HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley Empty
PostSubject: Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley   Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Derek Adams says he is a proud man in taking Argyle to Wembley for only the second time in its history.

Adams said: "For myself, I have been to Hampden Park a number of times as a manager.

"But in my first season in English football, I'm very proud to be able to take this famous football club back to Wembley, 20 years on.

"I'm proud of everybody associated with the club. It's a fantastic achievement.

"It's a hard league. I have said that many times this season and we have seen that with the quality of the football."

He continued: "The players have worked non-stop and they have got their rewards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley   Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:14 pm

One in the eye for the Adams doubters, he's the real deal.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley   Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:31 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Yes despite Brent, Adams is doing his best to get the club promoted.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley   Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

I don't think there has ever been a lot of criticism for Adams.

It's pretty well recognised he's doing an amazing job with 1 hand tied behind his back.

I did think 1 up front at home yesterday was bizarre but it showed why he's paid a lot of money to be a manager and i'm not Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley   Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley EmptyMon May 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Before he came here, it was well signposted the play on the break routine was one of his preferred home options.
Delighted for the canny candid chappie, although the season has to end with a promotion. It's been 5 years now, and this league is not where Argyle should be. When things go wrong, any manager will be attacked by the superfans to protect their sponsor, just as they did with Sheridan. No wonder he got the hell out.
The vibe here on ATD has always been most supportive of Adams, and Sheridan, for that matter. Both have done a good job, with Adams bringing in two or three players way in advance of anyone since the championship days.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley   Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Before he came here, it was well signposted the play on the break routine was one of his preferred home options.
Delighted for the canny candid chappie, although the season has to end with a promotion. It's been 5 years now, and this league is not where Argyle should be. When things go wrong, any manager will be attacked by the superfans to protect their sponsor, just as they did with Sheridan. No wonder he got the hell out.
The vibe here on ATD has always been most supportive of Adams, and Sheridan, for that matter. Both have done a good job, with Adams bringing in two or three players way in advance of anyone since the championship days.

Should Argyle gain promotion at Wembley (and i think they will do) Adams will become a legend, surely.

The team have got the great chance to rectify past wrongs and i believe they can achieve that aim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley   Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams proud to lead Argyle at Wembley
Page 1 of 1