Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 pm

january!!!!!! seems an odd month to start a major rebulid of a stand
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm

I heard yesterday plans will be put into the Council in two months time.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Angry wrote:
january!!!!!! seems an odd month to start a major rebulid of a stand

It would if it was a major rebuild of the stand itself.  But if the majority of the work only involves building conference facilities behind the Mayflower stand then maybe not so much.  Clearly from inside the ground, after the 'refurbishment' is completed, the Mayflower will look pretty much as it does now - i.e. a crumbling eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 4:22 am

Tgwu wrote:
I heard yesterday plans will be put into the Council in two months time.

How can that be? They haven't been presented to us fans for review yet. What if we have changes we want made?

Lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 am

Ha ha, the very idea that fans would be given any meaningful input into anything of import at Home Park  Razz
Day by day, it's looking even more as if this is purely an internal and rear end job with a few wider seats in the directors' box. We wouldn't want all that corrugated crap at the back spoiling the vista from the squire's car park.

I remember years ago the Todd/Gardner/Campbell musings intimating that building work could alternatively commence on the cheap by building underneath the existing. Same objectives, same result. I like old embedded with new, but not with the likes of Brent at the helm with his self serving objectives. And I suspect further applications are likely to be made at HHP behind the stadium before anything else meaningful happens inside.

A pig's ear comes to mind. Might as well have one on the club badge.

Last edited by beesrus on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 6:49 am

Brents a lying toad of the highest order. Without question without doubt he previously made it clear subject to planning permission work would commence at the start of the 2017/2018 season. I even "starred" it in my personal diary
feckin joke of a chairman and he clearly proved it with multiple stories of comments to supporters on the pitch monday
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 3:13 pm

MEETING TWO

Green Army Working Group Update

THE Green Army Grandstand Working Group has had its second meeting.
The Group met in the Home Park Boardroom last week; Argyle Chairman James Brent and Project Director Tony Hopwood presented the latest iteration of the architects’ plans.

Tony responded to the points raised by the Group at its previous meeting and presented layouts of the site showing the new facilities in and around the Grandstand including players’ facilities, club shop, ticket office, match day bars, additional food outlets and toilets.

The layout of the extended Grandstand was explained which incorporates hospitality and conferencing and banqueting facilities on the ground floor with office space above.

The lower terrace will be realigned to ensure appropriate sightlines are achieved and there will be new seating throughout the Grandstand including disabled seats with a variety of sightlines and premium seats to serve the extensive new hospitality.

James thanked the Group for their time and contribution; it will meet again in around a month’s time.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 3:41 pm

So it 'is' just a lick of paint for the main grandstand and some corrugated sheds for hospitality and changing rooms.

FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:10 pm

No mention yet of reintroduced seating in the Mayflower. Extraordinary. Just some waffle about sight lines, whatever that might mean in Brent's head, who has never sat on the "lower terrace", again, whatever that means.
How brazen Basketball
Surely these latest owners wouldn't have the cheek to spend millions on corporate refurb and leave the Mayflower unpopulated ? Surely not ?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am

beesrus wrote:
No mention yet of reintroduced seating in the Mayflower. Extraordinary. Just some waffle about sight lines, whatever that might mean in Brent's head, who has never sat on the "lower terrace", again, whatever that means.
How brazen Basketball
Surely these latest owners wouldn't have the cheek to spend millions on corporate refurb and leave the Mayflower unpopulated ? Surely not ?

yes they are
what possible reason is there for brent not to say yes of course seats are going in on mayflower terrace ??

zero none nada zilch absolute fuckin joke

why the utter secrecy ?? have tagged in jane moore politely with a question this morning who apparently is on the panel waiting with bated breath for an answer

Last edited by harvetheslayer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 am

It's all very ambiguous, no certainty about anything in the new design, they can't even state what the capacity will be. This is Brent's fait accompli
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 7:29 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:
It's all very ambiguous, no certainty about anything in the new design, they can't even state what the capacity will be. This is Brent's fait accompli

My view backed up with brents pathetic update is that the grandstand itself is going to be extended towards the barn park end with changing rooms underneath with a tunnel at that end of ground to the pitch. That tunnel was mentioned before from one of working group some time ago
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 7:38 am

beesrus wrote:
How brazen Basketball

If it was any other club I would say of course they'll put seats on the mayflower terrace - it's a no brainer! But this is brent's Argo so from inside the stadium we can fully expect the whole mayflower stand will look exactly as it does now - complete with an expanse of closed barren terracing and Bobby's garden in the Corner.

BRENT OUT
HALLETT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 7:45 am

Nothing would surprise me Freathy, the only 'scrutiny' is from handpicked group of sychophants headed up by Piggy Nool, who of course has been given a AAA pass in exchange for quelling any discontent and manning the barricades in sanitising the club's official message board. Chauffeur duties and free reign to wonder around the ticket office, it was easy to buy him off.

There will be no meaningful scrutiny until it's too late, Brent will release further details as the diggers move in. A '4 legs good 2 legs bad' inspired twitter campaign from Pervy Plebb will force the message home to the passive compliant thick fanbase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 am

Is the "lower terrace" Brent refers to, the ludicrous few rows still existing in the Mayflower ?

Those seats were higher than necessary when installed, as they had to see over standing fans in front. That would appear to be the "realignment" referred to. People taking their seats there still get in the way of those in the boxes, which are shortly to become the new scoffing zone ?  Unless the scoffing will take place further down to the Barn Park end where some have speculated an extension will be ?
Surely Brent wouldn't want a derelict concrete terrace in full view of his new banqueters ?. That would be no way to start a new income stream for any sensible person ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 am

I would like to think "The lower terrace will be realigned to ensure appropriate sightlines are achieved" means that the terrace will be steepened slightly which is what'll be needed if it's to be an all seated area. But because this whole process is cloaked in secrecy no-one knows. And because it's brent, in the absence of any real information, you need to assume the absolute worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 am

Yes, I'm assuming the worst too. I admit that. I can't see the money stretching to rejigging the whole of the Mayflower ground level.

Still, one positive from the park point of view is possible, should it go ahead. All that mess might be cleared off what is now Brent's land to the rear. It looks like some Chelson Meadow favella slum there with it's assortment of porta cabins and pot holes
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 am

Freathy wrote:
I would like to think "The lower terrace will be realigned to ensure appropriate sightlines are achieved" means that the terrace will be steepened slightly which is what'll be needed if it's to be an all seated area.  But because this whole process is cloaked in secrecy no-one knows.  And because it's brent, in the absence of any real information, you need to assume the absolute worst.

If we had a proper owner and an ambitious board, the whole sorry rusting asbestos ridden eyesore known as the Mayflower would be taken down.
Silent Si's £5M loan ain't gonna buy much, but the massed ranks of the easily pleased eternally grateful will put up with any old shit. deadhorse I
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 am

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I would like to think "The lower terrace will be realigned to ensure appropriate sightlines are achieved" means that the terrace will be steepened slightly which is what'll be needed if it's to be an all seated area.  But because this whole process is cloaked in secrecy no-one knows.  And because it's brent, in the absence of any real information, you need to assume the absolute worst.

If we had a proper owner and an ambitious board, the whole sorry rusting asbestos ridden eyesore known as the Mayflower would be taken down.
Silent Si's £5M loan ain't gonna buy much, but the massed ranks of the easily pleased eternally grateful will put up with any old shit. deadhorse I

When we do get a proper owner, brent and hallett's half arsed cheap makeover won't save the decrepit eyesore from being totally demolished and replaced with a proper stand befitting a club with Argo's potential.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 9:05 am

Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:

When we do get a proper owner, brent and hallett's half arsed cheap makeover won't save the decrepit eyesore from being totally demolished and replaced with a proper stand befitting a club with Argo's potential.

I know we take the piss out of brent (and rightly so) but the lack of details is alarming this bullshit "We'll release it when complete" is a crock of shit which anyone with an IQ of more than 17 will see through.
The outer design is complete internally maybe some tweeking to accomodate porkys fat arse but little else. Its clear to me that the money is "mostly" directed towards providing corporate facilities benefitting the reluctant one and community si.
The eternally grateful though will lap it up.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 9:23 am

Totally agree Harvetheslayer, that whole side of the ground is a disaster area, how the hell can 5M sort it
out properly?
Agree l think corporate facilities is the priority,  Brent knows the vast majority of the fanbase will accept more or less anything he does, because they have no belief things can be so much better.
Just watched the matchplay moments video, you know I feel ashamed to support a club that has such
Poor facilities given the status and potential at Argyle.
Watching the Newport players get off their coach into that shit tip is embarrassing.
Problem is so many people have become desensitised to it.
Sulk
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 am

I do wonder how many deals are sealed by a company hosting it's corporate clients at an event which involves watching a third division football match and a hot fork buffet? Not an implied criticism per se just curious as to how corporate is seen as so lucrative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 am

Corporate is the new black.
Just say the word and everyone is supposed to swoon. A bit like it used to be when mentioning "The Bishop's coming".
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 10:46 am

beesrus wrote:
Just say the word and everyone is supposed to swoon. A bit like it used to be when mentioning "The Bishop's coming".

Anyone for a prawn sandwich?
popcorn3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

akagreengull wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Anyone for a prawn sandwich?
popcorn3
Love Prawns Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 11 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next