Les Miserable
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
There used to be a Council street sweeper truck that came around and sprayed the kerbside weeds. Cutbacks mean they don’t come any more.

FFS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Was it like this one?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
There used to be a Council street sweeper truck that came around and sprayed the kerbside weeds. Cutbacks mean they don’t come any more.

FFS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Funnily enough I spoke to the guys who spray the weeds in the week and helped them repair there quad bike. They are not council employees but contractors. I did ask why the weeds are so bad coz my customers have been asking and the response was we use to come down four times a year but PCC have now cut us back to only two visits and the reduction in visits per year has set the city back 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 5:56 pm

In the sticks every parish used to employ a lengths man to clear and maintain all the drains and ditches, there are now two men who cover an area from Ivybridge to Lewdown and over to Tavvy. As a result there are no drains, all so overgrown they are hard to find now. We have to clear them ourselves to stop flooding near home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Private wealth, public squalor, you know it makes sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 pm

14 degrees. The perfect temperature for storing and spreading butter.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Went to scrap yard yesterday, it is as hard to hand over some scrap as coming in to the country
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 am

Strange light this morning, what with the end of the world coming and that.

In other news, the cat came in last night minus his collar and with a slight limp. Apart from two short trips to his bowl (nothing will stop him eating) he's been snuggling in his stupidly expensive igloo house ever since, so I haven't been able to take a look. Hoping I won't have to take him to the vet, as he hates going in the car.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:37 am

Peggy wrote:
Strange light this morning, what with the end of the world coming and that.

In other news, the cat came in last night minus his collar and with a slight limp. Apart from two short trips to his bowl (nothing will stop him eating) he's been snuggling in his stupidly expensive igloo house ever since, so I haven't been able to take a look. Hoping I won't have to take him to the vet, as he hates going in the car.

I'm glad you mentioned that. Looking outside is almost like looking through a lense with an every so slightly yellowy colour filter, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 am

Yes - the kitchen walls are yellow and it's almost as if the colour's crept outside. A bit like the light just before it snows, only it's too warm.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 am

Bumped my head on the garage door
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

Cat's been up, eaten some more and walked/limped around a bit. Won't go outside (not unusual in the daytime) and still won't let me see his paw/leg. Limp's not as pronounced as last night, though, and he's been upstairs and back and done a bit of jumping, so can't be a broken leg. Hopefully he'll go to sleep on the bed or something soon, so I can sneak a proper look.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 1:17 pm

It’s not just us. Listening to Absolute Radio and people are talking about a Wierd Yellow Sky, in London.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Yellow sky caused by red sun appaza,
An "unusual" reddish sky and red-looking sun have been reported across parts of England.

The phenomenon has been seen in the South West, West Midlands, North West and North East.

BBC weather presenter Simon King said it was due to the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia dragging in tropical air and dust from the Sahara.

He added that debris from forest fires in Portugal and Spain was also playing a part.

The dust has caused light to be refracted and reflected in longer wavelengths, making it appear red.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
An "unusual" reddish sky and red-looking sun have been reported across parts of England.

The phenomenon has been seen in the South West, West Midlands, North West and North East.

BBC weather presenter Simon King said it was due to the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia dragging in tropical air and dust from the Sahara.

He added that debris from forest fires in Portugal and Spain was also playing a part.

The dust has caused light to be refracted and reflected in longer wavelengths, making it appear red.

And it covered my car, Who do I charge for the car wash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Do people still wash cars ? I thought it was a seventies thing.
I remember some wag telling off Tony Benn for driving around in a rust bucket. "It's all right for you Tony, but us normal folk can't afford for our cars to rust".
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

And it covered my car, Who do I charge for the car wash.

Just checked mine. Filthy. Dirty rain.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Time is 1528, nearly dark with a strange hue in the sky, slight wind but no rain here in NW Kent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Muvver had to look after the dog this afnoon.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 5:22 pm

An (empty) garden waste bag blew about four feet down the garden earlier. Terrifying.

Not convinced there's anything much wrong with the cat, but he still won't let me look at his paw properly. Googled 'how to hypnotise a cat' earlier.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Washed, polished and waxed one car yesterday - now covered in sand. Other car is in garage.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm

My van is FOOKIN filthy had to run into plymouth this arvo ran out of screen wash and the red dust is kind of greasy, couldn't see anything luckily I had some orange squash (diluted) so used that, not as good as regular screen wash but did the trick.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Top tip, that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 pm

all mad here, so Mums looking after the dog again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Ref the colour of the sky up here.

It reminded me of the total eclipse a few years slasher, sorry back! drunken

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next