Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??

Go down 
+10
VillageGreen
Tgwu
Czarcasm
green_genie
sufferedsince 68
Dane
Les Miserable
Freathy
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? Empty
PostSubject: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:05 am

Bit of fun ?? Someone else maybe suggest an idea ??

I think the amount sold will be massively lower than the current hype suggests and as such I go for 5,130 in total

Reasons obviously a Liverpool shithole 300 miles away, early kick off at 1.30 its a Sunday and to cap it all live on TV. No way will we offload 8,000 plus in my opinion

fishing
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:14 am

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:37 am

It'll sell out.....along with all the half n half shit jocolor geek raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:04 am

i think it will sell out with ease !
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:09 am

Anyone remember how many went to Arsenal a few years ago ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:11 am

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 am

I'm not trekking up to Liverpool on a sunday to watch the scousers reserves stick six past Jimmy's brave boys, but i reckon 7500 will.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 10:25 am

Les Miserable wrote:

plus a load in home end.

I won a sweep on 'other site John Lloyd ran for total gate in 52000's.

Will be similar again when Irish/SE/Norwegian etc Reds don't take up their seats.

Mate has a Cup Only ST for them based on returns.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 10:27 am

It'll sell out easily. People underestimate the tens of thousands of plastic Scousers born and bred in Plymouth who will be desperate to go. The fact Argyle are playing them will give them an excuse to go up there and pretend to be an Argyle fan for an afternoon. Probably 95% of season ticket ticket holders will go - that's about 4,000 before you even start on the other fans or plastics.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 10:29 am

Lord Melbury wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 10:57 am

all the plastic fans that came out of the woodwork for wembley im sure will be snapping up tickets so i can see argyle selling their allocation.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:00 am

We will sell out, I going up on the Saturday.

I was in the shop this morning

I was left amazed this fan who could not under stand the ticket office info given out by the ticket office in the media yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:21 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

Blimey. Was it as many as that. May sell out in that case then.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:23 am

Tgwu wrote:
We will sell out, I going up on the Saturday.

I was in the shop this morning

I was left amazed this fan who could not under stand the ticket office info given out by the ticket office in the media yesterday.

Did you show him a seating plan? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:37 am

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:40 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

I think we hold the record for the most away fans at both Highbury and the Emirates (it's possible that our Emirates tally has since been beaten).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 12:49 pm

I was at the first Highbury crush. Not the most pleasant or safe 90 minutes I've ever spent. Not quite sure for how many minutes my feet were actually in contact with the floor.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 7:19 pm

beesrus wrote:
I was at the first Highbury crush. Not the most pleasant or safe 90 minutes I've ever spent. Not quite sure for how many minutes my feet were actually in contact with the floor.

Was that the 6-1 defeat, I was at that one. Someone told me that there were 15,000 there, not too sure about that. I was also at the League Cup match in '83, went up on the football special. I remember the Argyle fans throwing airbombs into the Arsenal section that was right next to the away end.

It nearly kicked-off at the train station after the game too. Plenty of missiles being thrown between the Arsenal and Argyle fans I recall.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Only 8, 500 tickets for the Anfield trip. They will surely be all sold before the "on general sale" date of January 3rd.

Oh well, i will have to watch it on tv ?.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Sell out.

The Janner is an enthusiastic beast when there's a good day out to be had. Nool can mank all he likes about apathy but the region will support a successful team if it feels it has momentum. They can suss lack of ambition a mile off.

As an aside I think we hold the highest away fan attendance (in recorded times) for both Highbury and the Emirates. Anyone who was in the clock end that day will know that the actual attendance far surpassed any normal safety limits.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

I think we hold the record for the most away fans at both Highbury and the Emirates (it's possible that our Emirates tally has since been beaten).

Now you mention it I do seem to remember hearing that at the time & thinking it was quite an achievement for little old Argyle .
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 8:53 am

Usual mayhem and disorder trying to buy tickets I see. Have we got the most cretinous Chief Executive in the Football League or what. He's clueless.
Starnes appeared on the BBC on Spotlight in bloody jeans and sweatshirt my previous nickname for him the man at C&A is perfectly apt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:41 am

The ticket system's a fricking farce
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:46 am

Graiser wrote:
The ticket system's a fricking farce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??   Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweepstake for how many Liverpool tickets sold.....??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next