Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
There no going back. The referendum has been done. The result is in and that is that.

The saddest part of it all will be the destruction of what we have all grown up with: Great Britain, the United Kingdom... Call it what you will.

There will be a second Scottish referendum. They will vote to leave the Union this time. That'll be the end of Great Britain although I suppose nominally the United Kingdom could survive. Northern Ireland might go too.

Cameron will go down in history as the man who called the referendum that allowed the Union to be destroyed. For a self-avowed "one nation Conservative" that is the biggest and worst failure imaginable.

UKIP will go down in history as a movement that destroyed the UK. It won't have won independence for the UK at all because what it wanted independence for won't exist any more. What it will have done is create a separate English parliament because Wales, N Ireland and Scotland will either be independent or have their own. UKIP, in efect, will have created an English Nationalist State.

We'll, us Brits that is, need a new flag, too. The Union Jack will be meaningless without the Scots being part of what it represents. Might as well just go straight to the cross of St George and bury that thing with the blue in it.

I went to sleep last night as a Plymothian, Devonian, Englishman, Briton and European and woke up to find that I am going to have the last two parts of that taken from me before long.

If, as I do, you loved GB/UK (call it what you will) and you voted Leave then you have destroyed the very thing you profess an affection for.

I'm bound to be ripped into for saying this... well fill your boots. I'm too busy mourning the death of the country that raised me to care.

You guys have not "got your country back" (not that it ever existed or was possible to get back anyway) you have torn it asunder and jumped up and down on the pieces that once constituted it to be left with a pale imitation of what once was once, truly, a great Great Britain.

That is the victory you have won. I hope you think it was worth it.

I have a spare length of rope if you need it. In fact, I'll pop it around, FFS.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Gaurdian reading whining cnuts

Greenskin wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Quote :
I want real pain for them

Why would anybody wish that on anybody else?

Oh the irony, it's the haves like you that couldn't give a feck about the people doing the jobs at the lower end of our economy that has bought this about,

So what will change post Brexit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Quote :

Oh the irony, it's the haves like you that couldn't give a feck about the people doing the jobs at the lower end of our economy that has bought this about,

feck-all for at least 2 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:56 pm

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negotiations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom. Pig
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:09 pm

Well said knobjockey.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Shall we all wait & see if anything happens at all before we tear each other apart. The early statement of "No need to invoke Article 50" was a clue to whats coming...or not, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Shall we all wait & see if anything happens at all before we tear each other apart. The early statement of "No need to invoke Article 50" was a clue to whats coming...or not, maybe.

Quite right.....

A lot of political gesturing at the moment.

It's the weekend. Let the football begin again!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Popcorn Pig wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Quote :

Except the devaluation of sterling and billions wiped off the FTSE. A possible referendum in NI and Scotland.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

Where did you see that? Shorely we can't leave Europe without invoking article 50? Does this mean that even though the referendum went for out the government won't actually Brexit after all?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

Where did you see that? Shorely we can't leave Europe without invoking article 50? Does this mean that even though the referendum went for out the government won't actually Brexit after all?

There will be serious trouble if so. That's not a threat, more a stone cold certain prediction.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 3:33 pm

I've lost a client. Received an email yesterday afternoon and they've been told by their investment bank that fixed 5 year placements in the UK are now not guaranteed and that they may be moved to Frankfurt or Dublin in the next couple of months.

They have therefore postponed their house purchase, children's schooling etc. I don't expect sympathy for them at all as they will survive wherever they are placed but they would have spent a significant amount of money in the UK.

Seems to me that the apparent benefits, such as the extra £350M, won't happen for two years at least but the impact is now.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
And still no answer.......

Just answer this question please (with some detail to back up your statements).

What exactly have the Brexiters won?

I'll tell you........As the little old Lady on Channel 4 news said last night I'm so happy that my Grandsons school can start having Nativity Plays again which were stopped because we were upsetting the Muslims......That MVL was the EU directive

We can now fly the English flag without being accused of being Racist. Golliwogs on Jamjars will no longer be offensive and Racist. I could go on and yet I would agree these appear on the surface to be minor issues, but add in the 100's of other examples and you start to grasp the nettle.

The total lack of control over ourselves and Immigration is why we are gone and I'm delighted. Took huge hit financially so far but It will come back. Great time ahead and I saluted my fellow Campaigners on my FB yesterday
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:09 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

I'll tell you........As the little old Lady on Channel 4 news said last night I'm so happy that my Grandsons school can start having Nativity Plays again which were stopped because we were upsetting the Muslims......That MVL was the EU directive

We can now fly the English flag without being accused of being Racist. Golliwogs on Jamjars will no longer be offensive and Racist. I could go on and yet I would agree these appear on the surface to be minor issues, but add in the 100's of other examples and you start to grasp the nettle.

The total lack of control over ourselves and Immigration is why we are gone and I'm delighted. Took huge hit financially so far but It will come back. Great time ahead and I saluted my fellow Campaigners on my FB yesterday

I will bow down to you if you can point me to the EU directive that told schools that they were forbidden from having nativity plays. Can you?

If you can then I applaud my daughter's school for their Christmas Nativity play last year. At the time I thought it a bit old hat middle-class but now it appears that they were fronting an underground anti-European Brexit campaign.

Not only that but they were selling flags of St. George at the Summer Fayre today. These revolutionaries must be stopped. Either that or we are taking back control of our country at an incredible speed.

In or out of the EU though Golliwogs is not something that should be accepted anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

I will bow down to you if you can point me to the EU directive that told schools that they were forbidden from having nativity plays. Can you?

If you can then I applaud my daughter's school for their Christmas Nativity play last year. At the time I thought it a bit old hat middle-class but now it appears that they were fronting an underground anti-European Brexit campaign.

Not only that but they were selling flags of St. George at the Summer Fayre today. These revolutionaries must be stopped. Either that or we are taking back control of our country at an incredible speed.

In or out of the EU though Golliwogs is not something that should be accepted anywhere.

I've noticed that too Dick, I was in the queue at Sainsburys earlier and the Eastern European fella at the checkout in front of me was asked if he needed help to pack his bags.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:22 pm

How pleasant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Popcorn Pig wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Quote :

Except the devaluation of sterling and billions wiped off the FTSE. A possible referendum in NI and Scotland.....

Sterling has rallied, the FTSE is higher than it was two weeks ago. And yes, a 'possible' referendum in Scotland and NI. it's all possible's, maybe's, could be's, may do, will do and feck knows,for months and months yet.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:33 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Where did you hear that? Down the pub?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Wetherspoons boss speaks sense, listen to him,
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

It was said in a short interview on 5 Live yesterday morning, can't be sure who said it but I think it was Boris.
I'm beginning to wonder if this was Cameron's biggest con trick yet that went badly wrong for him, maybe done to get a mandate for further integration.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Wetherspoons boss speaks sense, listen to him,

Alright for him to say we can take our time in the negotiations but the major European markets were hit harder on Friday than the UK and therefore they are quite correct in saying that we should speed things up. If I were the rejected party I would want Britain to feck off as quickly as possible and of course that is exactly what is happening.

Can't have your cake and eat it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 6:21 pm

The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

It was said in a short interview on 5 Live yesterday morning, can't be sure who said it but I think it was Boris.
I'm beginning to wonder if this was Cameron's biggest con trick yet that went badly wrong for him, maybe done to get a mandate for further integration.

From what I gathered when doing a bit of a surf, Cameron said there was no need to invoke the Article before October [when he goes] and Boris agreed with him without mentioning the October bit in a later interview.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 8:20 pm

Cheers Greenskin.
Needs to be ratified in the Commons too I think doesn't it ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I've no idea if you have ever visited the Borders (Peebles, Kelso, Thirsk, Hawick etc) it's very beautiful and worth a trip if you have not. On our side there's Berwick, Flodden Field, Coldstream and the rest of Northumbria. It's pretty much every bit as gorgeous as the Scottish side.

And I guess it has always been as picturesque but what has not always been the same is the border itself. It was marched backwards and forwards for hundreds of years by one conquering army or another. So much so that nobody took, or takes today, much notice of it. Rather like the Cornish the people of the Borders developed their own identity and are almost as loyal to the region itself as they are to either England or Scotland.

I think they were happy when England and Scotland eventually married up and the centuries of millitary action ended because they were probably very hacked off with being caught in the middle.

I don't really know whether Scotland was forced into union with England or not. It's not a period of history that I know much about but my gut feeling is that both sides were comfortable with the arrangement and, until now at least, it has stood the test of time.

Acts of Union 1707

Sturgeon is trying to attempt to see Scotland remain as a member of the EU despite Brexit, i have no idea as to the legality of such a notion or move. Would the EU let Scotland be a part of its empire, jumping ahead of other countries waiting to join up.

Ms Sturgeon will need permission from Westminster to hold a referendum and there must be public confidence in the currency economic opportunity of an independent Scotland.

Opposition parties in Scotland have warned against rushing into a second referendum.

There is a motion in place for London becoming an independent state too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next