in his other guise you'll happily confirm or deny am sure Lee.....
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:23 am

The trust is finished.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:34 am

Elias wrote:
The trust is finished.

The shyster is clearly continuing to surround himself with committed Brentophiles, obviously the trust is an anathema to him for having the termerity to have asked him awkward questions in the past about his plans and motives.
When the working group meets , I wonder if they will be wearing bobble hats?
This club is village to it's fecking core, ambition? no thank you mate not round here, we are Plymouth Argyle.

Pig :pighug: Sheep deadhorse
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

beesrus wrote:

Yet the attendance figures go up each year.....I wonder why ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 am

Yep, that's right, words fail me.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 9:53 am

Seems like the most poisonous of poison chalices to me. You won't be able to publicly criticise the club's decisions, probably won't have a lot of weight in steering the design process, and will cop it from your fellow fans regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am

zyph wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yet the attendance figures go up each year.....I wonder why ?

What other people do is of their concern, not mine. There has always been the football/beermates constituency that need directing in something to do once a week. If "the team" wins more people troop along, regardless of what "the team" represent, although Blackpool fans seem to have got up a momentum as they continue to fall through the floorboards. Hats off to them.Tipping points and all that. Would never happen in Plymouth.

As I said, I get to feel I'm doing the right thing. Boycott is a personal matter, not dependent on others. I still have close family who have a season ticket, although they are weakening Very Happy , especially if the latest stadium plans are a bit dodgy re the park. There have always been the two polar opposites when communities are taken over by the wrong sort. Read up yer Wind in the Willows.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 2:06 pm

There were loose tongues at the life centre this morning, An Argyle employee talking about the grandstand and mentioned the wings, I foolishly asked him if they were filling in the wings, he said cannot tell you. I should have kept quiet and listen so more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Tgwu wrote:
There were loose tongues at the life centre this morning, An Argyle employee talking about the grandstand and mentioned the wings, I foolishly asked him if they were filling in the wings, he said cannot tell you. I should have kept quiet and listen so more.

i imagine the nw stand will be a conservatory compared to brent's hospitality and function centre.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Albatross on the farm wrote:
I work in architecture so have a good knowledge of construction, planning and building regulations and was turned down! No mention of who was selected just that we will have chance to comment when the plans become available

Says it all...  This guy turned down and apparently the likes of Nool and Jameson accepted.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:23 pm

THE Green Army Grandstand Working Group has had its first meeting.

The GAGWG, a consultative body of Argyle fans established to advise the club's Board on the redevelopment and expansion of the main grandstand and new conferencing & banqueting centre at Home Park, met in the Home Park Boardroom this week, when Pilgrims chairman James Brent outlined the plans and project director Tony Hopwood presented initial architects' designs.

There was considerable discussion of the plans from the GAGWG, which will meet monthly throughout the redevelopment period, and this will be fed back to the design-team.

All supporters will have the opportunity to comment on, and make suggestions about, the plans as they are developed.

We will let you know how in due course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 4 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next