Les Miserable
PlymptonPilgrim
Josh Pope
Dick Trickle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Matt signs for Blackpool Empty
PostSubject: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:05 pm

Bad news. Gives an indication just what money and time terms aren't on offer from Brent's mini budget.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:17 pm

If you're being outbid by money and ambition by Oyston then you are in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Brent's Argyle is less appealing than Oyston's Blackpool.. Interesting..
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Not surprising really, he doesn't have to uproot and move and probably gets more money for not doing so. To be honest I'd sooner have a fit and firing Reid but there's no guarantee we'll get that either.

We should start a sweep on how many players there will be at the club in August.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Should Hartley add their names to the list then that is up creek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Five aside foreshore. Brunt crocked, Reid crocked and maybe off, Matt gone, Carey will need to score 30+ for our year on year progress to continue, feck off Brent.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:58 pm

Disappointed, a good striker at this level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 10:00 pm

The bigger picture is why would Matt not want to be part of a team that were playoff finalists this year? Shorely a team like ours is a sure bet for promotion next year. Him leaving is very telling about our prospects, a lot of weight on Adams shoulders now.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm shocked!! Why would a half decent player not accept a short term contract on shit money ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm

dont worry lads we have stripes and a game against bovey tracey coming up

feck off brent now
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 am

Angry wrote:
dont worry lads we have stripes and a game against bovey tracey coming up

feck off brent now
:Suicide:
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:57 am

Cant even sign matt on a 2yr deal brent .its quite frighting to think of the quality of the players we will be getting in on jimmys 6 month loan deals
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 am

They paid Carey in advance, so the rest must be pissed off with their derisory offers. Speculate to accumulate ? It's not in the banker's DNA. He's a sitter and a taker but as long as nool and co rattle buckets, reward the faithful with photoshoots on GOS etc, the reluctant one knows he will have a captive audience of 6/7k no matter how much he abuses them.

Glad I'm not one of the poor saps...................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 9:24 am

Maybe Jimmy is going to go down the agency route this next season. All players have mobile phones and their own boots these days. Shouldn't be beyond the club's wit to get together a team and subs bench by say 10am in the morning of the game, giving plenty of time for the guys to get to know each other, the team tactics for the day, and a quick scan of the club ethos pamflet.

Not sure how it would work for away games though. I suppose the club would have to pay for a sleeping night and additional mileage allowance.
So, maybe plenty of time yet.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 11:58 am

Zero hours contracts. That's the way forward.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:15 pm

I've just thought of a solution for the away games, that would save the onerous sleep overs and travel costs. Jimmy could unofficially strike up a relationship with a gang master.
Jimmy owns a farm in Romania that doesn't grow a whole lot, but secured a cool 250K just after he bought it.. Romanians are good footballers, so maybe a team could be bussed over from the oh so productive farm by the gang master, leaving Jimmy quids in. All he needs to do is e-mail a firm job offer a bit before, and Bob's Kristian's your centre back for the day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:19 pm

I used to play for a pub pool team in Plymouth it was my job to go round the pub and hour before the match started and press gang six or seven people into the team. Pubs are always full of fans before a match and loads have probably played football before, bag full of spare kit, promise of a few wets after the game, we'd probably even FIL our subs bench for the first time in over a year.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 1:05 pm

he is useless to us if Adams was going to continue to tactics he deployed at Wembley. Matt didn't have a sniff of a chance.

concerned in as much as this should have been the easiest signing of the summer if the club had wanted him so I'm going for not really wanted.

now Adams has to go the extra mile and find us someone better than Matt in double quick time.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Maybe Jimmy is going to go down the agency route this next season. All players have mobile phones and their own boots these days. Shouldn't be beyond the club's wit to get together a team and subs bench by say 10am in the morning of the game, giving plenty of time for the guys to get to know each other, the team tactics for the day, and a quick scan of the club ethos pamflet.

Not sure how it would work for away games though. I suppose the club would have to pay for a sleeping night and additional mileage allowance.
lol! steady now lordy your be giving jimmy ideas lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Lord Biro wrote:

Shelterbox?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
I've just thought of a solution for the away games, that would save the onerous sleep overs and travel costs. Jimmy could unofficially strike up a relationship with a gang master.
Jimmy owns a farm in Romania that doesn't grow a whole lot, but secured a cool 250K just after he bought it.. Romanians are good footballers, so maybe a team could be bussed over from the oh so productive farm by the gang master, leaving Jimmy quids in. All he needs to do is e-mail a firm job offer a bit before, and Bob's Kristian's your centre back for the day
laugh
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Wot he said

''"I spoke to the manager on the phone a couple of times and the excitement in his voice of what he wants to do this season is something that attracted me," Matt said, when asked for his thoughts on the move.
"I want to be part of a team that is challenging at the top of the league to try and get promoted. We've got the opportunity next season to try and bounce straight back and we've got some good players here already. If I can complement those players, hopefully we'll be back where we want to be."

Reading that I sense a ?? I didn't talk to anyone else!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 2:29 pm

It's one of the big pulls for any player, over and above geography, siging for a club that has a feel of doing something. It's what brought Ebanks-Blake down here despite interest from bigger clubs, and it's what convinced him to move away, when it became apparent to his manager the emphasis had changed and property was more important than football.
I mean, players aren't that stupid. They want to be paid well, but they want to belong to a gladiatorial excellence and improvement, not some speckly austere investment plan where only the business owner gets the plaudits, and managers and players alike are tossed aside at the drop of a hat. Word gets around the football village. Brent 's regime, and it's nasty tricks, must have a reputation by now. I'm sure Shezza will be spreading the word.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
It's one of the big pulls for any player, over and above geography, siging for a club that has a feel of doing something. It's what brought Ebanks-Blake down here despite interest from bigger clubs, and it's what convinced him to move away, when it became apparent to his manager the emphasis had changed and property was more important than football.
I mean, players aren't that stupid. They want to be paid well, but they want to belong to a gladiatorial excellence and improvement, not some speckly austere investment plan where only the business owner gets the plaudits, and managers and players alike are tossed aside at the drop of a hat. Word gets around the football village. Brent 's regime, and it's nasty tricks, must have a reputation by now. I'm sure Shezza will be spreading the word.
The Ebanks-Blake similarity is good. I can remember that and also read a bit in Hollowords book about ''making E-Blake feel welcome and special''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt signs for Blackpool   Matt signs for Blackpool Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt signs for Blackpool
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next