Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??

Go down 
+10
VillageGreen
Tgwu
Czarcasm
green_genie
sufferedsince 68
Dane
Les Miserable
Freathy
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 10:06 am

Graiser wrote:
The ticket system's a fricking farce

I haven't actually engaged with the rush for tickets at all and won't need to so I haven't bothered reading any of the stuff about how to get a ticket.

I did engage with Wembley ticketing though and a source of huge frustration was something about privileges (I forget the details) and being a full ST holder I expected to be fully privileged up.

The problem came because their ticketing system used the email address as the primary identifier and not my name, address or ST number... I'd registered so long ago, and don't think I'd used it since, that I couldn't remember which email address I had used and was using the wrong one. Once this was solved it all went smoothly.

So if you get a "privileges" warning of some sort be sure that the email address is correct.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 10:50 am

Yep, it's all about e-mailing lists, databases and associated semantic market values these days. I'm not engaging with the ticketing system as I have no intention whatsoever of going. Stick that in your database..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
There was a time when the name Francis Drake would have opened any door there is in Plymouth. You're obviously yesterday's man Frank.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 10:55 am

beesrus wrote:
Yep, it's all about e-mailing lists, databases and associated semantic market values these days. I'm not engaging with the ticketing system as I have no intention whatsoever of going. Stick that in your database..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
There was a time when the name Francis Drake would have opened any door there is in Plymouth. You're obviously yesterday's man Frank.

Something I can easily live with.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 1:25 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Usual mayhem and disorder trying to buy tickets I see. Have we got the most cretinous Chief Executive in the Football League or what. He's clueless.
Starnes appeared on the BBC on Spotlight in bloody jeans and sweatshirt my previous nickname for him the man at C&A is perfectly apt

Good grief....a Chief Exec wearing jeans & a sweatshirt... what next......the Queen not wearing her crown when walking the corgies.....I blame it all on these refugees flooding the country....standards where have they all gone to.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:35 pm

zyph wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Usual mayhem and disorder trying to buy tickets I see. Have we got the most cretinous Chief Executive in the Football League or what. He's clueless.
Starnes appeared on the BBC on Spotlight in bloody jeans and sweatshirt my previous nickname for him the man at C&A is perfectly apt

Good grief....a Chief Exec wearing jeans & a sweatshirt... what next......

Yes he absolutely should have been in a Suit period. Jeans for christ sake
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 7:23 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
zyph wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Good grief....a Chief Exec wearing jeans & a sweatshirt... what next......

Yes he absolutely should have been in a Suit period. Jeans for christ sake

Yeah, a shell suit.....skate
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 8:46 am

My 17 year old who is clever to say the least and 3 mates wanted to obviously sit together. They all hold top priviledges etc on seats.
He has said feck it he aint going and I quote "cant be feckin arsed if the twats cant work out a simple ticketing operation"

Absolute clusterfuck of ludicrous proportions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Good to hear Harve, but if you can't appear clever at 17, when can you. The trouble comes when the brighter than bright young things start making compromises and dulling down their coats, in order to find food. It's an animal thing. Being one of 4000 out of 8000 doesn't sound much like privilege to me, nor to the squire obviously. We're talking the law as applied to herds. Far better seats to be had.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Jesus Christ. You boys really are determined to put a dagger through our hearts this season. I bet Klopp will even play more stars, given his stronger squad and no injury crisis, unlike his situation at the time of our games last year.

Anyway given that it's the season of goodwill to all men – Greens almost count as human – I thought I'd pass on a couple of things I learned last year, for anyone who’s interested.

First of all, if you've never been to Liverpool before and are equivocating about an overnighter, then stop. I was in the same position – poverty being the main consideration – but decided to take a punt. I'm so glad I did – Liverpool is a fantastic city. If you like the Beatles then obviously it's very evocative, but that’s not all there is to it.

I stayed in an excellent, modern, chic hotel with fantastic service, bang in the City Centre called the Nadler. Even though it's very central it was also a very quiet street. It was full of old warehouses that were being converted into bijoux city-centre flats and even the construction noise wasn’t a problem, but I imagine it’s complete now anyway. For Beatles fans it’s around the corner from the Jacaranda – the other venue they regularly played – and almost opposite where the former impresario Larry Parnes' office used to be, where the Beatles signed the contract for their first UK tour.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don’t know if I got a good price through Hotels.com, or whether I'm just used to London prices, but I was shocked at how nice it was for the price. Highly recommended.

Now you just have to decide If this is all some dastardly ECFC plot designed to trick you into booking a shit-encrusted hole with an outside toilet – or maybe it’s a double bluff?

As far as Anfield itself goes, beware of sitting in the upper tier back rows, in the assumption that this will be where the singers/action is/are. The roof is heavily sloping and if you’re too far back it”ll be like trying to watch through a letterbox. There was some argy-bargy with our plastics asking for tickets to be changed once they became aware of the problem, which I know caused headaches given that tickets were released quite late. It might not be such an issue for you, as I assume you have more resources to deal with a massive plastic influx, but I think it's worth bearing in mind.

The very last thing I shall be doing is wishing you luck. In fact if any of this post helps a Green, Karma will see to it that your team stinks Anfield out even more than ours did.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 am

That was some fiasco yesterday over Ticketing right across the board. Whoever oversaw yesterdays abortion needs to be put to the wall and shot.
Reading various reports and taking an average it looks like around 450 people didnt get to pay on the gate at lets say at an average of £20 so £9,000 lost in revenue maybe plus a £1000 for extras possibly purchased food drink etc

£10,000 Starnes on your watch lost and thats just one tiny part of yesterdays clusterfuck
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Attained our tickets yesterday, good seats just to the left of goal 11 rows back, the young man who served us was very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2