Chemical Ali
Flat_Track_Bully
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 5:39 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Just to say Shitty had an excellent result at Sid James Park last night beating Brentford one nil.
Probably worth punting a couple of quid on Shiitty doing the double over us again.

It's all coming together nicely  Razz , still Dereks got four years to sort it.

I have that in mind also. I have a feeling that he has been told that promotion is not too important this season, but to build his side and have a crack next season or the one after that.

Perhaps the club are targeting another Wembley appearance via the POs though, just for the monies that it could generate. How much did Argyle make from the Wembley visit out of interest.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Targeting the play-offs? LOL. If the squad we had last year was worthy of 7th place, then this years bunch of misfits and rejects will be lucky to finish 17th.

I know it's early doors but the fact Del has a big fat contract will mean no matter how shit we are, he won't be sacked. Look how long Clueless Carl hung on for with Brent desperate to not have to pay compo.

Gonna be a long season.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:52 pm

If you look at our form since the 1st January then it's pretty ordinary. Certainly not enough for Adams to be awarded a new 4 year deal.

It reads P27 W10 D6 L11.

We are in a downward spiral with a poorer squad this season. I won't be going anytime soon.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Me neither. Since the back end of last year the football has been shit and the continued off field situation shitter. I can just about stomach shit football but until there are changes in the off field direction of the club I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 11:40 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Me neither. Since the back end of last year the football has been shit and the continued off field situation shitter. I can just about stomach shit football but until there are changes in the off field direction of the club I'm out.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Exactly, if the club had the Crewe philosophy (or Exeter for that matter) developing youngsters and a top academy it would be easier to accept under investment on the pitch.
The club can't even be arsed to do that though, the club is just a husk, with no pride or desire to improve, change or evolve. The club doesn't have a vision for itself or have any goals beyond just to exist.

It's depressing to see clubs such as Reading, Swansea, Hull, Bournemouth, Wigan, Brighton etc which were smaller or similar size clubs to PAFC 10-20 years ago now now much bigger clubs which modern 25k plus stadiums in most cases, many were planned and built while in the lower reaches of the 4th division.

Plymouth Argyle might be able to muster a supporters bar, and if it does, it'll be a portakabin half the size of the original Far Post Club. A club with this half arsed mentality deserves to fail.

Perfect club for a non-football business man like James Brent, he can milk the Aviva's til he gets his grubby hands of the stadium ownership.
It's remarkably similar to Stapletons strategy, though JB is clearly too shrewd to screw it up this time.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:28 am

Rooted to the bottom of the football league. Cheap crap non-league standard 'players'. Decaying, falling down stadium with no facilities. If Argo fans don't mobilise to drive brent from the club now then they never will and they have the club they fully deserve. No other fans would put up with this shit.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:28 am

If only, the fans started protesting and DEMANDING that the board PLAN for promotion.
But more importantly REALLY challenge the board about how the club can be taken FORWARD.
Unfortunately some of the conversations I hear or engage with on match days indicate a majority of the faithful, believe in the "same old argyle"  crap.
Totally agree, if the fanbase apathy continues, then the club will fester, and clubs like BURTON will soar above us.
Time is running out, clearly only a different owner with ambition can make a positive difference.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:56 am

Reasonable attendance figures suggest that the silent majority are not to unhappy at present.......the minority who complain are what all clubs have to put up with to a certain degree.

Demanding and challenging the board to do this and that will just meet with a stifled yawn.......being rooted to the bottom of the Football League is hardly a term that can be applied after only 90 minutes of league football.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:04 am

Happy to still have a club to support and setting a record for its longest time in the bottom division, that will do for the majority of the fans. .
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:08 am

You tell 'em zyph.....miserable bastards.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:18 am

VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Just to say Shitty had an excellent result at Sid James Park last night beating Brentford one nil.
Probably worth punting a couple of quid on Shiitty doing the double over us again.

I have that in mind also. I have a feeling that he has been told that promotion is not too important this season, but to build his side and have a crack next season or the one after that.

Perhaps the club are targeting another Wembley appearance via the POs though, just for the monies that it could generate. How much did Argyle make from the Wembley visit out of interest.

Not sure on how much Wembley generated alone, but Argyle are estimated to have made £200k-£250k from the 3 play off games (Playoffs we got 12.5% of the gate income from the 4 games, Final we got 25% of the gate income)
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 am

zyph wrote:
Reasonable attendance figures suggest that the silent majority are not to unhappy at present.......the minority who complain are what all clubs have to put up with to a certain degree.

Demanding and challenging the board to do this and that will just meet with a stifled yawn.......being rooted to the bottom of the Football League is hardly a term that can be applied after only 90 minutes of league football.

Dear old Zyph, so symptomatic of the passivity shown by Argyle fans over the decades in putting up with the substandard crap served up by the club.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:37 am

PatDunne wrote:
Happy to still have a club to support and setting a record for its longest time in the bottom division, that will do for the majority of the fans. .

Not really happy about being in the basement division for 6 years.....but administration did relegate us one year with a 10pt deduction........and the rest is history.....disappointing that at least one key players left even though offered more money than where he went to.

14 new players will take awhile to gel......I don't think playing pub teams and scoring bags of goals proves anything.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:45 am

Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:

Dear old Zyph, so symptomatic of the passivity shown by Argyle fans over the decades in putting up with the substandard crap served up by the club.

Not a case of putting up with it......but moaning year after year with the same old comments achieves nothing and gets nothing changed either.....stuck needle on gramophone comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 11:20 am

Home Park is a blot on the landscape. The First team have 14 new players probably on one year deals. No reserve team to speak of. The youth policy is non existent.

We have a compliant press, a poor Trust, a board full of yes men and it seems a re run of the Stapleton era.

What's there to like.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 12:01 pm

zyph wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Not really happy about being in the basement division for 6 years.....but administration did relegate us one year with a 10pt deduction........and the rest is history.....disappointing that at least one key players left even though offered more money than where he went to.

14 new players will take awhile to gel......I don't think playing pub teams and scoring bags of goals proves anything.

This is a great example of stereotyped Aviva thinking.

Wake the f uck up and analyse who's left, and what standard of misfit has replaced them.

It seems to be taken for granted by the insanely fucktardious that as long as you give 14 players  time, they'll come good.

It doesn't matter how long u give them. If they are largely shite, no amount of 'gel-time' will matter.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
zyph wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Wake the f uck up and analyse who's left, and what standard of misfit has replaced them.

It seems to be taken for granted by the insanely fucktardious that as long as you give 14 players  time, they'll come good.

It doesn't matter how long u give them. If they are largely shite, no amount of 'gel-time' will matter.
Here! Here!! Well said czarcasm Thumbs
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Not sure on how much Wembley generated alone, but Argyle are estimated to have made £200k-£250k from the 3 play off games (Playoffs we got 12.5% of the gate income from the 4 games, Final we got 25% of the gate income)

Does not seem too much.

The point I am making about the Play-Offs is that the club could use that route to get "easy money". Do that for a few seasons and the financial figure adds up over time.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Does not seem too much.

The point I am making about the Play-Offs is that the club could use that route to get "easy money".  Do that for a few seasons and the financial figure adds up over time.

Are you feeling ok Village raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 3:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
zyph wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Say it as it is Czarcasm, I actually agree with Freathy, the fans deserve the kinda of club they wish for , so if its more of the ticking over , keep it cheap, footballing austerity, ala Brent style, then do NOT expect success any time soon.
Enjoy the ride as they say.
Good Post Thumbs cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:06 am

zyph wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Brentophiles still blaming administration? Ancient history now.

BRENT OUT NOW

Back to top Go down
Partridge_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 2:25 pm

I remember Bournemouth being in administration and bottom of Division 4 just 7 years ago.

Look how far we've come.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Does not seem too much.

The point I am making about the Play-Offs is that the club could use that route to get "easy money".  Do that for a few seasons and the financial figure adds up over time.

Are you feeling ok Village raised eyebrow

It was a theory I pondered briefly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3