Freathy
Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:24 pm

zyph wrote:
You can only play the team that is put in front of you.....Klopp was disrespecful towards PAFC by playing an understrength eleven....because of big games to come.....it's going to get harder for him having to play an extra match that he didn't really want now.....how can anyone not look at this draw as a great result for Argyle....but of course there will always be miserable sods who can't stand any success coming Argyle's way.....I expect there will be plastic Liverpool supporters in Devon pretending to be Argyle supporters trying to get tickets.

spot on Zyph Thumbs
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:35 pm

zyph wrote:
You can only play the team that is put in front of you.....Klopp was disrespecful towards PAFC by playing an understrength eleven....because of big games to come.....it's going to get harder for him having to play an extra match that he didn't really want now.....how can anyone not look at this draw as a great result for Argyle....but of course there will always be miserable sods who can't stand any success coming Argyle's way.....I expect there will be plastic Liverpool supporters in Devon pretending to be Argyle supporters trying to get tickets.

There will be plenty.

I have asked a mate of mine if he can get me a ticket for the replay. As i have not attended one game this season, i would struggle to get a ticket otherwise.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:

will the care home allow you to go to the game?

No care home needed here.....angry Angry.....and probably not for a few years yet God willing.

A great game to watch on the box and good defending... against a team and manager that didn't seem able to try anything different but feed Argyle's strengths .The quiet kop being outsung by 8,000 greens...brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 8:42 pm

On the TV, the 1st half Argyle performance came across as vaguely embarrassing but thought we improved 2nd half. By the end, it was up to Liverpool to break us down, given the talent on the pitch. If you took no pleasure out of the result you're either not an Argyle fan, a cnut, or both. You decide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Boom. Straight into my top 3 Argyle away days of all time.

And I couldn't give flying fcuk how it was achieved. Stood there with 8,500 others watching Scousers heading for the exits in droves from about 85 mins was a sight to behold.

Have that you Scouse Cnuts.  cheers  

agree with you there fella. A lovely sight!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
On the TV, the 1st half Argyle performance came across as vaguely embarrassing but thought we improved 2nd half. By the end, it was up to Liverpool to break us down, given the talent on the pitch. If you took no pleasure out of the result you're either not an Argyle fan, a cnut, or both. You decide.

If you think any Argo fan on here took no pleasure from the result you're either not an Argyle fan, a cnut or both. You decide.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

One can't argue with that.

First half was not good and i thought it a matter of time before Liverpool scored. Getting to half-time at 0-0 was refreshing. Argyle improved in the second half, but Liverpool still looked like they might grab a goal. Thankfully, they huffed and puffed and could not blow the house down.

Just had a look at the Liverpool Echo and Klopp is getting some stick for fielding a weakened side, however, he said Argyle deserved the replay. Meanwhile, Adams said Liverpool will venture into the ''real world'' when they visit Home Park on Tuesday 17th or Wednesday 18th.

On what Liverpool can expect when they make the journey to Plymouth, Adams said: "Not as luxurious dressing rooms as they have here, even though we're in a porta-cabin. From that point of view, welcome to the real world."

Link One

Link Two

Link Three

What made me laugh was a quote on BT Sport after the game. The interviewer asked Klopp if they were flying down to Devon. Klopp was sort of stunned by that question.

Of course they can fly to Devon, they can then get a coach to Plymouth from Exeter airport.

How much more money will Argyle make from the replay, will it be the same as what they have got for today's match or less (due to a reduced Home Park capacity). It has been quoted that they will receive £500,000 from the trip to Anfield.

If as an example they stand to pocket £250,000 from the replay and add on the £500,000 for the original match, £750,000 is a tidy sum the club have gained. Just a pity Adams will not be seeing any of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:17 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Suck on that Jose, Derek just turned parking the bus into an art form.
Credit to Adams and the players today.

I find it hard to agree with that. If the Liverpool team had anyone who could score, it would have been two and all over  by half time. Like watching paint dry, but good result. Enjoyed being with friends in ATD's very own Cherry Tree

Last edited by beesrus on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Freathy wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

If you think any Argo fan on here took no pleasure from the result you're either not an Argyle fan, a cnut or both.  You decide.

You're either really clever, or not. It's one of the two.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:20 pm

beesrus wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

I find it hard to agree with that. If the Liverpool team had anyone who could score, it would have been two and all over  by half time. Like watching paint dry. Enjoyed being with friends in ATD's very own Cherry Tree

You're right but they didn't and Argyle came into the game, eventually. What did people expect? I expected a 5-0 defeat. Pretty pleased with 0-0 in the end.

Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Well done Argyle. Great result!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:25 pm

A great result, garita impressive shame his attitude seems poor at times.

Was odd that when better players came on we were more in the game bizarre in all honesty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Against kids, I expected Argyle to be more in the game and make at least some sort of fist of it. Argyle had one half chance all game. I really don't like teams being told to stand 15 yards off their man.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Sonny boy is my fav Argo player, and has been our best this season from what I've seen. Thought McCormick looked assured too.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:35 pm

A good result.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
beesrus wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

I find it hard to agree with that. If the Liverpool team had anyone who could score, it would have been two and all over  by half time. Like watching paint dry. Enjoyed being with friends in ATD's very own Cherry Tree

You're right but they didn't and Argyle came into the game, eventually. What did people expect? I expected a 5-0 defeat. Pretty pleased with 0-0 in the end.

I'm with you Innocent. I actually thought near the end we could have nicked it! Had JJ played a square pass to Janner Tanner he was in on goal. The funniest part of the whole game was Tarzan Bradley and his ''underarm hair pulling'' and ''ear tweaking'' - wet myself laughing.
salute
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 11:40 pm

It was the look of ... 'what me? What did I do?' from him that was priceless.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:52 am

What a performance. Liverpool made the mistake of trying to walk it in. Watched In Asia in Sports Bar packed with Scousers with shirts.
The noise from Green Army was deafening. We had BT feed but different comms to back home and they were saying Liverpool were embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:08 am

beesrus wrote:
Against kids, I expected Argyle to be more in the game and make at least some sort of fist of it. Argyle had one half chance all game. I really don't like teams being told to stand 15 yards off their man.

Memo to Derek Adams........Dear Derek... I think you got your tactics wrong against mere kids (even though they are probably worth £millions) you should have attacked them more.

You should have tested there goalkeeper more....remember Loris Karius made a few mistakes against Premiership players.... so he would have been an easy target for Argyle's devastating star spangled strikers from Div2.

Let me know if you would like some advice...willing to help you get things right for the replay......kind regards ...beesrus.

Last edited by zyph on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:34 am

I think yesterday may well have been a very significant day in our history. I would imagine that Hallett moves in some financially significant circles, and should he try to attract further investment into Argyle, a video of the crowd yesterday could be very persuasive.

The only circles Brent moves is when he has to circumnavigate around Nool at the buffet table.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:46 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think yesterday may well have been a very significant day in our history. I would imagine that Hallett moves in some financially significant circles, and should he try to attract further investment into Argyle, a video of the crowd yesterday could be very persuasive.

The only circles Brent moves is when he has to circumnavigate around Nool at the buffet table.

Certainly yesterday can only be a plus for PAFC......the yanks love to get in on history (being a young nation) and what could be better than the 400 year anniversary of the Mayflowers landing in the new world (sorry I wasn't jesting over saying new world)......If that cannot get interest flowing than I don't know what can....surely Hallett is aware of that.

Hallett plus 'new world' backing could maybe release the finance required to move Argyle on from the James Brent era.....a take over and the window of 400 years celebration might just be the key to the future.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 am

Les Miserable wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:32 am

zyph wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Memo to Derek Adams........Dear Derek... I think you got your tactics wrong against mere kids (even though they are probably worth £millions) you should have attacked them more.

You should have tested there goalkeeper more....remember Loris Karius made a few mistakes against Premiership players.... so he would have been an easy target for Argyle's devastating star spangled strikers from Div2.

Let me know if you would like some advice...willing to help you get things right for the replay......kind regards ...beesrus.

I'm not here to give advice, I'm here to give of my opinion as a spectator. That game was there for the taking after he first half hour of tip tap, bungle. At least when Sturrock the First played that sort of thing he had a great exponent in Evans playing up front and a team that could break fast and sharp.

Yours is the same old "the pros know best" dross. Well, not always they don't, as you won't be surprised to hear, they mostly all lose as many as they win.
Sadly, my friends thought Adams has played that sort of thing all season, and will do it again in the replay. A lost cause if they play that way at home, as their home record would suggest. Best foot forward after a 20 minute sizing up please. It's not just winning in games against these giants, it's how you play in what 9 times out of 10 will end in losing.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 am

beesrus wrote:
zyph wrote:
beesrus wrote:

I'm not here to give advice, I'm here to give of my opinion as a spectator. That game was there for the taking after he first half hour of tip tap, bungle. At least when Sturrock the First played that sort of thing he had a great exponent in Evans playing up front and a team that could break fast and sharp.

Yours is the same old "the pros know best" dross. Well, not always they don't, as you won't be surprised to hear, they mostly all lose as many as they win.

WATCH FOOTBALL
LIVE FOOTBALL
TALK SHITE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liverpool match thread...
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next