PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:17 pm

the pitch still looks a bit dodgy.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
How does that Pedlar on the Farm manage to produce a Synopsis of the Game 6 minutes before it finished in real time
To get straight to the Nitty Gritty the competion amongst the Uber Nerds is Fierce, Cobi is a badged up supercoach, pasoti paven has won the champions league on his play station a record sixteen times in a row! Jose Pedlar has to be quick with these young guns around.

lol!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:33 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

As a man of the turf lawny what's your considered opinion, has the algae been eradicated and it's just a case of waiting for the grass to reseed or does it look more serious than that?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:33 pm

I was there today. First game since Tranmere end of last season (also 3-2). First half we looked by far the better team although Stevenage were terrible. I don't know what DA's half time time talk was like but start of the 2nd we turned to complete rat shit. Stevenage just making those 2 changes in attack at HT shouldn't have thrown us that much. Their 2nd goal was inevitable. Eventually we got back in it again and finiished the half strongest. I have my doubts this team is capable of promotion.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Freathy wrote:
I was there today.  First game since Tranmere end of last season (also 3-2).  First half we looked by far the better team although Stevenage were terrible.   I don't know what DA's half time time talk was like but start of the 2nd we turned to complete rat shit.  Stevenage just making those 2 changes in attack at HT shouldn't have thrown us that much.  Their 2nd goal was inevitable.  Eventually we got back in it again and finiished the half strongest.  I have my doubts this team is capable of promotion.

Geddon. Brent's personal thankyou letter for contributing to his pension pot is in the post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
I was there today.  First game since Tranmere end of last season (also 3-2).  First half we looked by far the better team although Stevenage were terrible.   I don't know what DA's half time time talk was like but start of the 2nd we turned to complete rat shit.  Stevenage just making those 2 changes in attack at HT shouldn't have thrown us that much.  Their 2nd goal was inevitable.  Eventually we got back in it again and finiished the half strongest.  I have my doubts this team is capable of promotion.

Get the fcuk out of here jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Xthrobbers new signature should read "I go to nearly as many games as Freathy".
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:44 pm

Geddon jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:46 pm

are you Wankspasm in disguise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:57 pm

good first half couldn't fault it really entertaining stuff. second half i think we lapsed in urgency to keep going and stevenage took advantage of that.

good win for us reid worked hard and i feel he is worth playing in the Jervis role for the next game which would allow Brunt to play up front if those two could link well it might be n interesting partnership.
no one really had any faults all played well especially Wylde and McHugh, tanner was is lively self. supprised forster didn't come on in truth.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

As a man of the turf lawny what's your considered opinion, has the algae been eradicated and it's just a case of waiting for the grass to reseed or does it look more serious than that?

The algae looks to of been eradicated but has left a threadbare pitch that looks thin. The problem with the pitch is its like a women. Very high maintenance and needs to be looked after with the following. high levels of uv, heat +10c, feed and water to look really good. Water is not a issue for us at the momemt its the very low levels of uv and heat that are the main problems we have. Most prem clubs have mobile self driven uv lights that help to keep the pitch looking good and most have good undersoil heating. Sadly we have no heating and no uv lamps because they cost money we aint got. But with some sunny days and a bit more heat (+10c) we should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:21 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

The algae looks to of been eradicated but has left a threadbare pitch that looks thin. The problem with the pitch is its like a women. Very high maintenance and needs to be looked after with the following. high levels of uv, heat +10c, feed and water to look really good. Water is not a issue for us at the momemt its the very low levels of uv and heat that are the main problems we have. Most prem clubs have mobile self driven uv lights that help to keep the pitch looking good and most have good undersoil heating. Sadly we have no heating and no uv lamps because they cost money we aint got. But with some sunny days and a bit more heat (+10c) we should be ok.

You certainly know how to treat a woman you old smoothie you.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:45 pm

thanks lesmis. thats what they all say............

Ive never met a women yet turn down a holiday in a very hot and sunny location with plenty of fine food.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:48 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

Ive never met a women yet turn down a holiday in a very hot and sunny location with plenty of fine food.

But how do they react when you get the Flymo out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Entertaining game, second half showed how pedestrian our defence can be with speedy attackers, we've been caught out before with that type of forward, but up and onwards we go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Homeslice wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

they normally reply I've never seen a flymo that big before........ come hear big boy lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:51 pm

I thought that we were comfortably the better team but, for reasons known only to themselves, the players seemed to forget that for 15-20 mins at the start of the 2nd half. Surprised Stevenage are so low - seen worse teams at HP so far this season.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Watching Argyle and football in general is nothing if not unpredictable, at half time I thought they were dead and buried and we'd come out and totally muller them second half, obviously we ended up limping over the line. Still, 3 points is 3 points. A word on the attendance, given as 9546, 300 more than tuesday night, not having that, the Stevenage fans came in a taxi and the Lyndhurst wasn't as busy as for the Northamptom game. They must've counted the 2100 freebies they'd doled out even if they weren't actually used.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Freathy wrote:

Goin' Rowvers bhey ? cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:36 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Watching Argyle and football in general is nothing if not unpredictable, at half time I thought they were dead and buried and we'd come out and totally muller them second half, obviously we ended up limping over the line. Still, 3 points is 3 points. A word on the attendance, given as 9546, 300 more than tuesday night, not having that, the Stevenage fans came in a taxi and the Lyndhurst wasn't as busy as for the Northamptom game. They must've counted the 2100 freebies they'd doled out even if they weren't actually used.

I'd go along with that attendance. Two or three blocks (18 19 20?) that were unused for the N'ton game, were full of the kids today. That would have made a big difference.

Good move by the club actually and the yoof got to see all three goals up close. At least it'll look decent on the telly to have that area of the ground actually inhabited for once. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

I'd go along with that attendance. Two or three blocks (18 19 20?) that were unused for the N'ton game, were full of the kids today. That would have made a big difference.

Good move by the club actually and the yoof got to see all three goals up close. At least it'll look decent on the telly to have that area of the ground actually inhabited for once. Very Happy

Fair dinkum. Hope a few of the kids got the bug, poor little feckers !!!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Homeslice wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

You say to them ''Do you wanna sit on my ride-on?''
Never fails! Cool
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 1:11 am

Freathy wrote:

So you had piefaces ticket....... study
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 1:16 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Goin' Rowvers bhey ?   cheers

Sold out by christ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 am

Freathy wrote:

Geddon Freathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage  Match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage Match day thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next