Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??

Go down 
+6
argyl3
pepsipete
sufferedsince 68
Tringreen
Freathy
harvetheslayer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? Empty
PostSubject: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:47 am

Reading the other day that the Covenants by all accounts are not worth the paper they are written on re Home Park....??
Its utterly clear to all here that he's a Shyster of the highest order and has absolutely zero intention whatsoever of funding any Grandstand etc.

He's got an agenda here no question.... popcorn
Back to top Go down

Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:52 am

PCC wouldn't give planning permission for housing. I hope.

What is far more likely IMHO is that Brent will sell PAFC to Wrathall but keep the ground and rent it to the club for a handsome yearly income.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 8:53 am

Either way brent is going to f*** the club over big time.  Even more than he's f***ing it over now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

What is far more likely IMHO is that Brent will sell PAFC to Wrathall but keep the ground and rent it to the club for a handsome yearly income.

Highly likely and as long as he includes a lighthouse and Nool's mum can still see the sea, he'll get the full backing of Kim Jong and the rest of the jamboys infesting Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:23 am

Freathy wrote:
Either way brent is going to f*** the club over big time.  Even more than he's f***ing it over now.

too true, yet still he has his defenders Rant Rant
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:29 am

If Brent buys the Free Hold to Home Park it will be a disaster, have the Toadies learnt nothing from the "Trusting in Stapes" Fiasco?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 12:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If Brent buys the Free Hold to Home Park it will be a disaster, have the Toadies learnt nothing from the "Trusting in Stapes" Fiasco?

absolutely not. When rome burns and they are stood in the ashes they will still be grateful brent "saved them" and it was everyone elses fault like some still say today about staplewallet.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Compared to what we have now, staplewallet was marvellous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Looking at the figures, Brent won't be able to resist pocketing the stadium for himself, and hence the so called original clever move of asking the Council to buy the stadium at admin and give PAFC a buy back clause at a pre ordained price has actually presented the club with the likleihood of being permanently asset stripped by a rugger and tory boy. A microcosm of the wider world at present, where public assets are concerned. Add in the club having to pay for the duff steel design on a regular basis, and Bob's your uncle. And of course, letting someone like Wrathall own the asset-less club would complete the much talked about "pre pack" in a roundabout way. The club will become like some tenant pub landlord that has bought it's own furniture and fittings. The better the enterprise/football does, the more the brewery/Brent will up the rent. A perfect steal. Coventry here we come.
If, and when the above becomes reality, that really will be the end of the club and me. I'm struggling at present to identify with the owner as it is, with his plan A showing quite clearly where his priorities are. I cannot give him money. I've popped down to the Menaye more times than I have visited Home Park recently.
In the long term there's a capital bonanza to be had if the stadium goes the same way as the civil service grounds and Pennycross stadium. Brent is in it for the long term, as he said. He can't lose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 4:20 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Compared to what we have now, staplewallet was marvellous.

very true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:15 pm

I never had a problem with Stapleton either until Foot resigned. It all went down hill from there, starting with the honey pot Kagami/Synan thing. All of a sudden, the club was dirty.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Nothing at all? Its a piece of paper that the likes of kassam at oxford got removed with a team of lawyers.. The same will happen to Argo the writings on the wall
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

In principle, yes, but in reality it could happen in the future.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
I never had a problem with Stapleton either until Foot resigned. It all went down hill from there, starting with the honey pot Kagami/Synan thing. All of a sudden, the club was dirty.

At least he sort of cared about the club. Then it went all tits-up and a huge debt was there for all to see.

Going back to the admin days, my personal view was I would have been ok with Heaney and PR stepping in rather than Brent. Alas it was not to be and we are where we are.

What Argyle desperately need is some more football savyy members on the Board, people who can move this club forward again. It is all too stagnant at the moment. If the club could attract the mentioned, it could possibly see Brent selling up.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:24 pm

This thread's getting depressing, --Stapes wasn't so bad, Heaney would have been OK.

Next thing we know, there'll be a petition to get Dan 666 back in charge-with Kemp (& his faithful 4000) back as manager

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Staplewallet held on for too long when it was clear he had no funds and was utterly clueless when sturrock/foot n jones left as they told him what to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Don't get too despondent Groovey. Stapes turned into a demon when he saw some big money on the table. And no one really thinks Heaney would have been anything but a disaster. But even after Heaney has long gone, the property disaster that promises to ruin a lovely vibrant shopping centre in Truro is still in the pipleline with others trying to cash in.  
The real problem in Central Park, and with the club, has been releasing a park stadium onto the private market. That's where it all started, and that's where the problem remains.
Let it be a salutory reminder to all those righteous privateer apologists out there just how private enterprise couldn't give a flying one for the community and it's hitherto community resources.
A park does not need to pay for itself, as is the current narrative, anymore than the Hoe needs to pay for itself, or the pavements we walk on. Some of these park lands were private estates when they were "bequeathed" or offered for sale a long time ago. There are inevitably people out there with access to money lending that would like to return these green spaces to private ownership and use. Brent is no doubt one of them.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
there was three years between Foot resigning and Kagami coming on board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 8:40 am

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. I think the Kagami thing was the first obvious outward sign to my mind that things had headed in the wrong direction. I'm loyal to community brands such as fans for fans, and it takes a while for the penny to drop. Up until Kagami, much of my ire was aimed at Sturrock, who had clearly lost his golden touch and had seemed ludicrously determined to trash the team Pulis and Holloway had fashioned.
In hindsight, the twinkle of money in Stape's eye must have been long underway before Kagami, but it had a good cover with the fans for fans thing. It must have taken quite a while to fashion the club as a money spinning selling club to attract the likes of Dumb and his even dumber financial adviser. Holloway was finally sort of proved to be somewhat on the button, something that I had put down to his chasing the dollar. I blamed two managers when just as much fault lay within the boardroom. I shan't be making that mistake again with Adams.
Foot resigning should have been the wake up call of trouble at the mill, but I obviously hit the snooze button and overslept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 11:53 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. I think the Kagami thing was the first obvious outward sign to my mind that things had headed in the wrong direction. I'm loyal to community brands such as fans for fans, and it takes a while for the penny to drop. Up until Kagami, much of my ire was aimed at Sturrock, who had clearly lost his golden touch and had seemed ludicrously determined to trash the team Pulis and Holloway had fashioned.
In hindsight, the twinkle of money in Stape's eye must have been long underway before Kagami, but it had a good cover with the fans for fans thing. It must have taken quite a while to fashion the club as a money spinning selling club to attract the likes of Dumb and his even dumber financial adviser. Holloway was finally sort of proved to be somewhat on the button, something that I had put down to his chasing the dollar. I blamed two managers when just as much fault lay within the boardroom. I shan't be making that mistake again with Adams.
Foot resigning should have been the wake up call of trouble at the mill, but I obviously hit the snooze button and overslept.

I think you're right there except for Sturrock who didn't so much trash a team as have it trashed. To use Geoffrey Howes quote it was a bit like sending your opener out to bat only to find he's had his bat broken by the captain. I don't think he expected to have to rebuild a team in January, when there is no value about. At the risk of going over old ground, Stapes was horrendously out of his depth which was proved by his constantly going behind his managers back to ask Sturrocks advice and I remember he once asked Walsalls board permission to speak to Colin Lee. I mean FFS when you ask the boards permission to speak to someone you'll have met him in a little chef up the A303. Hence Colin Lee ended up being badly shafted. But at least he didn't end up here. lol!
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Who owns the large park and ride car park?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:23 pm

PCC, Brent only own HHP carpark and he was to lease a part of zoo field which Argyle were to pay the rent for.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:03 pm

Plenty of housing land there for PCC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:55 pm

PCC have already sectioned a piece of the park on the southern end for possible housing at a later date. The problem is they carry things out as quietly as possible and then its too late to change by the time the masses find out. That is if the masses can be bothered to do anything about it apart from moaning after the event.
Plus I suspect the planning permission that was granted, albeit under dubious circumstances, was just to try and increase the sell on price. Brent as far as I'm aware has failed to deliver on all of his proposals. He's just a typical capitalism supporting, Tory banker. It's just unbelievable that certain people can live a life of a millionaire whilst not having a penny to scratch their ass with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Couldn't agree more Mcfry. The answer ain't with the masses though...... they're too slow to catch a bus and think voting once every 5 years is all democracy is. It's always been minority lobbies that win the day, hence the corporate successes over the decades. The sectioning off of the park has been noted by the allotment associations, FOCP, local residents and many others. We know the council would want to sell off some of the park there, and have had first hand details of the possible next set of plans. We will make it as difficult as possible for them. They won't necessarily get away with it at all, just because they've put up a fence by the new cycle path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??   Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats to stop Brent purchasing the Ground and subsequently selling it for Housing etc.....??
Page 1 of 1