sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 4:25 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Donny's first goal is coming - they're absolutely battering us

Along with your 0-7 defeat prediction, you were way off the mark Freathy.

Nice to see the side back to winning ways.

Three points is three points and back to the top of League Two.

Donny were far the better team and should have won.

January onward we'll drop like a stone to the play-off places and beyond.  Can't you see this 'team' isn't good enough?

Sorry Freathy,don't often feel obliged to comment negatively on your posts but Doncaster were not the better team.They had more possession certainly but in fact hardly created a clear cut chance throughout the game and that is significantly to Argyle's credit.According to the Indy today,Doncaster are the top scoring team in European professional football at all levels this season- their achievement is at a fairly low level but achievement it is nonetheless.In some games at HP in the distant and recent past i have virtually known that the opposition was going to score but i had none of that feeling yesterday and was totally comfortable from the moment Carey scored-in fact i knew Argyle were going to win,which must be some sort of tribute to the way the team played.

I totally agree that the squad needs strengthening in January-the acid test will be whether that happens and Carey is not sold,which is an essential to Argyle's chances IMHO.It will certainly test the board's mettle as to their real ambitions for the club and past experience tends to invite cynicism as to the likelihood that they will pass it.I do get the feeling though that sometimes the loathing of Brent and other off the field elements attached to the club transfers itself to the players and management.It's got feck all to do with them-you can hardly expect a pro player to turn down a move to Argyle or have a subsequent stigma attached because Brent has done nothing to improve the club infrastructure or because Mr Webb is president.Truth is that Adams and the playing staff have done well over the past two seasons under budgetary conditions which appear to be considerably below the top level in the division and maybe deserve the odd bit of constructive and realistic comment here and there.

Outbreak of common sense from Mr Greenskin - can't last long surely   Laughing

My lad went again yesterday and he seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders (takes after me obviously), his view was very much like John's, Donny had a lot of the ball but never looked threatening and after Carey's goal, there was only ever one winner.

We're not world beaters by any means, but neither are we the worst side in the league, in fact we're one of the best sides in Lge 2, doesn't mean a lot I know, but sometimes I think Adams and the players don't get the credit they deserve.

On the goals show last night on C5, Alan Curbishley (who knows a thing or two about football), said that we could achieve anything given the size of the club and the catchment area - and he's right, we could. We won't with the current joker in charge, but there is always that kernel of hope that one day someone, with the wherewithal to make it happen will own the club and then watch us fly.

The janners won't like it, but it will happen one day. We live in hope.

It'll probably last as long as Hurdwick golf club does. Wink Last chance saloon meeting tomorrow to finally decide whether golf or sheep [ not much difference some would say] will be bestriding the hallowed turf from now on-looks promising but much to talk about before any commitment.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Best of luck with it, hope it works out. Let me know what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 5:06 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
X throbber, made his annual trip to the Brentihad nows he's slagging off the locals who wont go to watch Jimmy's over achievers in mass numbers....bless laugh

Is that fuckeit still going on about that game at Watford he went to that time and Kenny Cooper?
At the mo the Throb, is slagging off the local plebs who wont hand over twenty two pounds of their hard earned to the posh squire for the pleasure of watching our poundshop pro's play another motley collection of poundy's for the sixth season in a row....... its a mystery to me aswell! santa santa

Did he mention a mr a pathetic of Swilly (the only bit of plymouth he's heard of ) , I remember that was his sweeping generalisation of anyone from plymouth that doesn't want to pay £20 to watch shit 4th division football in a crumbling ground in the pissing rain
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:02 pm

It was one of those performances/results that reinforces whatever your pre-conceptions are.

We certainly were lucky that their fella fell over leaving it wide open for Carey but from that slip the rest was magnificent. Another one for Carey's highlights reel.

Our penalty was either nailed on or very fortunate. My first thought was that he wasn't even in the area let alone been obviously fouled but if he was in the area and there was a foul it was nailed on. Jervis's penalty technique was a joy to behold. You don't stop them.

God knows why Luke went off on one. That's very unlike him. It suggests there may have been provocation but if you miss a penalty then that is your fault and if you grab someone by the throat then that is your fault too regardless as to what Luke might have said.

Donny were comfortable on the ball and they did dominate possession but to what end result? Not much. We were characteristically resolute defensively and Sonny Bradley was magnificent in all he did. I'm not sure who got MotM but it ought to have been Bradley despite Carey's brilliance.

It'll be lively when we go up there that's fore shore.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:58 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
X throbber, made his annual trip to the Brentihad nows he's slagging off the locals who wont go to watch Jimmy's over achievers in mass numbers....bless laugh

Read this thread from over the road there on how local an Argyle fan is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It was one of those performances/results that reinforces whatever your pre-conceptions are.

We certainly were lucky that their fella fell over leaving it wide open for Carey but from that slip the rest was magnificent. Another one for Carey's highlights reel.

Our penalty was either nailed on or very fortunate. My first thought was that he wasn't even in the area let alone been obviously fouled but if he was in the area and there was a foul it was nailed on. Jervis's penalty technique was a joy to behold. You don't stop them.

God knows why Luke went off on one. That's very unlike him. It suggests there may have been provocation but if you miss a penalty then that is your fault and if you grab someone by the throat then that is your fault too regardless as to what Luke might have said.

Donny were comfortable on the ball and they did dominate possession but to what end result? Not much. We were characteristically resolute defensively and Sonny Bradley was magnificent in all he did. I'm not sure who got MotM but it ought to have been Bradley despite Carey's brilliance.

It'll be lively when we go up there that's fore shore.

That Northern power-house giant known as Doncaster Rovers [sic] would have been favourites, along Pompey, to go up in 2017. The stark realities of life in League Two will dawn on Donny as the season progresses further. They will want to get out at the first attempt, but this division is too hard to call at the best of times. If they go up, then fair play. If not, then they could perhaps become trapped in League Two for awhile, which would be a real pisser for their supporters who witnessed wealthy backers and an upsurge with on-field showings not that long ago. And then !!!

The same can be said of those other Northern power-house giants, Blackpool, whos fall from grave was staggering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Picture 10 from Bucket Sue, the wife snatcher is back just in time a potential away tie in scouseland

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:28 pm

See the X Throb asking if John Lloyd is 'still on the site' erm no, banned from the farm mate, does that not tell you something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Wish I hadn't done that, I found myself reading lots of threads over there which I've been avoiding for many months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Picture 10 from Bucket Sue, the wife snatcher is back just in time a potential away tie in scouseland

Like a rat around chickens he will always pop up when there is a chance of a tv camera around or to be seen as a real fan by the few who actually give a shit about him anymore.

I wonder if he will give yet another eve of war speech again in his favourite paper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Ah good old smiffy, the Crawleys greatest and most knowledgable Argyle supporter that has probably been to plymouth twice in his life. He turns here occasionally, whereupon the likes of Suffers, Les Mis, Rickler and Greenskin kick his arse and he's off back to the farm complaining about freaks who hate argyle quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Smiffy swiftly backed up in his slagging of the apathetic Jannerati by Adolf Harper and the chauffeur raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:07 pm

PatDunne wrote:
See the X Throb asking if John Lloyd is 'still on the site' erm no, banned from the farm mate, does that not tell you something...
Johns, Brent Nosing was far below the required standard, the Great Leader had to ban him. pig pig jocolor
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Graiser wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Wish I hadn't done that, I found myself reading lots of threads over there which I've been avoiding for many months.

I believe it matters not where your average Argyle fan lives or comes from. The fact that they spend their time and money following the club is of worthy note.

Argyle have always had the exiles and those who don't come from Plymouth originally, to bolster home and away crowds.

I can remember a chap called Lewis Ridge, a member of the London branch of supporters who went to every game virtually. I believe he came from Basingstoke. He had a mate called Dave, who was at many away games also. That is dedication there for a start.

I well recall a memorable train journey back to London from Ipswich, where Argyle had won.

Myself, Lewis Ridge and many others hit the pub on Manningtree railway station (which certainly did some business that evening) and drank heartedly, we got back to London a little drunk.

Admittedly, i have not been to any games this sesaon, the previous two seasons have numbed my mind and i just can't muster the effort to go along.

Argyle fans in this day and age do not attend matches for all kinds of reasons. Apathy has to be one of the reasons for many, followed by the cost of it.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Cost and time. It's one thing going hither and thither when you are young, single and your time and money is your own to squander as you see fit but quite another once you have family and a mortgage to think about.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 10:36 pm

Don't think anybody has mentioned this yet: Slew looked pretty decent as a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 7:38 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Don't think anybody has mentioned this yet: Slew looked pretty decent as a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yesterday.
I thought he ran his socks off.
If the balls to him could have been a little bit better then he would have frightened their defence even more than he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Nice write up from Muesli Munching daily
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Accy Stan away Saturday then the cup replay Tuesday, win both and we will be promoted is my prediction.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Like a rat around chickens he will always pop up when there is a chance of a tv camera around or to be seen as a real fan by the few who actually give a shit about him anymore.

I wonder if he will give yet another eve of war speech again in his favourite paper
Perphaps the prick was there for jimmy to speak up just in case there was any anti brent feeling jimmy ñormally wheels him out when needed..dont get them AAA Passes and the wags hareem for nothing ..cant stand the parasite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4