Les Miserable
AstiSpumante
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:06 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I'm pretty sure we were getting higher gates four and five years ago, again just my opinion but in fifty odd years of being an Argyle fan and one who hardly missed a game prior to Jimmy the Bent arriving I reckon we should be getting gates of about ten k by now and were not, course its not Jimmys fault blame the fans.
Just checked 2011/12 season average 6900 so when in second place we have added 500 fans love to know who to blame if it's not Saint Jimmy the saviour?

The normal attendance rise in similar seasons has, of course, been the potd floaters turning up. It really shouldn't be underestimated the
psychological effect of having to pull more than a 20 quid note out of your wallet to do that now. I was going today but my oppo was working so the thought of forking out 22 quid + petrol from mid Cornwall + plenty of beer tipped me to stay home and watch my rugby team play their first fixture of the new Super Rugby season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I'm pretty sure we were getting higher gates four and five years ago, again just my opinion but in fifty odd years of being an Argyle fan and one who hardly missed a game prior to Jimmy the Bent arriving I reckon we should be getting gates of about ten k by now and were not, course its not Jimmys fault blame the fans.
Just checked 2011/12 season average 6900 so when in second place we have added 500 fans love to know who to blame if it's not Saint Jimmy the saviour?

For the umpteenth time, just in case it doesn't go in, I'm not a Brent apologist. I don't think he is the right person to take us forward.

However, could the relatively stunted gates be something to do with the fact that people just aren't that excited about a promotion challenge in Division 4 - i.e years of underachievement, not simply because of the present owner? This season has also been built on amazing away form, so the home performances haven't been as good. Perhaps people are just skint.

You make out everyone who doesn't criticise Brent at the smallest opportunity to be an Aviva bucket rattler - which is bollocks and also makes you as narrow-minded and backward as the worst of their ilk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

For the umpteenth time, just in case it doesn't go in, I'm not a Brent apologist. I don't think he is the right person to take us forward.

However, could the relatively stunted gates be something to do with the fact that people just aren't that excited about a promotion challenge in Division 4 - i.e years of underachievement, not simply because of the present owner? This season has also been built on amazing away form, so the home performances haven't been as good. Perhaps people are just skint.

You make out everyone who doesn't criticise Brent at the smallest opportunity to be an Aviva bucket rattler - which is bollocks and also makes you as narrow-minded and backward as the worst of their ilk.

jocolor It's you that started throwing the crap about mate, you don't like my opinion I think you're a bit of an Aviva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:23 pm

2002 average in this league 8800 average. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

jocolor  It's you that started throwing the crap about mate, you don't like my opinion I think you're a bit of an Aviva.

As I said, narrow-minded...and a bit dense, I think
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Who'll be first with the match report?

Angry has taken a vow of silence,

Asti and Czar have probably gone back on the ale,

Greenskin it is then Very Happy

Yer tiz. I haven't actually been attending every game this season for the first time in many decades but decided to go today because I've tweaked a rib muscle and it was too fecking cold for golf. Not a great first half in all truth, suffice to say that County probably should have been ahead on clear cut chances, although Argyle gradually got into the game and Carey and Wylde became more influential. That pattern was to prove crucial as Argyle looked as though a proverbial rocket had been delivered up a few arses at HT and Carey pounced on a loose ball after excellent work from Wylde down the left. The game maintained a fairly even pattern after that, maybe Argyle should have sewn the game up with on or two chances that fell to Tanner,Brunt and Reid [subjected to some truly moronic comments from a section of the support, the blue arsed fly syndrome In all its glory from people who probably yearn for the days of Micky Ross,Neil Illman and Warren Feeney] but County had their moments as well. When all's said and done though, Argyle defended quite well to keep a clean sheet and a major difference between this season and last was summed up by the ability of a midfielder to snatch the winner, although Carey is nowhere near yet to being back to his best. Good three points, imperative at this stage to win the home games no matter how and a point at least at Barnet must now be the target.

Just joining in the crowd debate, must admit to being slightly surprised that crowds haven't picked up more [notwithstanding the fact that I haven't been a regular this season], fully expected them to be at least around the 8500 mark by now. I take on board the comments about Brent/the board and the lack of investment to create a bit more excitement but that isn't really the problem of the squad and DA,who as far as I can see are working very hard to achieve something for the club and perhaps merit a bit more support in terms of numbers and indeed exemption from the more idiotic criticism directed at certain players during a very crucial time. There will be a bigger gate next week obviously and Argyle will doubtless be in the top three in the division crowd wise but still mildly surprising AFAIC. Just my twopennorth like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:51 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

That's pretty fair comment Innocent.
Division 4, poor home performances for 5 years on the bounce, and of course, it's too expensive and awkward to get tickets without a CRB and credit check, two guarantors, and a good behaviour pass from Pasoti.

More a ghetto than ever it would appear, and that will have tuppence to do with the culture of the club and it's accessibility. Probably not Brent, as he only spends half a day a week on the club, most of which is watching the game.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Who'll be first with the match report?

Angry has taken a vow of silence,

Asti and Czar have probably gone back on the ale,

Greenskin it is then Very Happy

Yer tiz. I haven't actually been attending every game this season for the first time in many decades but decided to go today because I've tweaked a rib muscle and it was too fecking cold for golf. Not a great first half in all truth, suffice to say that County probably should have been ahead on clear cut chances, although Argyle gradually got into the game and Carey and Wylde became more influential. That pattern was to prove crucial as Argyle looked as though a proverbial rocket had been delivered up a few arses at HT and Carey pounced on a loose ball after excellent work from Wylde down the left. The game maintained a fairly even pattern after that, maybe Argyle should have sewn the game up with on or two chances that fell to Tanner,Brunt and Reid [subjected to some truly moronic comments from a section of the support, the blue arsed fly syndrome In all its glory from people who probably yearn for the days of Micky Ross,Neil Illman and Warren Feeney] but County had their moments as well. When all's said and done though, Argyle defended quite well to keep a clean sheet and a major difference between this season and last was summed up by the ability of a midfielder to snatch the winner, although Carey is nowhere near yet to being back to his best. Good three points, imperative at this stage to win the home games no matter how and a point at least at Barnet must now be the target.

Just joining in the crowd debate, must admit to being slightly surprised that crowds haven't picked up more [notwithstanding the fact that I haven't been a regular this season], fully expected them to be at least around the 8500 mark by now. I take on board the comments about Brent/the board and the lack of investment to create a bit more excitement but that isn't really the problem of the squad and DA,who as far as I can see are working very hard to achieve something for the club and perhaps merit a bit more support in terms of numbers and indeed exemption from the more idiotic criticism directed at certain players during a very crucial time. There will be a bigger gate next week obviously and Argyle will doubtless be in the top three in the division crowd wise but still mildly surprising AFAIC. Just my twopennorth like.

Cheers Skinny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Scrappy game not alot really to talk about. battling performances with a bit of magic for our goal. It was an ugly win but i'll take that everytime over a good performance and a draw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

jocolor  It's you that started throwing the crap about mate, you don't like my opinion I think you're a bit of an Aviva.

Far from dense mate but you're welcome to your opinion, as I mentioned earlier 8800 average in 2002 up from an average of about 4400 in 2001 a doubling of the gate in anybodies reckoning, the crowds are remaining stable ATM and I blame Brent, what would you put it down to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Far from dense mate but you're welcome to your opinion, as I mentioned earlier 8800 average in 2002 up from an average of about 4400 in 2001 a doubling of the gate in anybodies reckoning, the crowds are remaining stable ATM and I blame Brent, what would you put it down to?

Are you sure you're comparing apples with apples? What is our average gate this season? No doubt below 8,800 at the moment but if we remain in the top 3, I'll wager it won't be far off come season's end. I have a long journey tomorrow - I'll work it out. For what it's worth, I agree it seems a little low at this stage, given where we are in the league.

I'll even give you Brent/lack of investment as a possible contributing factor but there is more to it than that, with just a few possibilities mentioned previously. Like most things in life, things are rarely black and white. I just think it's a simplistic argument to blame everything which goes wrong on one factor...unless you're prepared to give credit too for some of the good stuff. It's all a bit 6th form common room politics.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Oxford will bring a few so we might even break above 8,500 whooopeee !!!

To be fair I went today and it was a shizen crowd with an equally shizen atmosphere but you could argue that the infrastructure and match-day experience hasn't changed a jot from when we were in administration.
That might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

To be fair I went today and it was a shizen crowd with an equally shizen atmosphere but you could argue that the infrastructure and match-day experience hasn't changed a jot from when we were in administration.

did you think the angels were shitter than last years bunch or am i alone in this
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:56 pm

It wasn't a game that'll live long in the memory.

Very little to say about it, really. Wylde had a glorious chance right at the start but his header was weak and was saved by a scrambling Roy Carroll in the County goal. Any sort of decent header and it was a certain goal but the positive is that he made a great run to get there and whoever it was that picked him out (Tanner?) put it on a plate.

Mental block time here but our RB hobbled off early on and Forster replaced him on Banton duty. Banton must be untrusted by his teammates because they barely passed to him at all. Other news on the Banton front was that he was subjected to some, frankly, embarassing barracking from one or two in the Lyndhurst. Apart from him not deserving it at all it wasn't funny. I just cringed.

In the second hald Wylde seemed to come alive and made serious inroads down the left several times and created panic which led to Carey's goal which from a County perspective was a terribly shambolic one to concede.

I'm not sure what Brunt has to do to get a free-kick. His marker was all over him all the time but hardly got whistled at all. I realise he's a big lad but a foul is a foul now matter how tall you are.

Carey seemed to be about 10-15 yards too deep for much of the game. It gave him plenty of options to QB the ball about but didn't amount to much. On one of the rare occasions he got up the park he scored.

Alan Smith came on for Banton and they improved by about 200% but didn't ever really look like they were going to score - even in the rather surprising 7 minutes of 2nd half ijury time.

Sawyer got carded after being on the wrong end of a hospital pass from a short corner.

Reid and Nardiello came on as subs for Tanner and Wylde but neither contributed much.

It was all a bit meh to be honest and the feeling of unstoppable momentum that Northampton must be currently enjoying was noticeably absent.

It was another clean sheet and they're always welcome and we got the W - and ultimately it is all about the W so job done, I suppose.

The Accrington and Oxford games look huge now.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

did you think the angels were shitter than last years bunch or am i alone in this

Would rather not have them at all, same as the embarrassingly placed family area (loudest of them all today lol! )

Atmosphere at HP? not seen one in about 4 years.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Pretty average fayre today but 3 in the bag was crucial. The atmosphere was flat and it doesn't really feel like a promotion season yet, I'm sure it'll improve if we stay in the hunt and I'm expecting it to ramp up next Saturday with 10k(hopefully) in attendance. While I don't blame Brent for everything he certainly doesn't inspire confidence and going forward into league 1 under similar budget restrictions is going to be painful to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:15 pm

im also not pleased block one has that disgusting sign now advertising some marketing site for customers of nools

oh and also the club wrote a song for todays game if you go on their facebook page.... or you can see it below

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
1 hr ·
I looked over Jordon (Forster) and what did I see?
When we played Notts County at home.
It was Graham Carey, who had been left free.
Coming through to knock the ball home.
Struck low, sweet Carey's left foot.
Coming for to Carey me home.
Struck low, sweet Carey's left foot.
Coming for to Carey me home.

perhaps which ever sad act wrote that can have the internet taken away from them when they are not n the company of an adult.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:23 pm

I thought that the money lender's graffiti had been removed?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:24 pm

Good grief.

The internet has a lot to answer for.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:31 pm

I also heard that Semper is being replaced with God save our Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I thought that the money lender's graffiti had been removed?

pasoti hae moved in sadly.

shame not all of the fes/fil logos havent been removed that are on those shit murals
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:59 pm

At least the signs and murals protect the stands a bit from the rust and decay.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Another three points in the bag as the countdown continues.

Saturday, March 5th is going to be a humdinger of a match, second Vs third. If Argyle can beat Barnet on Tuesday evening and then go on to beat Oxford United at home, that will be two steps closer.

Might have to pop along for the Oxford United clash me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 10:19 pm

I've just seen it on the telly and it was Carey that planted it on Wylde's noggin.

Mellor. That's the fella.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 10:27 pm

pepsipete wrote:
At least the signs and murals protect the stands a bit from the rust and decay.

you clearly havent seen the state of the devonport end. the end of it from block one it literally covered in mould, gangreen and rust. i took a picture of it but i cant seem to be able to upload it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notts County Match Thread.   Notts County Match Thread. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Notts County Match Thread.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next