The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reuben Reid or matt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Reuben Reid or matt Empty
PostSubject: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyTue May 24, 2016 1:31 pm

This is what Portsmouth is saying

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=635828
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyTue May 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Couldn't imagine saying it 12months ago, but it wouldn't break my heart if he went now - especially if we got a fee. When's his contract up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyTue May 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Couldn't imagine saying it 12months ago, but it wouldn't break my heart if he went now - especially if we got a fee. When's his contract up?

End of June and no we wont get anything for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyTue May 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Depends which Reid you are talking about, fully fit and committed Reid or the injury niggled one we've had this season, the fully fit version tears this league apart. If it came down to choice between Reid and Matt at the moment it would be Matt all day long for me but and it's a big one we've only seen the best of Matt, his goal scoring record in the past has been far outweighed by his proness to injury himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyTue May 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

The only trouble is Jamille Matt won't be here either. lol!
Whatever happens, whatever league, I would imagine Portsmouth can offer better pay than Brent is prepared to give Reid, or maybe even Adams for that matter. The sick bay comments from Adams must have been aimed at Reid in part.

Portsmouth have to go up next season, or the manager is history. Where else is he going to get someone at no capital cost that has proved he can do L2 ?
For all we know, their manager is quite aware of Reid's real fitness. If I were Reid, I would have been arranging my move months and months ago, given he's liked by Cook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyTue May 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The only trouble is Jamille Matt won't be here either.  lol!  
Whatever happens, whatever league, I would imagine Portsmouth can offer better pay than Brent is prepared to give Reid, or maybe even Adams for that matter. The sick bay comments from Adams must have been aimed at Reid in  part.

Portsmouth have to go up next season, or the manager is history. Where else is he going to get someone at no capital cost that has proved he can do L2 ?
For all we know, their manager is quite aware of Reid's real fitness. If I were Reid, I would have been arranging my move months and months ago, given he's liked by Cook.

That's assuming Cook will still be there having failed to deliver promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyWed May 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Would like to see both in the squad and that could be realistic if we get promoted. A fully fit Reid, partnered with Matt, could frighten any League One defence.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyWed May 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Would like to see both in the squad and that could be realistic if we get promoted. A fully fit Reid, partnered with Matt, could frighten any League One defence.

I'd agree with that. Though there is the Red Flag of him not being able to make his mark in a struggling League 1 team at Fleetwood.

<<Puts Jester Hat on....I'd be inclined to still go with it though. Imagine those two up front together!? It'd be worth a goal start in most games purely for the intimidation factor....takes Jester Hat off>>
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyThu May 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Id flog Reid not been the same player since allasndra left who in my opinion Reid relied on him alot and made Reid look good for 2 seasons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:41 pm

If I were Adams, I wouldn't offer Reid a sandwich, whichever league Argyle are in. Time to move on.
But then, if I were Reid, I would be offering my tip top refreshed rested services in any case to the highest bidder that wanted me on at least a 2 year deal.
Something isn't right somewhere.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt EmptyThu May 26, 2016 10:14 pm

He needs to pull his socks up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Reid or matt   Reuben Reid or matt Empty

Back to top Go down

Reuben Reid or matt
Page 1 of 1