+2
SteelCannon
Tgwu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE Empty
PostSubject: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Plans to tackle problem parking around Plymouth Life Centre

Plymouth City Council is planning to introduce a package of measures to tackle inconsiderate and dangerous parking around the Plymouth Life Centre.

There have been ongoing problems with vehicles being left around the edge of the Life Centre car park, outside the marked bays and on kerbs, which obstructs access for other drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

Vehicles are often found parked along the side of the building (near Home Park), blocking access for emergency vehicles and restricting access to the disabled parking bays.

People also park in the Life Centre car park for long periods of time when they aren’t visiting the Life Centre, meaning paying customers aren’t able to use it.

This is despite the fact that there is an 800-space public car park right next to the Life Centre, which is free to use.

To help tackle these problems the Council plans to implement an off-street order covering the car park and a Traffic Regulation Order covering the road between the Life Centre and Home Park.

When the orders come into force anyone who does not park in a designated bay will risk being issued with a penalty charge notice of £70 (reduced to £35 if paid within 28 days).

A rotation system is also being proposed for the Life Centre car park, with a maximum stay of two hours and no return for two hours. Life Centre customers will be able to register their vehicle for a longer stay if needed.

These measures will complement a number of improvements made following a recent road safety audit, including new bollards along Mayflower Drive and the restriction of parking along the Mayflower Drive loading bay.

Deputy Council Leader Peter Smith said: “The Plymouth Life Centre is hugely popular and it’s important to ensure the safety of customers using the centre as well as visitors to Home Park and Central Park as a whole. We are consulting with members of the public on the measures, which should significantly improve safety and access in this busy area.”

For full details of the proposals and how to share your views see the public notices on site and in the Herald or visit 1st Stop in New George Street. The deadline for comments is Monday 1 February.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:10 am

Fair enough....so are Life Centre users then going avoid using the Home Park car park on matchdays? Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:16 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Fair enough....so are Life Centre users then going avoid using the Home Park car park on matchdays? Ridiculous.

Why should they? it not exclusiely for Argyle, it a general car park for all park users and the park and ride, I would put a £5 charge on match days and the money raised going to the park repair fund.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:40 am

The life centre lot have been trying to get this sorted since day one, they need putting in their place.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:49 am

It was the council that fu*ked it up, They even try to change the main car park to pay and display to help Mr Brent out with his carpark
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 am

Tgwu wrote:
It was the council that fu*ked it up, They even try to change the main car park to pay and display to help Mr Brent out with his carpark

A big thank you to Leigh Rapson for blocking that move.

P@soti sponsors winning the WOR again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:03 am

SteelCannon wrote:

Home Park car park? You can only get into that on match days if you have a match day parking pass.

If you mean the big car park at the Devonport End, that's a public car park, and anyone can park there.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:07 pm

I have to admit sitting on the wall having a burger before the Yeovil match (too late for the pasty vans again) I was surprised to see folk driving up and parking right opposite the main entrance, it really offended my English sense of fair play when at that time you have to park "miles" away.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Home Park car park? You can only get into that on match days if you have a match day parking pass.

If you mean the big car park at the Devonport End, that's a public car park, and anyone can park there.

Sorry yes, I should have been more clear. I meant the main one outside the Devonport end. My point also is, some time ago when they 'tried' to stop people parking in the Life Centre by putting bouncers there, their argument was that the car park was for Life Centre clients. I pointed out the the park and ride car park had Life Centre customers as well so what difference did it make? They weren't able to answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:51 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Sorry yes, I should have been more clear. I meant the main one outside the Devonport end. My point also is, some time ago when they 'tried' to stop people parking in the Life Centre by putting bouncers there, their argument was that the car park was for Life Centre clients. I pointed out the the park and ride car park had Life Centre customers as well so what difference did it make? They weren't able to answer.

Probably didn't understand you. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:40 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
I meant the main one outside the Devonport end. My point also is, some time ago when they 'tried' to stop people parking in the Life Centre by putting bouncers there, their argument was that the car park was for Life Centre clients. I pointed out the the park and ride car park had Life Centre customers as well so what difference did it make? They weren't able to answer.

Typical selfish football fan.
I bet you would have a different opinion if you were an inner city resident and had your resident's parking space nicked by some selfish twerp on a quick soiree, or a day's work. Parking restrictions are introduced for the good of the local community and so that public facilities can function.
I have never understood those people who are too lazy to walk half a mile to a game.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 pm

I have never understood those who cannot walk into a fitness centre....presumably they're fit?

And it's a public car park. Not a residential street.

Also, you completely miss what I'm getting at. They say it's for LC users. Ok. So why, then do some park round the other side?

There is a football game on 23 days a year. That leaves ALL the other days free! It amazes me how people have things/live near a football stadium and expect people won't drive there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:27 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

Also, you  completely miss what I'm getting at. They say it's for LC users. Ok. So why, then do some park round the other side?

No I haven't. I understand precisely what you're saying......"feck you".
Who parks in another Central Park car park has nothing whatsoever to do with who parks in the Life Centre car park. Totally different management. And do you park in disabled parking places because some disabled folk park in normal bays ? Fairytale logic.

Gawd knows how Brent thought his proposed mad paying underground car park was going to work. The same sort of trouble used to happen in two private car parks on Outland Rd every match day until people were warned and then clamped.

It's such selfish attitudes as yours that will ultimately force the Life Centre to fine miss use when no form of LC customer ticket is displayed. Some people just refuse to be communal unless forced to be so. Sad.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 1:49 am

Lord Biro, why do you consider it selfish to drive to the game? So in your eyes, if I'm visiting the LC for a spot of Badminton for an hour (a leisure activity), it would be considered ok to park up there, but if I'm visiting for an Argyle game (a leisure activity), it's not? That's the vibe I'm picking up from you. Why does your reason for your visit to Central Park matter, whether for Argyle or for the LC?

And for your infomation, I have never parked in a disabled bay, but I understand the point you're trying to make. However, if a disabled person parks in a regular space then I would question why the facility exists because then they're just blocking a regular space for someone else who then has to use somewhere else unnecessarily. That's the point I'm making. IF the LC parking is to be for LC customers - fine, fair enough. I'm not against it per-se, but then USE the damn things and leave the spaces round the other side in the P&R for someone else. All that will happen if they enforce this, is there will be plenty of empty spaces in the LC on a matchday, meaning more congestion out on the roads and nearby streets. Makes no sense. 23 afternoons/evenings a year....that's all it is.

I usually get to the ground around 13:30. At that time of day there is plenty of room. If there's not, then yes, I will look elsewhere. I will NOT be one of these people who 'invent' their own space by using the kerbs/verges etc. Those are the selfish people so I'd thank you to target the 'selfish' analogy for people such as them. There is nothing selfish about using a regular space, either at the ground, in the Life Centre or anywhere else if it's legal to do so, and at the moment there are no restrictions in the LC so I will continue to use it.

I don't care about having to park further away and walking to the ground, done it loads of times. I used to walk in when I lived in Devonport - it aint about that, it's about getting home afterwards. I'm not one of these people who leave a game 5 mins early to be first on the bus and first in the queue at the fish and chip shop. I live in Cattedown now, so parking in the LC means I can turn left towards town with relative ease. In the P&R car park, most people want to turn right on Outland Road heading towards Crownhill. Now the central exit lane in that car park has both a left and right lane.....but only once you get to it! The lane feeding left is usually empty. Once you manage to get through the bottleneck then you can zomp down it no problem, but you have to get there first which can take upwards of half an hour. From the LC, I can be up in the car from the Devonport End in 5 minutes, and heading out past Milehouse depot just two minutes later.

Egress from the P&R after a game is a shambles and needs major reorganising. It used to be a lot better when it was first in/first out before it was modernised. I actually used it today, but only because I was there early and got a space near the exit lane. The selfish ones here are those who get there late, and 'invent' spaces at the end of a corner block and then don't come back to the car right away, meaning you're blocked in - which happened to me at the Cambridge game....but does any traffic/parking management take place here like it will in the LC? No....because we're just 'selfish football fans' who don't matter.

Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 2:00 am

I should also probably mention that my wife to be has been very sick for about six months after recovering from major surgery...but as it's not a permanent problem she does not qualify for a blue badge. As such she cannot walk very far without discomfort - hence the need for the car to be reasonably close after a game as she cannot venture very far on foot.

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:07 am

May I suggest that if there is a parking problem around the life centre maybe the trust look into it and find a solution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:27 am

SteelCannon wrote:
All that will happen if they enforce this, is there will be plenty of empty spaces in the LC on a matchday, meaning more congestion out on the roads and nearby streets. Makes no sense. 23 afternoons/evenings a year....that's all it is.

I usually get to the ground around 13:30. At that time of day there is plenty of room. If there's not, then yes, I will look elsewhere. I will NOT be one of these people who 'invent' their own space by using the kerbs/verges etc. Those are the selfish people so I'd thank you to target the 'selfish' analogy for people such as them. There is nothing selfish about using a regular space, either at the ground, in the Life Centre or anywhere else if it's legal to do so, and at the moment there are no restrictions in the LC so I will continue to use it.

Laughing With regard to the emboldened bit, that's the whole point....... available parking as and when people turn up to use the Life Centre. Not taken up by squatting non customers at the football club for half the day. If I did such a thing in a clearly marked LC car park, I would feel rather guilty, but not so others, it would seem.

And I would suggest for those that need to be near the ground for whatever reason before their feet take the strain of life, there's plenty of public transport and taxis available that discharge many fans every Saturday, be they infirm or rather squiffy from a pre-match lunchtime session. And here's a novel idea, get friends/family to drop you off/pick you up.  After all, it's only a few times a year, and you'd be home in time for tea, as Enid Blyton used to say. 
Maybe the AFT could ask Starnes for a few parking spaces . There has long been an amusing kerfuffle over which fans qualify for executive treatment, and I'm sure the AFT's new critical friend policy would be seen as in your favour. If I were Brenty, I'd give you a space tomorrow. And Bob. You're both doing him a fine job. You could offer to paint in your own initials yourselves.Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:57 am

Have to agree with SC on this, the life centre was built using public funds on public ground hence public car park. Why shouldnt the LC patrons time their use to avoid the 23 matches played at home, it leaves another 342 days with no conflict. If I did train at the LC I would go before or after the football in any case.
I'm in the same position as your missus SC, not blue badge holder but can't walk far, the advice I was given by the clubs disability officer (hi you coont) turn up earlier. Obviously assuming that crips like me don't need to work.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 am

Quite aware there are taxis and buses etc. But I don't pay for the use of a car to have it sit outside the house. If you feel guilty for parking in the LC well then, that's your perogative. As Amsterdamge says, it was built with public money and it is for all intents and purposes...a public car park. You think that everyone who parks there doesn't go into Central Park with the dogs or kids? Have a look on a non match day in the summer! As for getting my own space via the AFT....well, you gave me a laugh at least! Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 am

This subject leads very nicely back to the problem of fans turning up early to ensure they can park somewhere and then having no where to go. Where is the new supporter's club that was promised? There are no signs of anything happening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:30 pm

I would have thought the parking in Peverell in the residential areas that piss locals off is more pressing a concern to address.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:54 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Quite aware there are taxis and buses etc. But I don't pay for the use of a car to have it sit outside the house.  

clown I just knew you were one of those. Nothing personal SC, but some car users think they can do what they like in their car. There's a world outside our tin boxes. I know someone that drives 200 yards up his street to collect a newspaper. Bless.

As it happens, this matter brings us onto the whole subject of Brent and his plans for HHP, A, B, or C. The whole thing has to function, or it will be a pig's ear  pig  pig  pig
There's thousands of football fans who troop into the park once a fortnigh,  moaning about those regular users who do use and value it, as freaks and weirdos. Bleddy dogwalkers etc etc . Half of these fans would cheerfully concrete over the whole lot if they could. It's a park, and Argyle are but one tenant of the council within that park, and that business has never adequately sorted or paid for correct traffic management while running that business..

And in fact, Jimmy's ludicrous plan A didn't even get to the real nitty gritty of parking and traffic flows through the park and out onto Outand Road. That was still to be decided and shrouded in mystery.  And the recent Green Taverners dodgy bodged attempt to put yet another park field under the tyre is just one example of how much contempt with which the present football club and many of it's fans hold the park. The attitude was never as bad as it is now. That GT planning application was shameful. No wonder the council are fed up and seem to be deciding to do something about it at last. I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteer LC spotters to help out the ticket issuing people. A worthy cause indeed.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Signs at both entrances

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Quite aware there are taxis and buses etc. But I don't pay for the use of a car to have it sit outside the house.  

clown I just knew you were one of those. Nothing personal SC, but some car users think they can do what they like in their car. There's a world outside our tin boxes. I know someone that drives 200 yards up his street to collect a newspaper. Bless.

As it happens, this matter brings us onto the whole subject of Brent and his plans for HHP, A, B, or C. The whole thing has to function, or it will be a pig's ear  pig  pig  pig
There's thousands of football fans who troop into the park once a fortnigh,  moaning about those regular users who do use and value it, as as freaks and weirdos. Half of these fans would cheerfully concrete over the whole lot if they could. It's a park, and Argyle are but one tenant of the council within that park, and that business has never adequately sorted or paid for correct traffic management.

And in fact, Jimmy's ludicrous plan A didn't even get to the real nitty gritty of parking and traffic flows through the park and out onto Outand Road. That was still to be decided and shrouded in mystery.  And the Green Taverners dodgy bodged attempt to put yet another park field under the tyre is just one example of how much contempt with which the present football club and many of it's fans hold the park. So, so different than the old club. That GT planning application was shameful, and intended as a loss leader. No wonder the council are fed up and seem to be deciding to do something about it at last. I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteer LC spotters to help out the ticket issuing people. A worthy cause indeed.

Well said, the fines could go to help pay for the repair and the rubbish that the fans causes making their way though the park
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

There's thousands of football fans who troop into the park once a fortnigh,  moaning about those regular users who do use and value it, as freaks and weirdos. Bleddy dogwalkers etc etc . Half of these fans would cheerfully concrete over the whole lot if they could. It's a park, and Argyle are but one tenant of the council within that park, and that business has never adequately sorted or paid for correct traffic management while running that business..

And in fact, Jimmy's ludicrous plan A didn't even get to the real nitty gritty of parking and traffic flows through the park and out onto Outand Road. That was still to be decided and shrouded in mystery.  And the recent Green Taverners dodgy bodged attempt to put yet another park field under the tyre is just one example of how much contempt with which the present football club and many of it's fans hold the park. The attitude was never as bad as it is now. That GT planning application was shameful. No wonder the council are fed up and seem to be deciding to do something about it at last. I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteer LC spotters to help out the ticket issuing people. A worthy cause indeed.

I do get you with the car obsession but if I'm reading you right then you seem to think that the life centre car users and park user car users have more right to park in the park than the football users, I personally don't see the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE Empty

Back to top Go down

WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next