Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Hey Franzi one of your lot has surfaced! Where's Ozzy? He's making a speech tomorrow morning to try and avert the share sell offs starting afresh after he panicked all the markets with his doom laden warnings. Feck me but this is hilarious.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It has to be said that the referendum has seen some ungodly alliances made.

And if Cameron/Osborne were only half as incompetent as I have suggesting for a very long time the referendum would not have been lost.

In fact it was only ever called at all so that Cameron could hang on to his job because had he not called it the rabid right of his party would have had his guts for garters.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:08 am

Sterling's slump continues

Quote :
The pound has fallen in early trading in Asia on Monday, adding to Friday's record one-day decline.

Sterling was trading at $1.3440, down more than 2% from Friday's close. Against the euro it was trading at €1.2165, down 1.3%.

On Friday the pound had its biggest one-day fall against the dollar
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:46 am

As was pointed out to you earlier it is what it finishes at that matters.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:12 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sterling's slump continues

Quote :
The pound has fallen in early trading in Asia on Monday, adding to Friday's record one-day decline.

Sterling was trading at $1.3440, down more than 2% from Friday's close. Against the euro it was trading at €1.2165, down 1.3%.

On Friday the pound had its biggest one-day fall against the dollar

I took out euro's last year for this year when I was in Spain on holidays at 1.40 to the pound Should have enough for the next two years. I also have a few dollar's from a few year's ago which I will give to my grandchildren whose parents had won a trip to Disney world.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 4:57 am

A case for leaving:

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 6:48 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
The actual likelihood of us leaving the EU are diminishing. There are a number of options available to us none of which are remotely as good a deal as the one we currently have

Nail on the head.....have watched all Political discussions over the weekend and although I voted out its simply not going to happen now next week, next month or next year

Expect to see a General Election prior to December
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 8:45 am

Yes, it looks almost certain there will be a general election this year. I cannot see any way the Tory party can elect a new leader while in power, at such a time, who could command a majority in their Westminster parliament.
Push me pull you Boris is obviously positioning himself as a supporter of Europe, and hence a majority of Tory MPs. But who knows down at constituency level, just as was shown with Jezza's anointment.
For anyone who is interested in political science, this is  a once in a lifetime World Cup. For us peasants, the sun is still shining today, and I think I may hit the coast path before the dark clouds and rain arrive tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:09 am

Boris looks like he's offering the out but still in route for Europe which is why I've never trusted him.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:19 am

We can agree 100% on that.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Boris looks like he's offering the out but still in route for Europe which is why I've never trusted him.

His quotes from the last couple of days are interesting. I'll post my conspiracy theory later as I have to go now..... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

His quotes from the last couple of days are interesting. I'll post my conspiracy theory later as I have to go now..... Very Happy Very Happy

Damn,i was so looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Actually winning the damn thing was the worst result possible for Bojo. He was planning for a 2019 succession now He'll have to handle the divorce himself. Cripes!

As a Eurosceptic PM that isn't really Eurosceptic, he'll have that wing of the party who also don't trust him, ready to feed him to the dogs if he doesn't deliver and a clearly pissed off EU in no mood to help save his skin.

No wonder he looked so glum the other day
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Here, according to The Sun, is what will happen to wages, savings, pensions, holidays, benefits and taxes.

"Pound-emonium" indeed.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Actually winning the damn thing was the worst result possible for Bojo. He was planning for a 2019 succession now He'll have to handle the divorce himself. Cripes!

As a Eurosceptic PM that isn't really Eurosceptic, he'll have that wing of the party who also don't trust him, ready to feed him to the dogs if he doesn't deliver and a clearly pissed off EU in no mood to help save his skin.

Don't think that's true. Johnson, in as far as any public utterances can be believed from any politician, has always been Eurosceptic-maybe not urging total withdrawal as a frontline policy but certainly critical of the EU and wanting reform of it. No doubt his own political aspirations were a strong motive in taking the lead in the leave campaign but I don't believe that the Eurosceptic tag sits uneasily on him.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here, according to The Sun, is what will happen to wages, savings, pensions, holidays, benefits and taxes.

"Pound-emonium" indeed.

Blimey, you're going a bit down market aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

"Pound-emonium" indeed.

Blimey, you're going a bit down market aren't you?

Diversity, innit.

Makes me wonder why The Sun waited until after the referendum to publish this though.

I also note that Kelvin Mackenzie is regretting his pre-vote support for Leave but linking to him is a step too far.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:42 pm

I will not be clicking on that link, FFS!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:08 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Don't think that's true. Johnson, in as far as any public utterances can be believed from any politician, has always been Eurosceptic-maybe not urging total withdrawal as a frontline policy but certainly critical of the EU and wanting reform of it. No doubt his own political aspirations were a strong motive in taking the lead in the leave campaign but I don't believe that the Eurosceptic tag sits uneasily on him.

And there you have it. IMO Johnson has always been an EU supporter more than a leaver.

I don't think that Boris has any intention at the moment of taking us out of the EU (I think that the only person that would do it without hesitation is Farage). What I think will happen is that "unofficial" talks will begin soon about some EU reforms which the UK would want if it is to stay an EU member.

These will be discussed and put "unofficially" to other member states. Johnson will then either call a general election and use this as a manifesto (what would labour do then?) or state the case for remaining based on these agreements.

All hail Boris the saviour!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:10 pm

feck me clutching at straws or what!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:15 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
feck me clutching at straws or what!

At the moment MOG, I don't think that any of the top politicians has the balls to do it.

This is all just one big fecking game! And it won't be the politicians that suffer!
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:41 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

At the moment MOG, I don't think that any of the top politicians has the balls to do it.

This is all just one big fecking game! And it won't be the politicians that suffer!

I think you're right MvL. It's a right mess, most of the Vote Leave gang proving to be charlatans, Cameron shirking his constitutional responsibility & proving once & for all he is & always has been an arrogant & duplitious cnut. I won't start on the continuing mess that Labour finds itself in.

Really can't see Johnson being PM now. You can't go from a Leave to Remain position in three days & retain any level of support among the electorate.
For me it's got to be Theresa May or Liam Fox for stability & experience. Long term, maybe five years time,  Priti Patel or Ruth Davidson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

I think you're right MvL. It's a right mess, most of the Vote Leave gang proving to be charlatans, Cameron shirking his constitutional responsibility & proving once & for all he is & always has been an arrogant & duplitious cnut. I won't start on the continuing mess that Labour finds itself in.

Really can't see Johnson being PM now. You can't go from a Leave to Remain position in three days & retain any level of support among the electorate.
For me it's got to be Theresa May or Liam Fox for stability & experience. Long term, maybe five years time,  Priti Patel or Ruth Davidson.

I don't think Leave expected to win and actually have to do the leaving!

There is no plan, other than it seems to kick it into the long grass which what the Conservatives tend to do with contentious stuff. Cameron like you say, washed his hands of the mess immediately and dumped it on whoever takes on the poisoned chalice which is likely to be Johnson. He'll have to stand and it will probably be against Theresa May, the archaic way in which the Tories select their leaders only allowing a 2 horse race. No one has the appeal that Bojo has with the grassroots so he'll surely walk it.

Hard to believe they won an election a little over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Hard to believe Corby was elected only last year too. The complete mess within the main parties is causing more uncertainty and nervousness on the financial markets, businesses and among the general public than the EU vote imo, although in many respects the two are inextricably linked. Somebody needs to get a grip of things, and soon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 6:21 pm

"Buyer's remorse" is the term.

Now you can read it without having to click a Sun link.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Agree with that. Theresa May will get the poisoned chalice of taking us out of Europe, largely because of her negotiating skills and attention to detail apparently.

Boris hasn't got the attention span. He'll be positioning himself though like the opportunist he is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next