VillageGreen
RegGreen
Dick Trickle
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:40 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
He's done ok in midfield the last few times I've seen him play there. I disagree with your opinion that Purrington is a shit midfielder, is that alright?

you may think what you wish, i just happen to think you are very wrong in thinking he is a good midfielder which i am sure is alright with you too.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:27 am

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
purrington is crap in the midfield ffs

Disagree, Boateng was crap, shadow of the player he was 1st time around.

Purrington is a crap midfielder regardless of Boateng performances.

Disagree.

If Purrington gets a new contract that should be a neon sign that the budget is crap for next season. Awful player in midfield should only play at left back where he can actually play well.
Make up your mind! Keeping Purrington means the budget is crap but you're saying he can play well at LB! And before you hit your keys here you are :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz:
Nikkk is absolutely right - moan, groan, moan some more. Most posts are :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz: Try and be positive - you might enjoy it laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:41 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
purrington is crap in the midfield ffs

Disagree, Boateng was crap, shadow of the player he was 1st time around.

Purrington is a crap midfielder regardless of Boateng performances.

Disagree.

If Purrington gets a new contract that should be a neon sign that the budget is crap for next season. Awful player in midfield should only play at left back where he can actually play well.
Make up your mind! Keeping Purrington means the budget is crap but you're saying he can play well at LB! And before you hit your keys here you are :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz:
Nikkk is absolutely right - moan, groan, moan some more.  Most posts are :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz: :Zzzzzzz:  Try and be positive - you might enjoy it laugh

he can play well there thats about it no point saying he isnt as that wont be very fair would it. i dont think however he warrants a new contract if we go up or not.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:44 am

I have to say...  Bloody enjoyable to watch from out here in the colonies!

Myself and the Ambassador had an absoloootly marrrrveloouss time with the aid of a few Pimms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:30 am

nikkk wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We were utter dogshit.  And we know we're going to be ten times worse on Sunday as we're at home. Pompey fans may as well book their travel to Wembley now.

"Utter dogshit"   ??  Really .....

why weren't you loitering in the directors box with with Nooly Pigface
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:35 am

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

Conceding a pen so early in the 2nd half turned the game on its head again. We never recovered and if their midfielders could shoot, we might have lost by a couple. As it was, I only remember McCormick having to make one smart save, despite the heavy pressure.

Overall, will take 2-2, especially after being 1 down after 3 minutes in a cauldron but Argyle are going to need to be at it for 90 minutes on Sunday to win through.

Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Pompey are a proper club and Fratton Park is a great ground. Was impressed how all 3 sides of the home support got behind their team. Great support from us too.

Matt was both ace and a lunatic.

Still can't call it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:37 am

nikkk wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
A draw is a good result, but as we know argo will fvck it up.

Is there anything positive or mildly supporting over here these days ? Dear oh dear.

Yes
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 7:39 am

Well that was a proper football match at a proper ground with proper fans. I'm glad the second leg is being played at Home Park because their crowd could be 'worth' a goal in extra time. Intense just about covers it.

The whole of Home Park needs to show the same spirit. No saber rattling from the grinning popinjay required thankyou very much and no half arsed display from the Devonport End either come to think about it.

Last night there were in my opinion two not very good sides on display. It's no surprise that neither were promoted automatically - both sporadically ok but both teams carrying players who are not good enough. Should either get promoted and especially if Argyle get promoted wholesale changes in personnel need to be sorted out not least because we only have about two players signed up already.

On a side note - we have some numpty fans - and Hampshire police have some numpty officers - not a good mix - with both occasionally going over the top. We were kettled for a short time on making our way to the ground just because we were walking behind a group of mildly leery Janners. It's not a nice feeling. And why the felt the need to film everyone going into the ground is beyond me. Hey ho nice overtime being earnt and those horses need s bit of fresh air from time to time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 7:45 am

Dougie, agree with your assessment of the sides. The way we played so differently in each half is testament to it and they were flagrant with their finishing, given the amount of possession. Still think Carey, Wylde or Tanner could come up trumps for us on Sunday.

We left the Good Companion after 1 pint because some of the Janners were going into mouthy overdrive. Enjoyed the Pompey-dominated pubs more before and after the game
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:55 am

Thought we did well first half and Matt took his goals well. Nelson at fault for both goals- noticed he was out of position a number of times after making forward runs then giving the ball away. Second half was poor- our passing was shocking- a mixture of hoof and bad balls so Pompey were constantly able to attack- but couldn't understand their tactic of high crosses to the midget in the box.

Another game where I thought the subs were odd. Tanner should have been on from around 70 minutes for Wylde/ Jervis but instead was an 88th minute sub for Matt (I'm guessing the tactic was to hoof the ball for Tanner to run onto). Purrington does look weak in midfield as he needs too much time to think what he's going to do. After Saturday I would have stuck Rooney on for the last 5 minutes to see what he could do (he must have confidence).

I did have fears we would get beat 3/ 4 -0 and Sunday would be a non-event. At least its still all to play for.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:00 am

I bet The Championship club Nelson has a pre-contract agreement with will be well happy after seeing that performance. clown
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:13 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I bet The Championship club Nelson has a pre-contract agreement with will be well happy after seeing that performance. clown

Hopefully they were more impressed by the quite sumptuous penalty box clearing tackle he made in the 2nd half (but youre right it wasn't his best night and I presume your right about his contract)
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 10:33 am

Agree with most, reasonably good first half and a pretty poor second. Still all to play for though.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 10:33 am

How does Pedlar on the farm manage to upload Brief Synopsis before the Game even finishes ??   Does he sit there all game updating and updating and then praying in the last 7 minutes nothing happens !
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 10:36 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
How does Pedlar on the farm manage to upload Brief Synopsis before the Game even finishes ??   Does he sit there all game updating and updating and then praying in the last 7 minutes nothing happens !

Why is there even a need for one when it's live on sky?

We have our own feckin eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 10:36 am

We went out trying to press them all over the pitch first half. Unfortunately this meant second half we were blowing out of our arses. A better team would have put us to the sword and scored several and looking at the cold facts they scored 1 goal as a result of Nelson thinking he was Paolo Maldini and a lucky penalty.

We should be confident for the 2nd leg but this is Argyle we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 10:55 am

Dougie wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Hopefully they were more impressed by the quite sumptuous penalty box clearing tackle he made in the 2nd half (but youre right it wasn't his best night and I presume your right about his contract)

Tbh I don't have a clue about the Championship club thing. Supposed to have been sown up back in December according to SFD. I'd be shocked if he did go though. There's a reason he hasn't been snapped up before...he's really not that great.

Solely to blame for their first, and highly culpable for their second after getting caught horribly out of position and leaving Hartley exposed.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:01 am

I'd just like to add that Porky did look very good in Brown.......Very Farmerish. See that he's got his trotters into Hallett already no time wasted there straight in with the brown nosing  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:16 am

I suppose 2 - 2 is a result most of us would have taken before the start last night. It's always different watching it on the box, but i was struck by how invisible some of our players were. I saw virtually nothing of Jervis, Wylde didn't appear much (apart from his header back across for the first goal) and Mellor wasn't obvious apart from losing the ball a couple of times. Carey did some good things first half, not much the second and we seemed to sit back for almost all the second half.

Having said that Nelson gifted their goals, but I really couldn't see Portsmouth scoring, they didn't really trouble Luke at all- I couldn't decide whether that was down to an organised defence or Pompey being crap up front. Probably a combination of both.

So, an ok result but a chance missed I think. Pompey looked nervous at the back and a bit more pressure on them and we could have won that game by 2 or 3.

Still, that would have made it easier for the second leg, and we don't do that.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:03 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I suppose 2 - 2 is a result most of us would have taken before the start last night. It's always different watching it on the box, but i was struck by how invisible some of our players were. I saw virtually nothing of Jervis, Wylde didn't appear much (apart from his header back across for the first goal) and Mellor wasn't obvious apart from losing the ball a couple of times. Carey did some good things first half, not much the second and we seemed to sit back for almost all the second half.

Having said that Nelson gifted their goals, but I really couldn't see Portsmouth scoring, they didn't really trouble Luke at all- I couldn't decide whether that was down to an organised defence or Pompey being crap up front. Probably a combination of both.

So, an ok result but a chance missed I think. Pompey looked nervous at the back and a bit more pressure on them and we could have won that game by 2 or 3.

Still, that would have made it easier for the second leg, and we don't do that.

I'd agree with all of that. Their keeper needs to be put under immediate pressure Sunday from the off
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:47 pm

The main thing is it's essentially 0-0 and we start again on Sunday.

It'll be another close match that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Well I enjoyed it in a panicy sort of way. 1_0 down after 3 mins and we came back . 2 slow starts to both halves. Great atmosphere proper football match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:38 pm

nikkk wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
A draw is a good result, but as we know argo will fvck it up.

Is there anything positive or mildly supporting over here these days ? Dear oh dear.

The 3 "R"s. Reading, Writing and Arithmetic.

From your posts on here and Pasoti its pretty obvious that writing is not your strong point. From the FES bankruptcy its clear that your arithmetic isn't too good either. But surely you can read? I think you will find that most of the posts have been an accurate assessment of the game and have been both positive and supporting.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:56 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
I think Nikkk feels left out now the yank is in town.

His normal chauffeur is fluttering his belly button fluff at the big Si and PL2 is only licensed for travel in his own bedroom whilst holding a joystick.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 4:04 pm

shonbo wrote:
Well I enjoyed it in a panicy sort of way.  1_0 down after 3 mins and we came back . 2 slow starts to both halves. Great atmosphere proper football match.

That was the thing for me, a proper football match. No false atmosphere, displays or clappers. I thought the Pompey fans were tremendous. Very loud with all three sides going for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle matchday thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next