Greenskin
AstiSpumante
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Kevin Ball, Julian Seaward, Chris Garden, Peter Jones and Di Thompson.

(according to De Liars failed website)

Wasnt De Lar a big supporter at the time? Do you remember that Ian?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 8:54 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Elias wrote:
zyph wrote:
It can't be the same Leicester that Ian Holloway ran away to....who we beat soon afterwards 1-0 at their place on telly.....and they then got relegated....nah I must be thinking of some other club.

In truth they have never looked back from going to the third

Holloway asked Stapleton to find investment to back him in the early Autumn of 2007 when we were riding high in the Championship. Stapleton said he would and when Holloway found out he'd done nothing he was on his way out, as were his players whose stock had also risen. Winning at Leicester and Holloway not having enough class to motivate a bigger club in decline is irrelevant.
If we'd have had some cash in the boardroom, I'm fairly confident Ollie would have got us up, as he did with Blackpool. The trick then would have been to have swapped him for a Pulis or an Allardyce to keep us there, whilst the ground and infrastructure was developed.

Holloway knew about the investment that was available at that time. He knew which players he wanted to get in to get us up. He asked Stapleton to at the very least, talk to the potential investors (all Argyle fans by the way). Stapleton said he would, but as we all know didn't. Holloway didn't like being lied to, and that was the end of that. Our plunge to the depths started from that moment.

There you have it.

The much vaunted Consortium, having made an offer they always knew damned well was never going to be accepted, drove a wedge between club and manager that resulted in the most successful manager we have had in years leaving.

They managed to feck everything up despite their take-over never getting off the drawing board and not ever being in charge of anything.

Well played, chaps. Well played. I hope you're all proud of what you achieved.

Actually... No. Not that.

Do you think you could have fecked up any worse than you did? That.

Not for the first you demonstrate your stunning naivety. Not to mention crass ignorance and stupidity.

The consortium at that time was a serious group of people who were all long term Argyle fans, not short term shysters looking to make a fast buck. Serious money was on the table to try and move the club forward as it was clear the then board wasn't able to do so.

Of course the manager knew. He was told. It was vital he knew and was comfortable with what was planned.

Despite your continued attempts at rewriting history, Stapleton and co were the bad guys in all this. They simply didn't want to let go and put their own ambitions in front of those of the club. They were ultimately responsible for administration and our descent down the leagues.

You are quite simply, completely and totally wrong.

You were then, you are now. You thought you knew what was going on. You didn't. You still don't.

Live with it.

If there had been a rational, professional approach made to the club then who knows what might have happened?

Instead of which there was a squalid, nasty, personal campaign waged against anybody not on your side which made any sort of sensible business negotiation completely impossible.

Your tactics were at best misguided and you badly bungled everything you wanted achieve.

If you weren't a bunch of shyster cnuts you certainly did all you could to persuade that you were.

And you ended up driving Ollie out. Brilliant.

It could not have gone any worse, could it?

Do you ever stop to think that if you hadn't behaved like twats quite as much as you did then things might have gone better?

Probably not.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:20 pm

A "Shyster cnut"

Tiz was banned for that sort of language.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Rickler wrote:
A "Shyster cnut"

Different rules for Boris.

Like when he was a mod on Pasoti. Amongst other things, he wanted to inform the club of the identity of a certain poster who was supportive of the consortium.

He's had a personal dislike of the consortium. Probably because he wasn't trusted with any of the correct information. I wonder why?
Back to top Go down

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Amster follows Angers, Ricks follows Sir Frank. Night follows day. It's a basic law of gravity or something clever.
What that has to do with the racist Tisdale, I have no idea ?
Back to top Go down

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:40 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Kevin Ball, Julian Seaward, Chris Garden, Peter Jones and Di Thompson.

(according to De Liars failed website)
Cheers Frank Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:41 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
SFD was pretty close to the truth, but not only did the consortium try to put a wedge between Manager and Board (what other business would a potential purchaser talk to management before any conversation had taken place with the Board), but they also tried to drive a wedge between board members, wanting only Robert (RiP), Phil and myself  out.

Again usual business practice would see potential buyers making an offer for the shares they wanted to buy i.e. those held by Rob, Phil and myself, as Tony and I did when we purchased the shares held by FOOT and Jones. But the Consortium did not do that, they wanted the remaining board members to buy us out and then split the shareholding with them in return for a mix of investment and loans.

Let us not forget that at that time things were good. A Board that was close, unified and agreed on most strategies. This would , not have been the case if the Consortium plan would have come to fruition and the main stumbling block was Jones. Staples, Rob and Phil hated the man and I am sure the feeling was mutual. There is no way in a million years Stapes and Jones could have worked together again.

The final element that blew the deal completely was conducting a take over on a message board. There were just too many elements that weren't played in a harmonious way. Jones should have known he would be a dealbreaker, he didn't leave on good terms and therefore his involvement made it a hostile takeover. If the Consortium were seriously minted they should have just approached with an offer to buy the club outright.
Thanks Damon.
Perhaps i'd be better off going to support United lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Elias wrote:
zyph wrote:
It can't be the same Leicester that Ian Holloway ran away to....who we beat soon afterwards 1-0 at their place on telly.....and they then got relegated....nah I must be thinking of some other club.

In truth they have never looked back from going to the third

Holloway asked Stapleton to find investment to back him in the early Autumn of 2007 when we were riding high in the Championship. Stapleton said he would and when Holloway found out he'd done nothing he was on his way out, as were his players whose stock had also risen. Winning at Leicester and Holloway not having enough class to motivate a bigger club in decline is irrelevant.
If we'd have had some cash in the boardroom, I'm fairly confident Ollie would have got us up, as he did with Blackpool. The trick then would have been to have swapped him for a Pulis or an Allardyce to keep us there, whilst the ground and infrastructure was developed.

Holloway knew about the investment that was available at that time. He knew which players he wanted to get in to get us up. He asked Stapleton to at the very least, talk to the potential investors (all Argyle fans by the way). Stapleton said he would, but as we all know didn't. Holloway didn't like being lied to, and that was the end of that. Our plunge to the depths started from that moment.

There you have it.

The much vaunted Consortium, having made an offer they always knew damned well was never going to be accepted, drove a wedge between club and manager that resulted in the most successful manager we have had in years leaving.

They managed to feck everything up despite their take-over never getting off the drawing board and not ever being in charge of anything.

Well played, chaps. Well played. I hope you're all proud of what you achieved.

Actually... No. Not that.

Do you think you could have fecked up any worse than you did? That.

Not for the first you demonstrate your stunning naivety. Not to mention crass ignorance and stupidity.

The consortium at that time was a serious group of people who were all long term Argyle fans, not short term shysters looking to make a fast buck. Serious money was on the table to try and move the club forward as it was clear the then board wasn't able to do so.

Of course the manager knew. He was told. It was vital he knew and was comfortable with what was planned.

Despite your continued attempts at rewriting history, Stapleton and co were the bad guys in all this. They simply didn't want to let go and put their own ambitions in front of those of the club. They were ultimately responsible for administration and our descent down the leagues.

You are quite simply, completely and totally wrong.

You were then, you are now. You thought you knew what was going on. You didn't. You still don't.

Live with it.

If there had been a rational, professional approach made to the club then who knows what might have happened?

Instead of which there was a squalid, nasty, personal campaign waged against anybody not on your side which made any sort of sensible business negotiation completely impossible.

Your tactics were at best misguided and you badly bungled everything you wanted achieve.

If you weren't a bunch of shyster cnuts you certainly did all you could to persuade that you were.

And you ended up driving Ollie out. Brilliant.

It could not have gone any worse, could it?

Do you ever stop to think that if you hadn't behaved like twats quite as much as you did then things might have gone better?

Probably not.

I'd have thought you would have adopted a more congratulatory tone if indeed the consortium did drive "Ollie" out, seeing as you have spent a considerable amount of time in the past slagging the bloke off and telling all and sundry how his overspending started Argyle's decline and how he had wrecked every previous club that was his to manage. Daft suggestion anyway-the only thing that drove Holloway out was the knowledge that Stapes and co were going to hive off five of the best players in the best squad that Argyle had had for decades, a course of action which I don't seem to recall you and your organic growth brethren having any objection to at the time.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:46 pm

As has been proved, Leicester always had more potential than Plymouth.

All the blame has been piled on Todd, Kagami etc yet the downfall started with the antics of some of the old board.

There was money to be made out of being a Director and boy did they milk it.

And let's not forget that Ollie had talked to Leicester whilst manager of QPR (which resulted in them putting him on gardening leave).

So what chance Plymouth holding on to him.

The upcoming 8 million pound firesale was the perfect excuse to leave.

He was never "driven away".

He was always going to go to Leicester once they came calling.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:54 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Rickler wrote:
A "Shyster cnut"

Different rules for Boris.

Like when he was a mod on Pasoti. Amongst other things, he wanted to inform the club of the identity of a certain poster who was supportive of the consortium.

He's had a personal dislike of the consortium. Probably because he wasn't trusted with any of the correct information. I wonder why?

Now Plympton is accusing his mates of deliberately sending out misleading information.

If they did.

And if they didn't then Plympton is telling lies.

Either way not good. It doesn't get much worse than that, does it? At least it validates my "shyster cnuts" comment, I suppose, so it isn't all bad.

With people like him "helping" and openly claiming to be be dishonest and deceitful is it any wonder they failed so abysmally?

Do you see what I mean about how squalid their campaign was?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:14 pm

This from someone who used a multi on Pasoti, to try and get people banned, until he was found out.

No, you weren't sent any correct information. Because you could not be trusted.

You desperately wanted to be 'on the inside' but people could not trust you, so you were excluded, hence your paranoid hatred of anyone involved.

No matter how you spin it, you are wrong.

Totally and completely. No doubt about it whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:20 pm

It'll be interesting to see how much they spend/strengthen and where they finish next season albino
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:23 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
This from someone who used a multi on Pasoti, to try and get people banned, until he was found out.

No, you weren't sent any correct information. Because you could not be trusted.

You desperately wanted to be 'on the inside' but people could not trust you, so you were excluded, hence your paranoid hatred of anyone involved.

No matter how you spin it, you are wrong.

Totally and completely. No doubt about it whatsoever.

There you go again: accusing your people of sending out false information.

Either you are fibbing or they were. That's not spin: there's no other possible interpretation.

By the way there is a hugely significant detail that you don't know that completely invalidates your point in this post.

Still carry on.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Amster follows Angers, Ricks follows Sir Frank. Night follows day. It's a basic law of gravity or something clever.
What that has to do with the racist Tisdale, I have no idea ?

And you follow me.

Clearly from your ramblings there's many things you have no idea about.  Obviously like the word "shyster" having negative connotations to many Jewish People.  

Sir Frank needs correcting an awful lot of the time.  You aren't going to do it, so I and others will.  You seem to think he should get a free ride for some strange reason?

If Tis had used the word Shyster and you'd known of its offensiveness, you'd be throwing your toys out of the pram and threatening to leave yet again.
Back to top Go down

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 7:21 am

I hope the mods will warn all these posters "following each other?" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 7:39 am

Stalking more like it!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 7:50 am

Thought not.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 8:28 am

What ever.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:46 am

As alex ferguson used to say, finish above arsenal and youll probably win the league.
Spurs have f#cked it up big time.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 10:26 am

Pleased for Wenger, he's took some unwarranted grief imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lester. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lester.   Lester. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lester.
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8