Chemical Ali
Flat_Track_Bully
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Coach Budgie praising the brilliant green army at Reading, when you've got the best fans in the universe the football is irrelevant clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Why isnt he giving Purrington and Rooney a fair chance?
There's nothing to lose, they both should have started
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I might of mentioned this before, but when you sign misfits and rejects on a massive scale how do you get promoted this way ? Adams is starting to look more and more clueless.

'Tis true. I've gotta say the type of players Adams has brought in don't in any way at all compare to the ones we've lost.

By all accounts the playing budget is bigger than last year.

So how the f uck have we ended up with a squad that is largely dross?

Personally i don't believe all accounts,depends who's offering them.I would bet my last Titleist Pro V1 that not a single player signed by Adams would have been a first,second or even third choice.It would suit some agendas to start spreading the word that the budget is bigger this year although to be far Argyle's record in the league cup is so diabolical that it doesn't seem to matter who is on the books. 'Tis all very Fletcher/Reidesque and very surprised that some on here are apparently turning against Adams and not really seeing the wood for the trees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Coach Budgie praising the brilliant green army at Reading, when you've got the best fans in the universe the football is irrelevant clown

how did that utter cvnt get a job with Argyle? its like being an internet troll is a qualification for Brent to hire you.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:48 pm

I must have missed that. What job?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

he is employed by the argyle in the community to coach
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I might of mentioned this before, but when you sign misfits and rejects on a massive scale how do you get promoted this way ? Adams is starting to look more and more clueless.

'Tis true. I've gotta say the type of players Adams has brought in don't in any way at all compare to the ones we've lost.

Personally i don't believe all accounts,depends who's offering them.I would bet my last Titleist Pro V1 that not a single player signed by Adams would have been a first,second or even third choice.It would suit some agendas to start spreading the word that the budget is bigger this year although to be far Argyle's record in the league cup is so diabolical that it doesn't seem to matter who is on the books. 'Tis all very Fletcher/Reidesque and very surprised that some on here are apparently turning against Adams and not really seeing the wood for the trees.
Argyle will never be succesful under Brent thats true, and no decent player is going to join this non ambitious setup, but even allowing for that i think Argyle could be in a relegation battle for which Adams must take his share of the blame. ( along with the fans jocolor )
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 10:12 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Argyle will never be succesful under Brent thats true, and no decent player is going to join this non ambitious setup, but even allowing for that i think Argyle could be in a relegation battle for which Adams must take his share of the blame. ( along with the fans jocolor )

Or you could even look at it another way. The squad is unquestionably significantly weaker than last season. For there to be a 'par' situation, then the budget would have had to have been slashed equally significantly.

I doubt the budget has been slashed to the degree that our squad now reflects it. For that reason, in my opinion, Adams isn't entitled to an ATD free ride.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Just read John Lloyd's comments on the Argyle facebook page. Quite disconcerting for a reasonably minded poster like John to be so detrimental even at this stage of the season.

Early days I know but the signs are not good.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 11:42 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Just read John Lloyd's comments on the Argyle facebook page. Quite disconcerting for a reasonably minded poster like John to be so detrimental even at this stage of the season.

Early days I know but the signs are not good.

Wow. Not a happy man!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 1:51 am

I assume we lost
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 4:33 am

Even Luggy continues to bang the 'give it time' drum on f/b. He's been encouraging everyone to 'get on the rollercoaster' for some time. Anyone would think he's earnt a good living out of blind faith football fans and maybe still has to curry favour at HP, just like pisspotty and the 'erald.

Whether he had a clause in his contract or not, the contract given to Carey before the play off final, will have undoubtedly pissed off other 'spine' players. You cannot completely rebuild in the pound shop and expect to receive quality for your piteous outlay.

Photo  63 on GOS.......................... 'We haven't got a clue how to deal with this'.

Historically, we were a better supported club than Reading. They got Madejski, we got .................................
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 7:43 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I assume we lost

I had no idea this was last night and I haven't seen the score. But it's safe to assume by far the worst team in the football league has lost again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 8:58 am

Freathy wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
I assume we lost

I had no idea this was last night and I haven't seen the score.  But it's safe to assume by far the worst team in the football league has lost again.

Weem bleddy ace at Avivafests and bucket rattles though bhey !
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:11 am

Just to say Shitty had an excellent result at Sid James Park last night beating Brentford one nil.
Probably worth punting a couple of quid on Shiitty doing the double over us again.

It's all coming together nicely  Razz , still Dereks got four years to sort it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:26 am

Down on the farm, they sound worried ar our current form, PAFC JAMES 86 quite rightly pointing out, that all our league 2 competitors either played well or had good results against higher league opposition last night.
Except us.
Still it will take a longer run of losses for the sheep to negativise the reluctant one.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:51 am

akagreengull wrote:
Down on the farm, they sound worried ar our current form, PAFC JAMES 86 quite rightly pointing out, that all our league 2 competitors either played well or had good results against higher league opposition last night.
Except us.
Still it will take a longer run of losses for the sheep to negativise the reluctant one.

That will not be tolerated unless the reluctant one tosses the fat controller and jamboy chums out of the directors' box. And that won't happen as they have too much on eachother.

If only his mate hadn't gone bust and the boxed in ministand had been cobbled together........... Reckon ownership/debt change would have been on the cards, with the reluctant one getting the rental money. Still could when he owns the stadium. Nice little , regular earner, particularly when freehold has been paid for by fans, other smaller shareholders, the poor sheep in the tents and at the expense of the playing budget.

Far fetched ?......................I don't think so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 10:09 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

Me too, I actually googled him and learnt from his Twitter account he is also a coach at marjons and a scout for two conference south teams. I'm amazed he finds the time to post an unending stream of contradictory bollocks on the Internet.

It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to get a job at argyle, all you to to is arselick and smooze

Has he decided who he votes for yet, as last I heard he was veering from side to side like Italy in the war.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 11:12 am

Tringreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Except us.

That will not be tolerated unless the reluctant one tosses the fat controller and jamboy chums out of the directors' box. And that won't happen as they have too much on eachother.

If only his mate hadn't gone bust and the boxed in ministand had been cobbled together........... Reckon ownership/debt change would have been on the cards, with the reluctant one getting the rental money. Still could when he owns the stadium. Nice little , regular earner, particularly when freehold has been paid for by fans, other smaller shareholders, the poor sheep in the tents and at the expense of the playing budget.

Far fetched ?......................I don't think so.

Not so far fetched Tring, Brent is playing his usual cautious media game, the Erald will continue to print a stream of suggestive articles from the reluctant bidder as to why the club should buy the freehold.
I'm afraid I have resigned myself to the idea that Brent will be here for the longer term, especially when the club just ticks over and eight thousand thankful for being saved, by dear James continue to trickle through the turnstiles.
Am just waiting for the call to arms for the taveners to give the Mayflower a paint job, given the plan for a replacement is not yet decided, as dear James espoused in the Erald last week.
Am just waiting for the backlash to build against Adams if poor results continue, rather than looking at the bigger picture, but then a dim blinkered Janner is a formidable opponent, when talking of positive change and ambition.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 11:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Me too, I actually googled him and learnt from his Twitter account he is also a coach at marjons and a scout for two conference south teams. I'm amazed he finds the time to post an unending stream of contradictory bollocks on the Internet.

It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to get a job at argyle, all you to to is arselick and smooze

Has he decided who he votes for yet, as last I heard he was veering from side to side like Italy in the war.
I help run a site aimed at those job hunting and the ''scouts'' jobs were spotted some weeks back. I did some digging and basically you watch games (I think they pay minor expenses) and should a player get picked up you get a fairly small % of any fee etc. The fact that just about anyone who knows a football is round can sign up.
I wonder who scouted our 14 new boys?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am

Our very own snooper :-)
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 12:49 pm

tigertony wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

I help run a site aimed at those job hunting and the ''scouts'' jobs were spotted some weeks back. I did some digging and basically you watch games (I think they pay minor expenses) and should a player get picked up you get a fairly small % of any fee etc. The fact that just about anyone who knows a football is round can sign up.
I wonder who scouted our 14 new boys?

That we'll known scout - Mickey mouse
albino
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 1:28 pm

Angry wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

he is employed by the argyle in the community to coach
oh well looks like the kids in the community with a bit of football talent are well F#@ked then lol! plays a bit fifa on his playstation and suddenly becomes a pep or arsene or even a jose overnight.. lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 5:29 pm

I was expecting a bigger defeat, but a defeat is a defeat.

Two games in and 5 conceded in league and cup, not a good return for Adams.

Even though the players have been here since the start of pre-season, how long will it take for the team to help,, to become a coherent and effective unit on the pitch.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 5:33 pm

I see Luton beat Villa 3-1 last night. Did Villa put out a shit side, or did they play their reserves/kids?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)   Argyle vs Reading (League Cup) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Reading (League Cup)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next