harvetheslayer
RegGreen
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:25 am

The more i hear this hallett speak the more i dont trust him..but seems his saying enough waffle to have the pisspotty avivas eating out the palm of his hand cant believe captain wankspasm didnt ask him if we were playing in stripes next season hahaha
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 9:10 am

Brent, Jones and now Hallett are always banging on about getting more fans to be attracted to and involved [bucket rattling] in the club, yet the board will make all the decisions and ignore what the fans want eg stadium in public ownership.

When will they get it into their self serving, thick heads that the wider potential fanbase will not buy in on those terms ? They are not as daft or needy as the tent and directors' box dwellers.

He talks of 15/16 k attendance figures in the Championship but for clubs with no top flight history that simply doesn't happen for more than a year or two once the novelty has worn off and there are clearly no signs that the club means business ie a well developed stadium with room for expansion and greater wealth in the boardroom to retain good coaching staff and players.

A few seasons of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc etc etc coming to town and the club will develop a fanbase at those levels, even in the lower leagues, as long as the owners have sufficient  nous and cash to keep pushing. Contemporaries of Argyle in the 60's like Norwich and Southampton now enjoy those fanbases of 20k plus even in the 3rd tier because the region believes in them and has the big club t shirt.

Brent seems to have brought in a kindred spirit and altruism is not the game plan.............'You peasants pay and we'll decide where the money goes'

I'd rather have an Abramovich type. It seems the only way these days and many clubs are following this path. The fact that we are so far off the beaten track and don't even have a bloody airport doesn't help but the club does have the potential to pull in 30k crowds in the top flight.

The described model, propagated by Brent and now supported by Hallett,  simply won't work at any level other than lower league.Cash is king and we'll never have enough to get to the PL unless there is speculative wealth in the boardroom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 9:52 am

I think tbf if you read what he says then he's saying that he's lent his money interest free with the aim of getting to the championship and doesn't want repaying until someone comes in and buys him out. If they are saying we have organic sustainable growth until then without the Ministand I can see more people buying into that now than before with just Brent. It seems that this is now the new plan. For me I'll keep my options open and treat everybody in the boardroom with the upmost suspicion until they prove trustworthy.
As for disregarding the negative views of fans that's easy with a compliant trust and only a handful of fans ready to vent said anger whilst the majority although opposing the Ministand are just too English to be bothered about doing anything about it and the board know it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:30 am

It's a tad ironic that after all the hoo ha of a few years ago, the person who I trust the most in the Boardroom, is Tony Wrathall.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it does give the option to reflect on all that went on. For me, Wrathall is the ONLY one round the current table that thinks more about Argyle being successful, than what is in it for him personally. He's put substantial cash sums in on more than one occasion and I truly believe that whether he got a return or not on it, wasn't his overriding priority.

The rest of them are carefully picked Brent Yes men. Including Iddesleigh Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It's a tad ironic that after all the hoo ha of a few years ago, the person who I trust the most in the Boardroom, is Tony Wrathall.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it does give the option to reflect on all that went on. For me, Wrathall is the ONLY one round the current table that thinks more about Argyle being successful, than what is in it for him personally. He's put substantial cash sums in on more than one occasion and I truly believe that whether he got a return or not on it, wasn't his overriding priority.

The rest of them are carefully picked Brent Yes men. Including Iddesleigh Jones.

Iddesleigh Nightfly has sold his shares back for 20 times more than he paid for them and probably charged the club a fortune for that PAFC100 run by fans for fans bunkum.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 12:45 pm

No matter what Brent, Hallett or any one else says, if the club wants to move up the leagues, serious investment will be needed. Sustainability is fine for a corner shop, but for a football club it means a future of under achievement. Until we get owners who are interested in success not their own egos/pockets, this club will never get anywhere.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 12:51 pm

The thing that strikes me as wierd is that if Hallettttttttt is genuine in what he says then it seems he's a complete mismatch with Brent, either Brent has sold him a line or he's just another Nikkkkkkk that doesn't care about the thick end of a million quid.
It did make me laugh when he said he wasn't looking to make money from the club just wants to keep it safe, lol to that, investment and footy clubs go together like a chalk and cheese sandwich.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Wants to see us attracting crowds of 16000 in the Championship. Won't put a timeframe on stadium redevelopment which is the only way we'll ever see 16000 or more inside Home Park,as long as it isn't the mini stand idea being resurrected . He's obviously thought this through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Wants to see us attracting crowds of 16000 in the Championship. Won't put a timeframe on stadium redevelopment which is the only way we'll ever see 16000 or more inside Home Park,as long as it isn't the mini stand idea being resurrected . He's obviously thought this through.

Not that bright either if he thinks Brent is going to deliver on anything without him paying for it first.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Did I read that right, interest free loan, no repayments for 5 years?

Any chance Brent is chucking his money in on the same terms? Maybe he is, I don't know but I rather doubt it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Did I read that right, interest free loan, no repayments for 5 years?

Any chance Brent is chucking his money in on the same terms? Maybe he is, I don't know but I rather doubt it.

The more I read Hallettttttt the more I think he's shitting us or he's another Nikkkkkk? Time will tell as always.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:38 pm

"Community involvement," "marketing," "engaging with the fan base"

It's all bullshit.

There's only one way to improve a football club and it's support

SUCCESS ON THE FIELD

Leicester City are popular now because they win more football matches, not because of a shit hot marketing campaign.

Football clubs are about football end of!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 8:58 pm

Brent didn't even learn from the snake oil salesman when he told him that Argyle had forgotten it was a football club, seems like Brent has never really known what a football club is, who'd have thought it?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Grovehill wrote:
"Community involvement," "marketing," "engaging with the fan base"

It's all bullshit.

There's only one way to improve a football club and it's support

SUCCESS ON THE FIELD

Leicester City are popular now because they win more football matches, not because of a shit hot marketing campaign.

Football clubs are about football end of!

Exactly...

How much 'community' do the successful clubs like Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have when half their fan base seems to come from the rest of the country, if not the world?

"It's the soccer stoopid"
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:59 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
The thing that strikes me as wierd is that if Hallettttttttt is genuine in what he says then it seems he's a complete mismatch with Brent, either Brent has sold him a line or he's just another Nikkkkkkk that doesn't care about the thick end of a million quid.
It did make me laugh when he said he wasn't looking to make money from the club just wants to keep it safe, lol to that, investment and footy clubs go together like a chalk and cheese sandwich.

Hallett is an old school chum of the Marketing Wiz. The Wiz is obviously pretty good at persuading other people to pay for his own toys and playtime - Argyle/Pasoti etc.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 7:02 am

They really do think that the wider public will buy into rattling buckets [community involvement] for the shareholders just to get close to 4th tier footballers ?

All real Avivas are already present and jostling for position laugh

Can't see many normal people wanting to join that gormless mob.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 7:29 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
No matter what Brent, Hallett or any one else says, if the club wants to move up the leagues, serious investment will be needed. Sustainability is fine for a corner shop, but for a football club it means a future of under achievement. Until we get owners who are interested in success not their own egos/pockets, this club will never get anywhere.

The thing is Brent is failing even at his own sustainability criteria. The council have thrown in a wad of money, Brent has thrown is a wad of money, Wrathall has thrown in a wad of money, Hallett has thrown in a wad of money and all it has got us is a Wembley appearance for being the 5th best team in the bottom league of the professional pyramid. His big sustainability project ,the grandstand and HHP, never got off the ground as it was so ill conceived and at the first sign of competition from the Bretonside redevelopment collapsed completely - showing the concept (and conceit) was built on sand in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 7:38 am

...and still by Mr. Hallett's admission, 2.1 million in debt to Directors!

Not including anything owed the GT's, banks, or PCC?

AFT, care to find out the 'real' total?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 8:48 am

Rickler wrote:
...and still by Mr. Hallett's admission, 2.1 million in debt to Directors!

Not including anything owed the GT's, banks, or PCC?

AFT, care to find out the 'real' total?

Sleep That's Bob btw not you. They seem to be taking the summer off whilst John Lloyd takes care of business for them.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 9:24 am

Dougie wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

The thing is Brent is failing even at his own sustainability criteria.  The council have thrown in a wad of money, Brent has thrown is a wad of money, Wrathall has thrown in a wad of money, Hallett has thrown in a wad of money and all it has got us is a Wembley appearance for being the 5th best team in the bottom league of the professional pyramid.  His big sustainability project ,the grandstand and HHP, never got off the ground as it was so ill conceived and at the first sign of competition from the Bretonside redevelopment collapsed completely - showing the concept (and conceit) was built on sand in the first place.

It was obviously pretty easy to persuade friends of friends, the odd wealthy fan and PCC to kick in a six figure sum. But when his plans are scrutinised by professional lenders they are found wanting - hugely. This is the story of most of Akkeron's ventures. Was it Lloyd's who pulled the plug on parts of his hotel business? Oldway Mansion can only be funded by Akkeron drawing down more money from Torbay council and suing them for £8 million because they've actually seen through the charlatanism.

Straw man surrounded by straw dogs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 10:01 am

Hitch wrote:

Straw man (Brent) surrounded by straw dogs.

Send him to St Buryan with Susan George. They'll sort him out.
He'd probably try and buy their Methodist manse house and get himself in a right pickle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 10:47 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Hitch wrote:

Straw man (Brent) surrounded by straw dogs.

Send him to St Buryan with Susan George. They'll sort him out.
He'd probably try and buy their Methodist manse house and get himself in a right pickle.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 7:35 pm

A couple more thoughts on Hallett etc.

How can a debt ridden, asset free football club that hasn't made a profit for God knows how long, be valued at £1.5 million. Is there something in the pipeline that we don't know about?

Has the £500,000 he paid for his shares gone to reduce debts or into the pockets of one or more of the Directors?

When a new board took over the club in the 1980's one of the Directors,- who had put in a similar amount to Hallett in real terms- said "I know I'll never get my money back, I'm doing it to save the club"  Why do people who profess to have the same love of the Club now insist that every penny they put in, gets paid back when the club is sold?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 11:43 pm

Let's face it if the club sold now the owners/ directors would be lucky to wipe their noses, if they wish to get their money back we need to go up a couple of leagues and incur no more share issues and loans, it's already starting to look like shit or bust for this board, unless Jimmy really is a fan. Lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:

When a new board took over the club in the 1980's one of the Directors,- who had put in a similar amount to Hallett in real terms- said "I know I'll never get my money back, I'm doing it to save the club"  Why do people who profess to have the same love of the Club now insist that every penny they put in, gets paid back when the club is sold?

You're dead right Grovehill. Surely you contribute to a passion according to your means, not take from it. It's a total change of culture, and mirrors the wider mind set. As Marx commented on the mind set, and I paraphrase, there will be no corner in England where a penny will not be turned. Rollo will like that. Will probably agree too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Simon Hallett   Q&A with Simon Hallett - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Simon Hallett
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next