Czarcasm
LondonGreen
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

New board members Empty
PostSubject: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting to see where this goes...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:28 am

So whose shares is Simon Hallet buying, to take a significant minority?

I wonder if these pair will be any less anonymous than the current mob, (minus Wrathall, tbf).
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:32 am

One assumes Harry Potters....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:34 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

It says that neither Brent or Wrathall are selling any shares.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:46 am

Interesting. On the face of it, these chaps look to have a decent business background and some experience in finding investment in various fields but then so did Todd and Gardner, so we'll have to wait and see. Wonder what brought about the U turn from James Brent's statement of not so long ago that the board were not looking for any extra financial assistance?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:47 am

New Jersey based 'businessman'.........Love it! Tony Soprano in the boardroom. Let's hope he makes Green Jim an offer he can't refuse Smile
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:59 am

Greenskin wrote:
Interesting. On the face of it, these chaps look to have a decent business background and some experience in finding investment in various fields but then so did Todd and Gardner, so we'll have to wait and see. Wonder what brought about the U turn from James Brent's statement of not so long ago that the board were not looking for any extra financial assistance?

Quote :
Simon’s appointment will not only help drive the Pilgrims’ future growth – and help accelerate clearance of the club’s debt inherited from administration

A way to cover £500K balloon payment?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

It says that neither Brent or Wrathall are selling any shares.

Which only leaves 2 options:

1) They have issued new ones;
2) The new directors don't have any shares.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:18 pm

A bit more information, presuming it's the same Simon Hallett;

Back to top Go down

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:41 pm

green_genie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Quote :
Simon’s appointment will not only help drive the Pilgrims’ future growth – and help accelerate clearance of the club’s debt inherited from administration

A way to cover £500K balloon payment?

Thats probably it, letting someone else put their hand in their pockets. EEE saved us you know. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:02 pm

If they've bought no shares then they must have put loans in - what other form could their "investment" take?

Meaning that the bubble payment has been turned into a loan of some sort.

Yet another can kicked down the road. Yet more debt repayment being leveraged against future income.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:07 pm

Or will these funds be used towards the purchase of the freehold?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:25 pm

"Chairman James Brent will retain a majority shareholding in Argyle while Tony Wrathall keeps his five per cent stake.

The other four directors continue to be David Felwick, Richard Holliday, Peter Jones and chief executive Martyn Starnes.

Neither Brent nor Wrathall are selling any of their shares and Hallett has purchased newly created ones."

If there's new shares then Wrathall's 5% isn't 5% anymore unless he has some new ones too.
Back to top Go down

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:29 pm

These new guys just scream typical brent partners to me. I wont hold my breath that they will ever cough up.
Back to top Go down

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Mugged by a mug you've got to laugh. Wrathall has had his 5% devalued but don't expect any details from the new transparent and open Brent era. Let's hope these guys are savvy enough to feck Brent over and get rid. The only downside is that they may have got enough funds to build the mini stand complete with dentists.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Just heard it on radio devon
That they have joined the board
Think there joined the board but not sure if there got any shares but said there meant to have investment to put in...hmmmm wont hold me breath though
Back to top Go down

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:49 pm

Hasnt one of them got some link with agriculture, like Akkeron ? Bound to be all matey boys . All sounds dodgy to me.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:54 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Hasnt one of them got some link with agriculture, like Akkeron ?  Bound to be all matey boys .  All sounds dodgy to me.
indeed all matey boys together very iffy
Back to top Go down

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Where have they hidden this well run academy? Talking about homegrown talent I wonder if they think they've bought into city?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:59 pm

I don't think there'a any such thing a a "significant" minority shareholding-Brent owns most of the shares, ergo what Brent says, goes.

Haven't we had US/overseas based Directors before? and that worked out just yankee doodle dandy didn't it?

He might be better than Kagami-he might actually watch a game or two-but then, I suspect he thinks Malcolm Allison is still the manager.
Back to top Go down

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 3:11 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Hasnt one of them got some link with agriculture, like Akkeron ?  Bound to be all matey boys .  All sounds dodgy to me.

From what I could find out, the Akkeron world wide farming in emerging markets involved the purchase of one farm in Romania, with a local fellow director. A strange purchase you might think for our cuddly property speculator. But just after purchase, a cool 250K euros EU farm payment was winging it's way Northwards to good old Devon. Only one payment, and not much has been happening since. it would seem. I hope they're growing something there. It's not exactly difficult to grow stuff there, with it being the old Soviet bread basket.
Not like our Jimmy, is it, looking for a whacking great subsidy and not doing much. He's usually up and at it quick as a quick thing clown
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 3:19 pm

If these guys are lifelong fans where were they when the club went bust?

Also, I suspect JB has about as much of a connection with farming as David Cameron has with the working class
Back to top Go down

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

From what I could find out, the Akkeron world wide farming in emerging markets involved the purchase of one farm in Romania, with a local fellow director. A strange purchase you might think for our cuddly property speculator. But just after purchase, a cool 250K euros EU farm payment was winging it's way Northwards to good old Devon. Only one payment, and not much has been happening since. it would seem. I hope they're growing something there. It's not exactly difficult to grow stuff there, with it being the old Soviet bread basket.
Not like our Jimmy, is it, looking for a whacking great subsidy and not doing much. He's usually up and at it quick as a quick thing clown

Not much has been happening since... I talked to some farming relatives, they don't like talking about the subs funnily enough but a few years ago the site that was published following a foi request let us know what everybody was claiming and guess what the farmers didn't like it. Since then all the farmers I know have registered several new companies to the same farms in the names of relatives or even companies with names not related to the farm or family so it makes it a lot harder to find out whose had what. Brent loves this transparent business model as we already know.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Fact Check needed....

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

If there's new shares then Wrathall's 5% isn't 5% anymore unless he has some new ones too.

Top Boy on pasoti wrote:

Ownership however is split (not very evenly) between Akkeron Leisure who hold 1125001 shares and Tony Wrathall who holds 86533 shares. So Akkeron hold 92.9% and Tony Wrathall 7.1%.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Grovehill wrote:
If these guys are lifelong fans where were they when the club went bust?

Also, I suspect JB has about as much of a connection with farming as David Cameron has with the working class
the only connection to farming they have is the bullshit & cows shit they speak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New board members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New board members   New board members Empty

Back to top Go down

New board members
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next