Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)

Go down 
+23
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
Reggie G
harvetheslayer
Rickler
AstiSpumante
zyph
PlymptonPilgrim
Dick Trickle
Sir Francis Drake
Rollo Tomasi
Elias
SteelCannon
Chemical Ali
jabba the gut ecfc
RegGreen
Les Miserable
green_genie
argyl3
Czarcasm
Tgwu
lawnmowerman
mouldyoldgoat
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
I couldn't agree more Hugh. Like it or not, the middle ground has won the argument these last 50 years.

I'm expecting SFD to come along any moment soon to mention the percentage of the vote etc, etc.

By and large though, the difference between all the Prime Ministers have been minimal.

Which is why Corbyn is such a change in policy that it isn't going to happen.

I see the two main parties in France ganged up on the Front National and have squeezed them out (for the time). The status quo must be observed.

There will come a time when the Left and the Right will have their day. Just not yet though.

I'd say the consensus has shifted to the right rather than the centre winning, but I think we're on the same page. I mean Blair and Cameron different sides of the same coin.

Corbyn won a democratic leadership competion to be fair, however he has no chance in a general election as he is 1. supported by students who probably won't bother to vote for him when it counts, 2. The victim of particularly vicious media abuse and 3. A shit opposition leader.

I would disagree on the private v state argument on anecdotal evidence. My local council used to employ a friend of mine as an in house lawyer which under the new thinking was deemed a luxury, so they made him redundant. So they now spend a small fortune with a firm that isnt even local.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
That's you told Czar.....get to the back of the class you silly boy!

Very Happy

To be honest I wasn't trying to make any sort of political statement; merely giving a 'troops on the ground' précis of an actual real life scenario.

Right, I'm off to detention now....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 7:17 pm

I've mixed views on 11+, I passed it in 1960 and went to Widey, I was top dog at primary school, I was in a group of top dogs at Widey, I subsequently fell by the wayside, partly because of being taught by "old school teachers" who didn't tolerate being asked "Why" but mostly my own fault.
Not sure whether that was a fault of the system or me being a prat and I'm still not convinced either way
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 7:30 am

Signs set to go up at Plymouth's new coach station as opening day approaches

With just over two weeks until it opens, signs are ready to go up pointing people towards Plymouth's new £4.85million coach station.

Planners are currently poring over the details of signage planned for the site.

The council is expected to rubber-stamp the official plans by the end of the month, as work draws to a close. (Local rag)

I have brought this post up because the pig-master has bet a poster on the farm that Brentonside will have a delay.

Biggs

It's annoying but I can't help but feel 1) that location is far better for cinemas and restaurants than Central Park, and 2) Higher Home Park wouldn't have happened anyway.

pig

I agree on the first, but couldn't care less if we (Argyle fans) had our new Grandstand and disagree on the second part.

As for Bretonside going ahead soon, I'll take a £50 bet with you that it won't be.

Anyone can knock things down (as proved enough on here) it's the creation Im talking about.

I heard about a delay from someone from Ryearch and upon hearing it I spoke to someone I know at Amey and they (sort of) confirmed it.

Still got sour grapes because his no bricks boss lost out.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:13 am

If there is a delay it will probably be that something has been found like Asbestos or concrete cancer in the road viaducts. If there is a problem it will get sorted and still open on time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:25 am

I can't help but think that Nooly should have done more to try and scupper the Bretonside development. Who can forget him getting kicked out of the Cherry Tree at the FoCP meeting? Maybe the same tactics would have worked if he had attended the Bretonside planning permission meetings.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:45 am

If you try any of those games at council meetings your out the door very quickly. Remember the planning meeting for the HHp development when fans in the public were reminded many times to be quiet by the meeting chairman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:50 am

Did he throw Bonio to the dogs of war? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:14 am

BBC1 wrote:
Did he throw Bonio to the dogs of war? lol!

If it's edible, it's his.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:30 am

Nool, "couldn't care less if we had a new grandstand?"

WTF?

Let them eat Pasties...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:34 am

Rickler wrote:

WTF?

Let them eat Pasties...

He really is the gift that keeps on giving. The way he behaved towards the Trust when they put forward the alternative proposals, his behaviour at that FoCP meeting...does he genuinely not remember what he did, or is he just a micro-brained moron?

For someone who doesn't care about a new Grandstand, he wasted an awful lot of energy on trying to do his Master's bidding.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:37 am

Not caring if we have a new grandstand must be about the biggest betrayal to the needs of Argyle that there is...

Where is Newell's head at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:40 am

Rickler wrote:
Not caring if we have a new grandstand must be about the biggest betrayal to the needs of Argyle that there is...

According to the powers that be in the GTs..........up James Brent's ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Rickler wrote:

And not just them either mate.
I like to look at the GOS pictures, because they always seem to stick in the odd one or 2 of the directors box each game.
And who is there all the time.... elephant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 10:50 am

BBC1 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Rickler wrote:

And not just them either mate.
I like to look at the GOS pictures, because they always seem to stick in the odd one or 2 of the directors box each game.
And who is there all the time.... elephant

I always wondered why Brent hasn't given Nool his dream position as Associate Director. Where did that rumour come from? Pig
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 10:58 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
If there is a delay it will probably be that something has been found like Asbestos or concrete cancer in the road viaducts. If there is a problem it will get sorted and still open on time.

The developers met SWW couple of months back and were shown the chambers below drop off point which contain penstocks to control flows of meeting of two main sewers from Lipson and Devonport. Suspect that caused a bit of head scratching.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:02 am

With a development of that size there is going to be a few hiccups along the way but it will have a completion date and that will be kept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:04 am

Must have a look again next week at the plans for the new stadium for Truro City FC. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:24 am

What will the bosses of Ryearch and Amey think about the pig master broadcasting this on the web. who would hire  firms who divulges this type of information.

A quote from the local rag Posted: June 09, 2016

Planning permission to transform Bretonside site into a mixed-use leisure destination comprising multiplex cinema and restaurants has already been granted."

As all councillors voted for the closures, the subways can now be closed ahead of the proposed start date of September. It is thought the redevelopment will be open in September 2018
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 3:09 pm

If the Porker has had anyone taking him up on his £50 bet he might as hand over the money now......Picked up my Ex from Bretonside last night and new location and opening date is pinned to every Post warning anyone departing shortly that return coaches will terminate at new location and from whatever date it was in September Pig Pig Pig Pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:48 pm

Rickler wrote:

WTF?

Let them eat Pasties...

Jesus wept. geek
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Seriously whoever is on Freeview have a look at Spike on Channel 31 (on mine) and the name of the Movie about to start at 12.10 lunchtime.......You couldn't make it up !! Pig Pig Pig Pig

There's the clue !!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Porky's?

Goodbye Pork Pie?

Babe: Pig in the city?

Peppa Pig?

Three Little Pigs?

Porky Pig cartoon day?

Animal Farm?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Did Mark Hamill, Helena Bonham-Carter, Kevin Bacon and Jason Statham ever star in a film together?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Boards at Bretonside

It's already progressing further than anything Brent has managed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)   Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bretonside Vs Brentonside (topics Merged)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next