Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)

Go down 
+7
Rickler
green_genie
Les Miserable
Tringreen
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
Richard Blight
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) Empty
PostSubject: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:09 pm

I've been a little out of circulation lately with one thing and another. I discovered yesterday that the first club open Q&A is taking place at 10.30 in the tent before the Bristol Rovers game.

I know the club like to keep these meetings quiet so fans don't actually turn up and ask questions but has there been an announcement of this meeting on ATD anywhere? Have the Trust announced it on behalf of the club anywhere?

My apologies if I've just missed it but it strikes me that if I didn't know anything about it considering I keep an eye on here, Free Chat and the Fansfest site; it's highly unlikely many people know about it at all. Especially fans not using the internet.

Anybody hear any announcements before the last home match or during halftime? Not that it's very easy to make out a word anybody says over the sound system at Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Im sure there is a post on Pigsty about it
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:20 pm

It was on the official site 2 weeks ago, but no recent advertising of this-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:26 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Im sure there is a post on Pigsty about it

Never look at it these days! Any news can be picked up much easier here and on Free Chat.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
It was on the official site 2 weeks ago, but no recent advertising of this-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Ali,

again that's a site I rarely look at because any news is usually found on the forums and Facebook pages before to gets on Argyle's site. Even if something does get on there first it's usually everywhere else within minutes.

It's too early for me to get to again as per usual anyway. Pity because some of the outstanding questions might have got asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:08 pm

would it be a crime to get rid of that god awful janner fest and host this q and a in its place just this once so no sad act who goes has to kill 3 hours before the game starts after it ends?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Angry wrote:
would it be a crime to get rid of that god awful janner fest and host this q and a in its place just this once so no sad act who goes has to kill 3 hours before the game starts after it ends?

Those 3 hours have historically been the best part of any home Saturday fixture - in the pub, of course.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Simple reasoning behind the 10.30 start. Only the fanfest zombies and wannabes will be there, in their usual seats, staring blankly and in awe of the fine gentleman.
Geddon James.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

Those 3 hours have historically been the best part of any home Saturday fixture - in the pub, of course.

That's the problem isn't it. We have the Fansfest ( if you can get tickets and it's your cup of tea) or the Britannia ( if you can get in the door) or the Life Centre cafe for a cup of tea. Nothing else within walking distance, once your at the ground!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Why does it have to be within walking distance? You could drive into town or get a cab for a fiver, where there's a will there's a way, if you really wanted to be there, you'd be there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Why does it have to be within walking distance? You could drive into town or get a cab for a fiver, where there's a will there's a way, if you really wanted to be there, you'd be there.

then what for 3 hours?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Pub or the Internet cafe for you nerds.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Whatever floats yer boat. Eat, drink, shop, if you can't find anything to do for a couple of hours in Plymouth before the match I despair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Whatever floats yer boat. Eat, drink, shop, if you can't find anything to do for a couple of hours in Plymouth before the match I despair.

It still makes sense to cancel jannar fest to hold this for me at a decent time. Im sure the dozens who go to watch the exact same show week after week year after year can grin and bear it this one time.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:25 pm

JB has to be in Directors lounge for lunch before it all gets troughed.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:30 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

It still makes sense to cancel jannar fest to hold this for me at a decent time. Im sure the dozens who go to watch the exact same show week after week year after year can grin and bear it this one time.

Not really, the fansfest is very popular among certain types and is always sold out, why should it be cancelled?  It's a far bigger draw than listening to Green Jim refusing to answer any unwelcome questions will ever be.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

You might want to rethink that one..?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Not really, the fansfest is very popular among certain types and is always sold out, why should it be cancelled?  It's a far bigger draw than listening to Green Jim refusing to answer any unwelcome questions will ever be.

certain types yes usually the ones that hate any new changes big or small and anything new at all. Very Happy

dont get me wrong these q and a's are a complete waste of time and anyone going to them whether its at 1030, 1130 or in place of fan fest or even after the game is a fool if they believe they will hear anything other than carefully rehearsed answers to carefully selected questions which dont actually answer the question asked.

I just feel its better to hold them at a time where more people might actually go and attract the ones who might manage to slip in a good question other than "can we have stripes next season? Thanks/OK Thanks/OK " to hold them that early like last season isnt going to attract many

Last edited by Angry on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Rickler wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

You might want to rethink that one..?

You'll need to be more specific, I'm not feelin' ya bro.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Well if you want to drink, you don't want to drive? Or pay a fiver.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Well he presumably drives to the ground so I'd imagine in Richards case drinking is out of the question, even though he mentioned the fansfest and the Brit. There's plenty of other things to do in Britain's biggest village though.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Actually Les Miserable, firstly I'm on duty Friday night and could be out half the night,so I might be still asleep when the meeting starts. 2nd I usually come down with a mate and his dad. His dad is in his mid eighties and isn't very well. What do we do with him all that time? It's bad enough not having anywhere to take him when we do arrive. The fansfest is too loud for him and by the time we get to the Britannia there is frequently nowhere for him to sit. Our travel arrangements are a little complicated and usually involve 4 people. To turn up for a meeting at 10.30 mucks up the whole day and evening for all 4 people not just me. The others aren't going to come down 3 hours earlier than normal just so I can ask some questions that I'm highly unlikely to get satisfactory answers to. If I'm not out half the night I could drive down by myself but that mucks up our social arrangements for the evening and I'm not doing that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 pm

I sympathise with your extensive list of difficulties Richard Blight although I suspect many others have similar hurdles to overcome but are more prepared to tweak their routine in order to attend the Q and A than you appear to be. As I said earlier, if you really wanted to be there, you'd be there.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:36 am

"if you really wanted to be there" kinel Lez, give him a break, I would rather help out friends than listen to JB.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:51 am

From the attendance figures at these Q & A's it's pretty obvious that very few people "tweak "their routines. From memory less than 60 people turned up to the last one. That's less than one in every 100 fans. I did my fair share of going a long way out of my way to attend various meetings etc while I was on the Trust thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)   Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum) Empty

Back to top Go down

Have I missed this? (Argyle Fans' Forum)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next