Dick Trickle
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Both the goals were dreadful from a defenders point of view. I mean how much space were they prepared to offer!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Both the goals were dreadful from a defenders point of view. I mean how much space were they prepared to offer!

I think their manager already covered that, particularly Carey's goal. All about stopping him getting the ball on his left peg, CCC standard player v league 2 defenders. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:21 pm

In a funny way, I never really enjoy watching a player far too good for the level he is in, dancing around big chested gym queens. Football's beauty for me is in the fine balance of equally gifted players. It's called REAL competition.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:44 pm

From a neutral perspective that's a fully understandable view, England Vs San Marino is a foregone conclusion which is worth nothing more than part of a full day out sightseeing or whatever takes your fancy. From an Argyle perspective it really should just be enjoyed given the general overall rubbish we've tried to enjoy over the years/decades, knowing it won't last forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Well,all I can say is we've done diddly in L2 with Nelson. We have always been suspect at the back for years with Nelson in the mix.
As soon as a couple of proper players turn up, we're flying. That says everything to me.

OR

- 210 professional appearances at an age where other lads his age are just making their debuts
- First choice defender by the last 4 Argyle managers: Adams, Sheridan, Fletcher and Reid (and at least 3 of them have considerable experience in football management)
- Currently part of a back 4 that has conceded just 11 goals - the best in the Football League (not including teams that have played less than 16 games).
- Part of a defence last season that was only bettered by one other League Two team, and renowned for its effectiveness
- Selected as captain, and recently complimented by the manager fo both his form and maturity, on and off the pitch.
- Getting better with every passing season, improving as the calibre of teammates around him improves.

Which of us two is right?

We also have achieved 'diddly' with Reuben Reid up front in League Two, but I don't think many would consider him an average L2 striker. The lad has had two consecutive 20+ goal seasons. He is a leading player in his position that belongs in the league above, like McCormick, like Hartley, like McHugh, like Boateng, like Carey, like Tanner. And like Nelson. Individually they are among the best players in the divison for their position, and together they make a team that is flying high because collectively, they are better than anything in League Two at the moment.

Boateng, Carey and Tanner have merely sprinkled the midfield magic onto the outstanding quality we all knew we had in other positions. There is a reason that Sawyer aside, Sheridan's defence was left alone by Adams; principally because it was already the best in the division.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Great post EJH
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 5:42 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
ejh wrote:

We've sold one player for money in 4 years FCOL.

That's because no one wanted them. For all the Aviva hype, someone like Nelson for example commands little interest elsewhere. Fans here have got too used to pretty mundane players.
Hourihane was the best of a bad bunch, and he can't hold a candle to Carey. With Carey, we're talking hot property including CCC level, and maybe more. Probably hasn't got, say, Charlie Adam quality, but he'll be in demand, that's for sure. Similar in demand abilities to Norris at his best when he left, yet in the little I've seen, a far better footballer.
Carey is the first real footballer, with a good 7 or 8 years in him, that has landed here in donkeys. We've still got a huge amount to pay off the previous owners yet, so there is bound to be an issue with a new contract negotiation. I will be looking for the first sign of real problems between Brent and Adams around the turn of the year. Adams will know Carey is crucial to his plans when Argyle go up a division, which they will.

And one other thing, maybe Carey and Adams as a double act might appeal to a few bigger clubs willing to spend on contracts Brent is not prepared to pay. Sooner or later, we will come up against the reality of the Brent factor. He's not the investing type, he's a frugal speculator, through and through. And not much speculation either. he just settles for the safest of bets and small % returns. He is in effect a Curtis Nelson of the financial world. Strictly 4th division. He is what he looks like. Bad ears too.

That's about the size of it. The only way PAFC will be able to hold onto DA, will be if the reluctant one is bought out from his non investment by new owners of some cash backed ambition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Morecambe Matchday Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5