Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bittner to Newport?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Bittner to Newport? Empty
PostSubject: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:22 pm

As above, that's what I've just heard, as player/coach. 

Not confirmed as yet.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:32 pm

The Club can today announce the signing of James Bittner, who joins the Exiles in the combined role of reserve goalkeeper and goalkeeping coach.

The 'keeper spent the past two seasons at Plymouth Argyle, where he combined playing responsibilities with the role of goalkeeping coach. The thirty-four-year-old has previously had spells with Bournemouth, Exeter, Torquay, Forest Green and Hereford.

Speaking after passing his medical at the Club's training facilities, the shot stopper insisted that he is looking forward to working alongside Warren Feeney.

“I have known Warren now for a few years and with the signings that he is bringing into the Club it is a very exciting time for Newport County AFC.”

"I have worked both roles at Plymouth for the past few seasons, which I enjoyed and I have gained a lot from working with various goalkeeping coaches throughout my career.”

“I’m very much looking forward to getting started during the pre-season.”

Manager Warren Feeney said, "James is someone I know very well. He was the goalkeeping coach at Salisbury when I was there and he is still very much capable of playing games at this level."

"James knows this division extremely well and is a very good coach. I think it will be brilliant for the goalkeepers here to have exposure to a goalkeeping coach on a daily basis."

"In the past, James has worked and played with some great goalkeepers, and that can only be a great benefit to us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I never understood why the guy was here if he wasn't trusted to actually play in goal.
I see the Avivas are dressing up the great long march North, not as a penniless Brent regime saving wages to buy the stadium, but as Adams getting rid of those he thought were bottlers. Apparently, it's all down to the manager, nuffink to do with budget and perceived club torpour. Never has argument and debate sunk to such levels. It's all a joke. An argument for every situation.

I think the word is village.
clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:51 pm

"insisted that he is looking forward to working alongside Warren Feeney"

Did they think he was lying at first?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:58 pm

i guess the budget really is pathetic if Newport seems a more lucrative offer.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Can get a proper coach in now.what did he do apart from sit on the bench taking the money ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Astonishing
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Good news, he was awful as a player (not sure of his coaching ability).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bittner to Newport?   Bittner to Newport? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bittner to Newport?
Page 1 of 1