seadog
Tgwu
Cornish Chris
Greenskin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Notts County (A) Will be on Sky Empty
PostSubject: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 11:01 am

Link

From the link wrote:
Our away game against Notts County has been chosen for live TV coverage by Sky Sports.
Consequently, the game at Meadow Lane has been moved back 24 hours.

Originally scheduled for Saturday, October 10, it will now take place on Sunday, October 11 and will kick-off at 2.30pm.

The game is almost five years to the day of Argyle's last visit to Meadow Lane, when they lost 2-0 in a League 1 game. That was one of 14 defeats the Pilgrims have suffered in 20 matches at the Magpies' home ground.

Our last win was in January 2003, when two David Norris goals secured the win.

Our best away result at Meadow Lane came in April 1953, when we won 4-0. Alex Govan netted twice, alongside strikes from Gordon Astall and Maurice Tadman.

We will let you know when tickets for the match go on sale.

#stripesareback
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 am

Only downer on this news is we will be playing in that awful away kit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 11:30 am

#lilacisshite
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:48 pm

County will tear us a new one.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:55 pm

I doubt if Sky will be able to keep up with the flood of new subscriptions that will inevitably follow this news. It'll be the sporting event of the century.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Argyle will show it live at the ground charging £5 for Jimmy's fund.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 10:28 pm

On a 24" wide screen monitor.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 am

lol!
seadog wrote:
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 4:09 am

seadog wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Haven't been there for yonks. Last time was when we had Brucie in goal L2-1 I think. Seem to remember ''Collins''? got our goal - Simon Collins?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Got mullered on Innocent Egbunike's birthday once on drums of Colt 45 lager. Really sunny day and ended up sunbathing on the terrace. Can't remember the score...lost 4 nil I think....would be early 90's in April.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Got mullered on Innocent Egbunike's birthday once on drums of Colt 45 lager. Really sunny day and ended up sunbathing on the terrace. Can't remember the score...lost 4 nil I think....would be early 90's in April.

Funny you should say that, i also got completely plastered at Notts County once, missed Argyle's second goal [Norris,i think] just after half time due to queuing for more beer. Had some swill in the Trent Bridge Inn that day, remarkable that you have two fairly big football grounds and a test match venue in such a small area. Remember being so addled that I couldn't even speak when I got home, must have been a good day. Argyle won 2-0 incidentally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Nottingham is well good for a piss up. I found the worlds stickiest carpet in a well good skanky back street boozer years ago
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Some years ago I remember Nottingham being touted as having the highest ratio of females to males.
Back to top Go down
artee52

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:45 am

Thats true , the other place the same was, still is, is Bath
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:10 am

No one mention we have a warm up act before the main event

Exeter City 12:15 Stevenage
League Two, Sky Sports 1 HD (12:00)

Notts County 14:30 Plymouth Argyle
League Two, Sky Sports 1 HD (14:15)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:50 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

Just seen this.

A quick flick to GOS throws up the details: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0-4 indeed and a hat-trick from Dave Regis, I believe. I turned 20 that day, not that I remember anything about it. Pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed in the ground in 2015 in that state.

Adam King, Darren Tallon (only ever appearance) and Paul Robinson all ended ignominous Argyle careers with that match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:54 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

Did we go to the 0-2 at Hull the following week too? Got around well in the gold Cortina as students.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:13 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Just seen this.

A quick flick to GOS throws up the details: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0-4 indeed and a hat-trick from Dave Regis, I believe. I turned 20 that day, not that I remember anything about it. Pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed in the ground in 2015 in that state.

Adam King, Darren Tallon (only ever appearance) and Paul Robinson all ended ignominous Argyle careers with that match.

He got all 4, not long after a particularly unproductive spell at argyle. However that was a bloody good notts team.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:58 am

Greenskin wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Funny you should say that, i also got completely plastered at Notts County once, missed Argyle's second goal [Norris,i think] just after half time due to queuing for more beer. Had some swill in the Trent Bridge Inn that day, remarkable that you have two fairly big football grounds and a test match venue in such a small area. Remember being so addled that I couldn't even speak when I got home, must have been a good day. Argyle won 2-0 incidentally.

It's a brilliant pub city. I once had about five pints of IPA in Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem before an away game at Forest, which went down beautifully, until I realised it was something like 11% ABV. Made it to the ground but fell soundly asleep as soon as I found my seat and woke up about halfway through the second half.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:09 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Did we go to the 0-2 at Hull the following week too? Got around well in the gold Cortina as students.

I think we did fella. Good old days - West Brom, Chester, Shrewsbury, Stockport, Tranmere, Sheff Utd (?) to name a few.

Gold Cortina - classy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PASALB

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:24 am

For those of you living in London please feel free to come and join fellow PASALB members at the Hoop & Grapes.

For further details please go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

It's a brilliant pub city. I once had about five pints of IPA in Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem before an away game at Forest, which went down beautifully, until I realised it was something like 11% ABV. Made it to the ground but fell soundly asleep as soon as I found my seat and woke up about halfway through the second half.

I was in the vat and fiddle pre match. I had a pint of the local stuff called the last rites. A 10% a v tipple and it was goodnight from me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:04 pm

i'll give that one a miss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Haha - so, essentially, 10 pints of strong ale but delivered in a quickfire space of 5 pints. Simple but fatal mistake. Goodnight Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notts County (A) Will be on Sky   Notts County (A) Will be on Sky Empty

Back to top Go down

Notts County (A) Will be on Sky
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next