The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenMill

Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine Empty
PostSubject: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 am

Green tints firmly on!

As the title says - assuming they can stay red-card and injury free (big assumption I know) - but those three give us a strong spine to the team which has been missing all season. And not just on the pitch but, as importantly, in the dressing room.

My 13 year old son and I went to the Oxford game. He pointed out that our two forwards that night were only 3 years older than him and that they were probably up past their bedtime, like he was...

Indeed the 'spine' of the team that night was an average age of 17.5 years, I think Very Happy - well not much more than that I'm sure...

Anyway, I think Wotton is a great signing. And given the limited budget we have, I would rather use it on experienced players who will scrap and fight to safety on the pitch, than on a very experienced but no doubt expensive 'mentor' who can only influence things so much off the pitch. Although, if we can afford both, then great.

I think we might even now get a point or two from the next three games - which frankly I didn't expect.

I have always said we would stay up - albeit by the skin of our teeth. Wotton to score penalty in last minute of last match to secure safety?

2-1 on Saturday. Come on you Greens!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:28 am

A strong spine (and a strong dressing room) is what we have been crying out for. If the 3 amigos can get the youngsters to run around for them then we might be in business.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 am

I just pray it's not yet another case of the heart ruling the head.

Bleeding green and Geddon Janner is all very well and emotional but if he's as bad as the Yeovil fans seem to suggest, it will all end in tears. Burnley all over again ?
This would appear to be the last throw of the dice for PAFC as a football league club.

I hope it's enough but I wouldn't put much money on it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 am

I would have thought Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = Lots of pies
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:59 am

Due to BSE spine is no longer, officially, allowed in meat pies, but I think it cannot make us any worse. At least Wotts cares about the club, let's see what occurs tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:19 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I would have thought Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = Lots of pies

Unless Trigger ate them all !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:09 am

I've spoken to Wotton a few times and had a round of golf with the fella, you can't fault his passion and genuine desire for Argyle to do well, but I see an awful lot of use for the subs coming on to replace him after a short period of time. I'm all in favour of a few old heads being introduced, but not these old heads.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:18 am

I think he'll do a job this season, if only adding a bit of steel to the midfield, but for me, there is still a major weakness in that there is no pace and no creativity in the middle of the park.

To be perfectly honest, these signings have done very little to inspire me into thinking that we can avoid relegation.

Look how far we've come. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:40 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I think he'll do a job this season, if only adding a bit of steel to the midfield, but for me, there is still a major weakness in that there is no pace and no creativity in the middle of the park.

To be perfectly honest, these signings have done very little to inspire me into thinking that we can avoid relegation.

Look how far we've come
. Rolling Eyes

And no indication that Brent or Fletcher have any decent contacts in the game.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:46 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Look how far we've come
. Rolling Eyes

They've got that hard working gentleman, Peter Ridsdale !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:47 am

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Look how far we've come
. Rolling Eyes

They've got that hard working gentleman, Peter Ridsdale !

I thought he was ferkin northern numpty?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

The Pukka Pies Trio.

I expect a result tomorrow now, dead cat bounce if you like. The proof will be if these three can keep on the pitch, remain fit enough and push the youngsters to produce results.

Our defence is as leaky as a basket still, even with Purse. And 'Wunderkind' Hemmings, is not the class above I thought he was.

Time will tell, but I am 'cautiously optimistic'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine   Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine Empty

Back to top Go down

Purse + Wotton + Chadwick = strong spine
Page 1 of 1