devonportlad
Josh Pope
RegGreen
zyph
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Portsmouth after Reuben Reid Empty
PostSubject: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 12:49 pm

The Rumour mill is running wild on them stepping up their interest in him today.  Personally i think if they offer a small amount of cash and a tin of paint the club will gift wrap Reuben for them if they do make a bid. Plymouth price and all that.

However i think a 6 figure sum minimum (£300,000-£50,000) should only be considered for him given his goals and importance in the team.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:09 pm

PAFC should show some backbone and say NO SALE.....back your manager Mr Brent to get us out of this basement league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 pm

zyph wrote:
PAFC should show some backbone and say NO SALE.....back your manager Mr Brent to get us out of this basement league.

When has the club ever shown backbone when it comes to their best players? if pompey come calling Brent will want the income no matter how badly it affects Del Bheys plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Didn't realise when my Pompey mate asked if I had any info about this on Saturday night that there was even a rumour knocking about. Screw them for every penny if it's a goer - not always been happy with his attitude but obviously knows where the back of the net is!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Didn't realise when my Pompey mate asked if I had any info about this on Saturday night that there was even a rumour knocking about. Screw them for every penny if it's a goer - not always been happy with his attitude but obviously knows where the back of the net is!!

I Heard on Saturday they thought he'd joined then but it turned out to be rommy boco lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 3:32 pm

If pompey offer 100k uncle jim..will have roobs off to portsmouth before his feet touched the ground & then he will get the O'bearded one to do one of his rally the troops speaches for jim saying it wernt a bad deal...WATCH
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 4:17 pm

We wont sell him particularly cheap'y but it's all rubbish anyway, it will not happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Maybe Reid was being used as a stalking horse for Boco. That's how it's done these days. Well for footballers. I don't think the same applies to bar staff or office juniors.

If I were a supposed debt free Pompey, I wouldn't be signing Reid. I could get better. Evans was a great player for us in the lower leagues, but he couldn't score for toffee.
I couldn't care less if Reid stays or goes. To me, it's far more important that Adams is up to the job of developing a 'club'. I believe he wants to do that, but like his recent Ross County experience, it's not up to him, it's up to those that own the club. I could say it might be interesting, but I would be lying.

Last edited by John Hawkins on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:14 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
Maybe Reid was being used as a stalking horse for Boco. That's how it's done these days. Well for footballers. I don't think the same applies to bar staff or office juniors.

If I were a supposed debt free Pompey, I wouldn't be signing Reid. I could get better.
I couldn't care less if Reid stays or goes. To me, it's far more important that Adams is up to the job of developing a 'club'. I believe he wants to do that, but like his recent Ross County experience, it's not up to him, it's up to those that own the club.  I could say it might be interesting,  but I would be lying.

If we got a good price for reid and lets not forget he is out of contract at the end of the season i'd take it and give it to del bhey to strengthen the squad with several players.

wont happen as i seriously doubt he would see a penny of that money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:39 pm

I would imagine any fee would fall under the well worn "un-budgeted income" routine, and as such would be mostly used in paying down the "national debt". Brenty has a thing about that sort of thing.

With that in mind, and as an aside, I love Corbyn's idea of the Peoples' QE. Great stuff, what's good for the bankers and their £375 billion, is good enough for public spending Very Happy  More please...... go, go Jeremy. Break the current ludicrous established cowboy economics. Make Brent's faux austerity, whilst covertly scoffing, look like a stetson with glasses.
I wonder in the football industry, if player sales actually count as part of turnover and hence ups the 55% rule ? I would assume it does.

How boring is that, when all that really matters is whether there's a good vibe at the club for the start of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Learn from the Hourihane experience. Jimmy B won't reinvest a penny, but find a striker equivalent of Ollie Norburn to warm the bench and have about 5 starts.

Not good enough.

NO to to any SALE.

YES to 20 more GOALS.

#Reubentostay
#nomoresummerpennypinching
#areyoureadingJimmyB?
Back to top Go down
devonportlad

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:49 pm

i thought norburn was a decent player for us when given the chance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Would've liked to have seen more of him, thought he had something about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:01 pm

he was shit
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:36 pm

How many times did you see him play ?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:19 pm

Nobody saw him play much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
How many times did you see him play ?

plenty of times when he played at home to know he wasnt anything special. If he was the club wouldnt have kept on signing Central Midfielders on loan over giving him a starting role.

He is no loss.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 pm

I don't miss many home league games and I can only recall seeing him play 4/5/6 times, some as sub, certainly not enough to declare him absolutely, definitively, 'shit'.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:41 pm

I think it was the game where Bentley was sent off (Oxford?), Norburn certainly looked decent until that point and set up the goal with a very good pass (think he also set up a couple of other chances). Once we went down to 10 men he was far less involved. Can't think of many other games where he made a difference but then he never had a good run in the side- maybe he was just poor in training or Shez didn't like him? Like Luke Young, there was potential with him but he could easily slip down into non-league football and never return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:31 am

devonportlad wrote:
i thought norburn was a decent player for us when given the chance Very Happy

I don't dislike Norburn but there is no debate to be had on whether he was Hourihane's level is there? IIRC Norburn was the only contracted centre mid to be brought in after the sale of CH.

It wasn't good business IMO, we needed better.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:01 am

I think Bristol Rovers fans hit it bang on the head when he left them to join us..they said he was to lightweight and goes missing a lot in games when it got tough they were not far wrong..plus being brought in as a cheap replacement for houaraine after shezza spent most of the budget after brent sold him from underneath shezza
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:10 am

Didnt help or go in his favour as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 am

So where is Norburn now then people? certainly not turning down offers left,right and centre from any clubs.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Angry wrote:
So where is Norburn now then people? certainly not turning down offers left,right and centre from any clubs.
Exactly was useless
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 am

zyph wrote:

Laughing

How long have you been following Argo LOL!

Reid should be considered gone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth after Reuben Reid   Portsmouth after Reuben Reid Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth after Reuben Reid
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next