7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 2:59 pm

THE wait is nearly over.

Argyle v West Bromwich Albion.

We Begin Again.

Eleven weeks exactly since that balmy May evening when Peter Hartley sent Plymouth into ecstasy and Argyle to Wembley, football returns to Home Park this Saturday, July 30.

The wait is nearly over to collect your 2016-17 Membership pack from the Argyle Ticket Office.

The pack includes your fixture card for the new Sky Bet League Two season, a letter of welcome from manager Derek Adams and, of course, your all-important Membership card, which admits you to all 23 league games in the forthcoming campaign.

The Ticket Office will be open from 10am on Saturday, seven and a half hours ahead of the 5.30pm kick-off for our final pre-season friendly match against the Barclay’s Premier League Baggies.

The wait is nearly over to wear your 2016-17 colours with pride. This season’s green home, white away and white home goalkeeper kits will be ready to collect and on sale from the Home Park Superstore, available in all sizes, from mini-kits to XXL.

Just like the Ticket Office, the Superstore will be open for what is anticipated to be brisk business from 10am.

The wait is nearly over to pick up your brand new Plymouth Argyle Handbook.

Handbooks used to be one of the great Argyle traditions, a summary of the season gone by and a look ahead to the one about to begin. We have revived that tradition and the handbook will be available to buy on Saturday. It contains a thorough match-by-match review of 2015-16, including an in-depth look at the Wembley play-off final, together with exclusive columns by Derek Adams, James Brent and Martyn Starnes, lots of behind-the-scenes features, bundles of stats, and a host of memories – all for just £10.

The wait is nearly over to see quality Premier League opposition at Home Park, and to greet two former Home Park greats.

Baggies’ manager Tony Pulis became Argyle manager in September 2005. He took over with the Championship Pilgrims in 20th place, two points off bottom spot; by the end of the campaign, they were solidly mid-table following 11 wins and 15 draws from his 37 games in charge.

His win percentage was remarkably similar to that of  his assistant, then and now, David Kemp, when he was in charge at the same level 16 years earlier.  Before that, Kempy had been a prolific and adored Argyle striker, scoring 45 goals in 95 games between 1979-81 and being named Player of the Season in the second of his two years at the club.

The wait is nearly over to welcome back home Derek Adams and his Pilgrims after an impressive, unbeaten, goal-laden pre-season campaign. Derek has assembled a new-look first-team squad which contains 13 new signings, including internationals David Goodwillie and Nauris Bulvitis. Striker David has already hit double-figures in pre-season including one in Argyle’s most recent victory, a splendid 2-1 win over Dutch second-tier side MVV Maastricht, while fellow new boy Jimmy Spencer and last year’s leading scorer Jake Jervis have also been among the goals.

We Begin Again.

Author: Rick Cowdery
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:41 pm

James Brent and Martyn Starnes columns, RAVE ON parteeeeee parteeeeee 'avin it LAAAARGE
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:18 pm

I love it starts and ends with "We begin again". Sounds epic.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Sounds tragic. Another season in div4 cant wait. Jeez
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:43 pm

It would be soooooo easy to write a pastiche of that...

"We begin again.

Another season, our fifth consecutive, in the 4th division.

We begin again.

Another season with the grandstand problem no nearer to solution.

We begin again with a squad largely unproven at this level."

etc

And that last point might turn out to be a good thing.

I'm no great fan of the rip-it-and-start-again approach. For me it reeks of desparation but if, at last, it is a sign that the club is desparate to get out of this God-forsaken division then it may be the best approach.

On the plus side the squad that took us to play-off failure 2 years running is no more. They won't be failing a third time and the handful of players we have retained aren't even half of the new squad so the stench of yet another under-achievement has not been allowed to linger. It is as close to a fresh start with us having left the horrors of Wembley behind that we could ever expect to get and the only ones gracing Home Park by their presence next season haunted by that awful, supine performance will be us fans.

And it is only right and proper to start the season with optimism dominating the outlook so let us hope we do "begin again" and cast the dismal drudgery and disappointment of the 5 years, or 8 if you go back to when the rot set it, behind us once and for all.

Because we've endured 8 years of complete crap and that is just is not good enough.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:46 pm

A recurring nightmare... tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Coming soon, " How i kept Argyle in the fourth Division for Ten Years"   Jimmy Brents epic tale, tells how he kept Argyle crap for a decade, it wasn't easy claims Jim, but with the help of my Top Toadies i beat the odds and did what no previous owner could manage! geek geek geek
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Someone told me recently that only Accrington and Morecambe have been in Div 4 longer than us.

No idea if that is true or not.

If it is then the positive spin is that we've not been relegated for 5 years now which a considerable improvement on the tears that preceded them.

In that time the mighty powerhouses of Northampton, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon, Burton, Shrewsbury, Bury, Southend, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Fleetwood, Rochdale, Gillingham, Rotherham, Port Vale, Bradford, Swindon, Shrewsbury, Southend (last 2 both again) and Crawley have all managed to find a way to go up.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Someone told me recently that only Accrington and Morecambe have been in Div 4 longer than us.

No idea if that is true or not.

If it is then the positive spin is that we've not been relegated for 5 years now which a considerable improvement on the tears that preceded them.

In that time the mighty powerhouses of Northampton, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon, Burton, Shrewsbury, Bury, Southend, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Fleetwood, Rochdale, Gillingham, Rotherham, Port Vale, Bradford, Swindon, Shrewsbury, Southend (last 2 both again) and Crawley have all managed to find a way to go up.
I think some sort of Civic Reception is called for when we surely become the fourth divisions longest servers.
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 6:10 pm

I Saw trings favourite people up at the ground this afternoon picking up litter and weeding the bricks.

new beginnings but same old same old
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Year on year progress. We'll go up this year, Throbber said so!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Angry wrote:
I Saw trings favourite people up at the ground this afternoon picking up litter and weeding the bricks.

When I was there this morning. Out side the Devonport end turnstiles by  the bricks was full of sand.

There were man putting flowers in the flower beds behind the main stand
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 10:11 pm

We 'begin again ' another season of Brent under investment and lack of ambition.
Can't wait!   What a Face
KEEP IT CHEAP KEEP IT TICKING OVER.
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:

When I was there this morning. Out side the Devonport end turnstiles by  the bricks was full of sand.

There were man putting flowers in the flower beds behind the main stand

i was there in the afternoon and not to mention any names but if i said bucket rattler we all know who i mean was out there clean and weeding the bricks
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 8:24 am

Did you see anyone cleaning and polishing the buckets in readiness for the new season?
cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 9:01 am

Anyone from here are planning to  be at Home Park at ten to pick up their season tickets or shirts?

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 9:03 am

I doubt it.
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 9:44 am

Tgwu wrote:
Anyone from here are planning to  be at Home Park at ten to pick up their season tickets or shirts?
Well as the DRF have not renewed our season tickets this season, no.
Our away shirts were delivered in the post.
No idea yet on our first visit to Home Park.
Very Meh about the forthcoming season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 9:50 am

Is it because the Devonport end is closed today and you would have to slum it with us in the lyndhurst stand? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:15 am

Tgwu wrote:
Is it because the Devonport end is closed today  and you would have to slum it with us in the lyndhurst stand? Very Happy  
Used to have a season ticket at the back of block 9, then moved to the front of block 8.
West Brom not a prestige friendly for me really. I know they are premier league, but can remember us winning regularly at the Hawthorns!
Despite enjoying the pre season friendlies at St Blazey, Truro and Torquay, last seasons decision by me and my lad of doing something different this season is still sticking. If we'd won at Wembley the lure of Div 1 football, and different teams, maybe could have made us change our minds. as it is, the 4th division fare on offer again is something we can afford to miss, and dip in every now and again.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 am

I can tell you what they can do with that handbook for a tenner for the fine gentleman he can stick it rite up his arse if theres enough room with all them tongues that are already up there
Back to top Go down

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 11:13 am

RegGreen wrote:
I can tell you what they can do with that handbook for a tenner for the fine gentleman he can stick it rite up his arse if theres enough room with all them tongues that are already up there
It was such an exciting season that i'll want to relive again and again. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 2:02 pm

BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
It was such an exciting season that i'll want to relive again and again. sarcasm
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Just had one of mrs Reg's ploughmans for lunch now for a little sieasta before i go and give this motley crew of jimmys cheap deals the once over for the first time this pre season and put names to faces..and see what to expect for the coming season
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 3:31 pm

Grandson arrived ready to be taken to the game, Pick up a pasty for him on the way to the game, a long time untill he home for his dinner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We Begin Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Begin Again   We Begin Again Empty

Back to top Go down

We Begin Again
Page 1 of 1