Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're going to spend,spend,spend..........

Go down 
+5
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
akagreengull
Tgwu
Greenskin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... Empty
PostSubject: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 10:43 am

Well,probably not in all truth;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Save clicking on Brents Herald and giving them Ads cash.

PLYMOUTH Argyle's board of directors will carefully listen to any request for funds from manager Derek Adams to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window.

Chief executive Martyn Starnes told Herald Sport that Adams used his budget 'very wisely' and worked 'collaboratively' with the board on potential new recruits.

Argyle have recently completed the repayment of all monies owed to football creditors from the club's time in administration in 2011.

Then, earlier this week, Oxford United were ordered to pay an initial £200,000, rising to a maximum of £280,000 for former Argyle captain and centre-back Curtis Nelson by an independent tribunal in London.

Unlike in the last five years, the club can keep all 'unbudgeted income' such as the compensation fee for Nelson rather than splitting it 50/50 with football creditors.

So the cash Argyle will receive for Nelson could allow Adams to bolster his squad in January for their League Two promotion push.

Starnes said: "What will happen is that Derek will come to a board meeting – if he chooses to do – with a request for funds to sign a particular player.

"If it's over the existing budget then the board will look at it and make a decision, and either release the funds that he is asking for or not.

"If it's within budget then Derek will be allowed to go and sign that player anyway.

"I would like to think that the board, certainly in my time and with working with Derek, have always been very supportive of the manager.

"In Derek, we have got a manager who really appreciates how difficult it is for a club in our position to make additional funds available.

"He uses the funds very wisely and we work collaboratively on that type of thing so it's not a simple 'yes' or a 'no' answer.

"It's one that we work together on and say 'Is this something we want to do? Derek, we understand you want this player' and we try to make the funds available for him."

Argyle, in Adams' first season at Home Park, missed out on promotion to League One after losing to AFC Wimbledon in the play-off final at Wembley.

One of the criticisms aimed at the club was that they did not strengthen the squad sufficiently in the January transfer window, when the team were in an excellent position in the table.

The only new arrivals were Hibernian defender Jordon Forster and Bury striker Daniel Nardiello, with the latter hardly playing any first team football.

Now, after finally drawing a line under the dark days of administration in 2011, Argyle are in an improving financial position and that has only been boosted by the fee for Nelson.

There is also the potential to make a further significant sum of money if the Pilgrims can win their FA Cup second round tie at home to either Alfreton Town o Newport County and secure a lucrative tie against Premier League opponents.

Starnes said: "We have been improving the position financially now for the last three years. It's not an overnight thing.

"That's due to the hard work of everyone, down from the chairman of the board (James Brent) to all the people at the club.

"It has been a massive effort to get us to where we are and I'm proud of everybody who has put that effort in."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 2:24 pm

He wont get a penny that money will go towards paying the mortgage.

shame though as we will need to strengthen in january no matter what in order to learn lessons from the past 2 seasons when we didn't and stumbled as a result.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Well,probably not in all truth;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pig laugh :Zzzzzzz:
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 5:46 pm

In Basement Brent we trust! jocolor jocolor jocolor Sleep
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 8:53 am

Sounds like spin to prepare us for the sale of Carey. We will go into the second half of the season a weakened side.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 10:55 am

Freathy wrote:
Sounds like spin to prepare us for the sale of Carey.  We will go into the second half of the season a weakened side.

BRENT OUT

Im sadly getting used to the fact Carey is more than likely to be sold in January. If he hasnt agreed a new deal by the end of the window the club will look to sell him for what they can rather than let him leave on a free in the summer which in that respect i can understand. however i dont believe Del Bhey will get funds to replace him and we will struggle.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Sounds like spin to prepare us for the sale of Carey.  We will go into the second half of the season a weakened side.

BRENT OUT

Im sadly getting used to the fact Carey is more than likely to be sold in January. If he hasnt agreed a new deal by the end of the window the club will look to sell him for what they can rather than let him leave on a free in the summer which in that respect i can understand. however i dont believe Del Bhey will get funds to replace him and we will struggle.

Carey is irreplaceable. Depending on what indications he's making, I'd much rather potentially waive a few hundred grand fee and ensure he plays for us from Jan-May and gets us out of this league. Our team without Carey would probably see us struggling to hit the play-off spots if we hadn't had him so far this season. His goals, assists, and general all-round contribution have been priceless.

Take the Nelson money - all of it - and give it to Carey.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT
Carey will be sold for a pittance and replaced by an untried youngster on loan from a championship side, this will be claimed as another Jimmy Masterstroke from the usual Masterstrokers, the team will end up in the playoffs naturally losing but more importently making a tidy profit for Jimmy and the gang.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Mc cormick is just as important
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Jimmy will see us right!
laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Jimmy will see us right!
laugh
Yeah jimmy will look after us..apparently he bleeds green
That boy   laugh
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 7:05 pm

Elias wrote:

Hope I'm not being whooshed here but it seems a fair comment. Carey's a great player on his day but disappeared earlier this year, not sure I would want to buy him. At the end of the day the team as a whole haven't let us down so far this season and perhaps we shouldn't be putting so much faith into one player.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Elias wrote:

Hope I'm not being whooshed here but it seems a fair comment.  Carey's a great player on his day but disappeared earlier this year, not sure I would want to buy him.  At the end of the day the team as a whole haven't let us down so far this season and perhaps we shouldn't be putting so much faith into one player.

Logical and true enough twin, but looking at Argyle's season,'tis telling how many times Carey has made a match winning contribution.Today was a case in point-created the first goal with a simple but killing pass and scored the second,same at Mansfield last week-very few players in any division could have played the pass with the outside of the boot which led to the second goal.Argyle have had only one player of similar quality and type in recent years and that was Hourihane-IMHO Argyle would have been a darned sight nearer to promotion in 2014/15 if he had stayed rather than being sold off in a similar scenario to that developing with Carey.Don't disagree about McCormick and the rest of the squad-it is a team effort but i think you do need a match winner or two and i would doubt very much if Carey would be replaced adequately either short or long term unless Adams is some sort of genius.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Can't deny he has been the difference in more than a few games so far and really hope we don't sell him. That said I'll credit Del with enough nous to replace him so long as he is allowed to should Brent do the unthinkable and sell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT

Carey is irreplaceable. Depending on what indications he's making, I'd much rather potentially waive a few hundred grand fee and ensure he plays for us from Jan-May and gets us out of this league. Our team without Carey would probably see us struggling to hit the play-off spots if we hadn't had him so far this season. His goals, assists, and general all-round contribution have been priceless.

Take the Nelson money - all of it - and give it to Carey.

i get your point he is needed and irreplaceable and i too would rather he stayed rather than get sold if he isnt looing at signing a new deal here but brent lies cash and wont want to lose this chance to afford to move his drinks cabinet 6 inches loser to his boardroom seat that selling carey could afford him.

£200,000 from Nelson will pay towards filling it.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Elias wrote:

Hope I'm not being whooshed here but it seems a fair comment.  Carey's a great player on his day but disappeared earlier this year, not sure I would want to buy him.  At the end of the day the team as a whole haven't let us down so far this season and perhaps we shouldn't be putting so much faith into one player.

Logical and true enough twin, but looking at Argyle's season,'tis telling how many times Carey has made a match winning contribution.Today was a case in point-created the first goal with a simple but killing pass and scored the second,same at Mansfield last week-very few players in any division could have played the pass with the outside of the boot which led to the second goal.Argyle have had only one player of similar quality and type in recent years and that was Hourihane-IMHO Argyle would have been a darned sight nearer to promotion in 2014/15 if he had stayed rather than being sold off in a similar scenario to that developing with Carey.Don't disagree about McCormick and the rest of the squad-it is a team effort but i think you do need a match winner or two and i would doubt very much if Carey would be replaced adequately either short or long term unless Adams is some sort of genius.

We thought we'd be fecked without Reid last season but Brunt stepped up until his unfortunate injury. What's to say the improving Tanner couldn't step into the 'free role' which Carey gets to enjoy? We've a few players we haven't seen the best of yet. Obviously I'd prefer to keep Carey but it is Argyle, meh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're going to spend,spend,spend..........   We're going to spend,spend,spend.......... Empty

Back to top Go down

We're going to spend,spend,spend..........
Page 1 of 1