HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sheridan leaving newport ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Sheridan leaving newport ? Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Notts co alledgedly after him.....also critical of groundsman after cup tie called off at last minute. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:53 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35271820

i can see those sad acts offering the password to the twitter account soon. i think he wants out of there and would walk to notts county on broke glass if they offer him the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:30 pm

i think he better make his peace with newport staff now as the notts job has gone to another
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:07 pm

I have to say, that's not the most friendly comment to members of your own staff, who can't publicly answer back for fear of losing their job. I can't remember him saying similar down here.

I still think he did a good playing job down here, after the talentless exceptional gentleman, but his experience down here with the prevalent snidey culture might have  embittered him. Poison spreads easily on the undersole in this climate, even across bridges. Would he have been so publicly candid here with the Home Park algae thing ? I doubt it, and yet he is now 120 miles nearer home.

There comes a time where you have to accept you're a travelling worker, and sometimes the work is not to your liking. Ether that, or do something else.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:23 pm

I remember Pulis slagged the board off when he was manager at Argyle after an evening game was called off and virtually said that the club was being run as an amateur outfit rather than one in the championship. It had the desired effect when that big pitch cover was purchased -is that still with us BTW?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Probably in the flag locker.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

This is the sort of character Shez is though. He doesn't suffer fools. He was obviously pissed off enough about it to want to publicly embarrass the groundsman.

That said, whether enough was done or not, you gotta feel for the groundsman. Gotta be a thankless task even trying to prepare and maintain a pitch in South Wales that has football and rugby played on it, with the deluge we've had the last couple of months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I remember Pulis slagged the board off when he was manager at Argyle after an evening game was called off and virtually said that the club was being run as an amateur outfit rather than one in the championship. It had the desired effect when that big pitch cover was purchased -is that still with us BTW?

Also shamed the youth setup at the club too and the club made wholesale changes and rightly so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Pulis was a totally different animal though, and he didn't attack individual lowly members of staff, he attacked the Board of directors head on. And I agreed with every word he said. He dragged the club kicking and screaming. That pitch cover was well overdue. And credit to that Board, they admitted their failings and duly changed things, which set up the whole Holloway positivity thing.
Maybe the old pitch cover is now the Taverner tent. No mud slinging in those fanfests. It's all rainbows, pasties, and dodgy salutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Pulis was a totally different animal though, and he didn't attack individual lowly members of staff, he attacked the Board of directors head on. And I agreed with every word he said. He dragged the club kicking and screaming. That pitch cover was well overdue. And credit to that Board, they admitted their failings and duly changed things, which set up the whole Holloway positivity thing.
Maybe the old pitch cover is now the Taverner tent. No mud slinging in those fanfests. It's all rainbows, pasties, and dodgy salutes.

stuart gibson?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:12 pm

I think there was some personal chemistry going on there.
All bets are off when that happens. regardless of employment hierarchies, bare knuckles on either side, sod the Marquis. May the best animal win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan leaving newport ?   Sheridan leaving newport ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan leaving newport ?
Page 1 of 1