The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leaving la vida loka

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Leaving la vida loka Empty
PostSubject: Leaving la vida loka   Leaving la vida loka EmptyThu Feb 22, 2024 2:22 pm

The non singing Ricky Martin has been sacked as Technical Director by Stoke City which raises a question or two:

Will Dewsnip replace him?

Will Schoe-e want him to?

Would Hallett let him go without a fight?

Would it be a disaster if Dewsnip left?

Will it all go quiet for three months while Dewsnip works his notice?

Will Dewsnip be sent on gardening leave?

If you lose your DoF who is in charge of finding a replacement?

Has succession planning been done for the DoF role?

Will Roy Hodgson be doing a Sinatra and making another comeback?

Off field certainly seems more entertaining than on field atm.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Leaving la vida loka   Leaving la vida loka EmptyThu Feb 22, 2024 4:20 pm

well it wouldnt be worth anyone joining schuey as his job isnt safe at the moment and if stoke dont have a strong finish i wouldnt be shocked if they sacked him due to fans starting to turn on him.

If Dewsnip did leave to go there he can go however the club should not accept his resignation and insist stoke pay compensation for him to go ie stick him on gardening leave.
Dewsnip has done a very good job not so much with what hes put in place this season but never the less he has done very well here but i feel the club is in need of a fresh approach and someone who actually knows this level of football and what is needed to be a success in it and not someone living off youth achievements 10 plus years ago i dont believe Dewsnip will be kept around long term especially if Foster is sacked at somepoint down the road.

edited to add

ricky martin was in charge of transfers at stoke so if there was someone being lined up from here on reflection its probably be jimmy dickinson our head of recruitment. If this is the case same rules apply to him no accepting his resignation stick him on gardening leave make stoke pay up and his files on players scouted are handed over first.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Leaving la vida loka   Leaving la vida loka EmptyThu Feb 22, 2024 7:28 pm

I actually thought Dewsnip would go to Stoke the same time as shumacher. Clearly shumacher has gone blubbing to Coates that if he works with his old DOF again everything will be fine. Stoke and schumacher are desperate for things to improve there so they'll try just about anything including poaching dewsnip.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Leaving la vida loka   Leaving la vida loka EmptyThu Feb 22, 2024 9:09 pm

Freathy wrote:
I actually thought Dewsnip would go to Stoke the same time as shumacher.  Clearly shumacher has gone blubbing to Coates that if he works with his old DOF again everything will be fine.  Stoke and schumacher are desperate  for things to improve there so they'll try just about anything including poaching dewsnip.

i cant see stoke agreeing to it unless they see a role for him beyond schumacher which i dont see dewsnip having so they may look to go elsewhere. They appointed someone from the outside in anycase on an interim basis which tells me they are waiting for someone's contract to expiry and make a perm appointment in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving la vida loka   Leaving la vida loka Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving la vida loka
Page 1 of 1