seadog
Big Robby
Punchdrunk
Tgwu
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman Empty
PostSubject: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 12:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plymouth Argyle have announced a change to the boardroom reshuffle that will occur at Home Park at the end of the month.

Majority shareholder Simon Hallett will now assume the role of club chairman when current occupant James Brent stands down at the end of October and not David Felwick.

Felwick had been identified for the role, with Hallett due to serve as vice-chairman, but the 73-year-old Felwick, who served as a director at Home Park between 2011 and 2017, has informed directors he will not now take on the role due to personal reasons.

Hallett will assume the role of chairman from November 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Ummm. (rubs chin)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 12:36 pm

scratch head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Picks nose.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Wonder how that’s going to work with him being based in the USA ?
Please, please, please not what I think this could mean.
For the love of god please no.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 12:47 pm

How did we get on with the last chairman we had who had no background in football?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Brent as Vice?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 pm

FFS! Please Lord no!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 1:28 pm

I was underwhelmed by Felwick anyway tbh
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 pm

I’d rather have Wrathall as Vice. I know he was tainted to some degree under the Stapleton Chairmanship, but he is one of a very small number who have in the past genuinely put his own hard-earned into the club, with no guarantee of a return.

A bona fide fan, too.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Whats that coming over the hill is it a Brentmare is it a Brentmare.
When you think it cant get any worse it does.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Odd one. Would think Hallett's sentiments haven't changed and he'll look to appoint someone to the role asap. See it as a positive that he's taking over. It would have been easier (for him) to extend Brent's chairmanship but he's obviously thought better of it...unless he asked Brent and he refused, of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Noolly wrote:
I do not like the sound of this one bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Had to be the internet warriors, always the internet warriors!! flower

Noolly wrote:
I've no idea, and to be fair, I never know what goes on but those videos of David and Simon a few weeks ago had sound bites I liked.

'I've no ambition to be a Chairman' said Simon. 'I'm so proud to be the Chairman' said David. Now this???

Feels like a split to me.

It could just be that DF doesn't want the aggro at his age now the team is performing so badly, I get that, I've witnessed, as have many others the vile stuff JB has had to put up with, nobody should have to go through what James did.

Perhaps it's felt that Simon being so far away will be insulated from that, but knowing what the internet warriors get up to, I doubt whether that would make so much difference.

Whatever is behind this, as fans, we should be worried, it's certainly not a good sign.

We've had a consistent board for so long, and now this.

Ouch, is all that I can say.

All good decent people but as I say, us Argyle fans need to keep an eye on this. It's a worrying situation in my opinion.

Looks like Noolly is stirring the wotsit, first signs of a Hallett out?
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Why does IJN think people will give Felwick or Hallett any abuse? I don't see the abuse being anything other than normal towards an owner who is milking the football club and cant deliver his promises. I don't see Hallett being anything like James Brent and I don't think Starnes came in for any real abuse. My anger is solely with James Brent and how he's run the club
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Why does IJN think people will give Felwick or Hallett any abuse? I don't see the abuse being anything other than normal towards an owner who is milking the football club and cant deliver his promises. I don't see Hallett being anything like James Brent and I don't think Starnes came in for any real abuse. My anger is solely with James Brent and how he's run the club

Probably because he did the same.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Had to be the internet warriors, always the internet warriors!!  flower

Noolly wrote:
I've no idea, and to be fair, I never know what goes on but those videos of David and Simon a few weeks ago had sound bites I liked.

'I've no ambition to be a Chairman' said Simon. 'I'm so proud to be the Chairman' said David. Now this???

It could just be that DF doesn't want the aggro at his age now the team is performing so badly, I get that, I've witnessed, as have many others the vile stuff JB has had to put up with, nobody should have to go through what James did.

Perhaps it's felt that Simon being so far away will be insulated from that, but knowing what the internet warriors get up to, I doubt whether that would make so much difference.

Whatever is behind this, as fans, we should be worried, it's certainly not a good sign.

All good decent people but as I say, us Argyle fans need to keep an eye on this. It's a worrying situation in my opinion.

We've had a consistently shite board for seven years starving the team of a decent playing budget whilst they concentrate on the property. There can be no reason to object to a change of Board other than if you have lost your directors box pass. Feck off Nool.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Had to be the internet warriors, always the internet warriors!!  flower

Noolly wrote:

We know what white feather Nool gets up to, far worse than any alleged abuse.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:38 pm

It's just Newell and a couple of like-minded arseholes like 'Biggs' shit stirring.

Still bitter about losing their AAA passes.

I bet they're now clinging on to a tiny shred of hope that their etonian lord and master can remain in any capacity.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Of course the simple answer is that Nool is worried because he sees Felwick as a recipient for some leg shagging whilst he knows that Hallett knows him for what he is and doesn't like him. Brent would have been able to run Argyle better than anybody else whilst taking a trip to the moon. Lol. More and more isolated by the day still desperately clinging to Jimmys shirt tails. His only victory of late getting a defector back in the pasoti folds that nobody is that bothered about.
It's obvious now that he club is in turmoil behind the scenes now lets hope Hallett sweeps the shit out of HP for good and doesn't add to the stench any more.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:54 pm

I've no idea how many football clubs are owned by and have chairmen located outside the UK. Even within these shores there are plenty where the owner/ chairman doesn't attend every week and not all of them are basket cases or Newcastle United.

In this age of instant communication and video conferencing what does it matter. If he does right by Argyle then so fxxxing what.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm

MGM n the farm showing how deluded those creeps are,

If you want Argyle to be a safe league one club with no chance of progression to the championship then James Brent would be a safe pair of hands.

LMFAO at that, we've won one game all season FFS! Safe league 1 club? lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Without looking anywhere else, my first hunch here is that this is purely a Party political broadcast on behalf of the Brentmare, by Newell.

A sort of..... “look people, that great man James Brent is ousted from the Chair, and look at all the bad shit now happening in the Boardroom”.

Well if there’s a stagnant Boardroom that ever needed shaking up, inhabited largely by people either purely as a box ticking exercise ( sorry ladies, but that’s why you’re there) or deaf mutes who serve no tangible purpose, then the Argyle Boardroom is certainly that.

Bravo the Hallett if he’s ruffling feathers. About fookin time. And if it is genuinely upsetting Nool, then that can only mean good things are in the offing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 3:39 pm

On a slight tangent, has anything been seen or heard of from our very own lady NEDS?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Stable board? Really?

The comings and goings over the last 12 months have been hard to keep up with.

It has been anything but stable for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next