tigertony
Dick Trickle
seadog
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Woke up feeling grand today.
Have just been informed the public toll gate down at PA has been spruced up with a bit of paint. Mother always told me, if in doubt, sit tight and the tooth faeries always turn up. How right she was. Apparently there were lots of them, all thanks to the DAFT. Happened weeks ago apparently. Must go and have a look.
Wondered if a beard might suit me. Need more toothpaste.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 6:09 am

Had some very agreeable marmalade on toast for breakfast this morning, Fortnums is definitely the best.
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Had to work a few hours this weekend. It really is becoming tiresome. That awful man I befriended some while ago at work really is becoming a pest. He keeps on turning up in the most god forsaken places, grinning and waving at me. I'm not sure how to get rid of him.
On the whole things are looking up. Got my Twickers freebies. Really looking forward to some proper rugger.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Sunday: always my favourite day. At last a break from having to deal with the great unwashed. Have you seen the travel club? The wife is happy as she didn't have to go to Stevenage. Have you seen it? Apparently it is easily commutable to London which is great as most of them look like cleaners and Canary Wharf is nearby.

Glad to see my new foot soldier Dhel Bhey is doing some more fans shows. Told him that he doesn't have to. Frankly he was desperate for a job so came cheap and I think I told a little white lie about the player budget but he's been compliant so far. Apparently he wants another player but just like daughters  with horses they always want another one and a better one.

Ticking off the days until having to go back to Plymouth. Exeter is far more civilised but the margins in jannerland are so much better. Exeter has a proper university with Latin and all but Plymouth is just well muff...but on the plus side the local council are let's say jannerish and believe it or not think I am a serious property developer who knows what a brick looks like. I've got thousands of acres of farmland in Eastern Europe but I'm no fecking farmer Smile
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:38 am

seadog wrote:
Had some very agreeable marmalade on toast for breakfast this morning, Fortnums is definitely the best.
Didn't know Fortnums had a cafe?
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:36 am

tigertony wrote:
seadog wrote:
Didn't know Fortnums had a cafe?

I bet that's not the only thing you don't know though is it?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

Keep it on topic lads, FFS!
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Went to Fortnum's again today. Some people don't know they have a café which is super as it keeps out all the riffraff I have to put up with on a Saturday.
I had a Duo of Scones, a Mini Parlour Sundae and a pot of Fortnum’s Famous Classic Blend Tea for one, all for £19.50.
A bit pricey, I think I'll send the bill to Bob.
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Left five messages for Tudor on his mobile, he hasn't rang back I wonder if he's got a new phone? I'll get the Ian's onto it.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Googled 'brick' this morning. Funny looking things aren't they. Wonder where you get them from.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Googled 'brick' this morning. Funny looking things aren't they. Wonder where you get them from.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 4:42 pm

I was reading today people like me have far too many fingers in too many pies. People seem to think it strange someone would run a couple of universities, an hotel chain, a football club etc.
Why is that strange ? Mr Gardener has far more pies in the oven than I do.  Where I come from, everyone keeps a finger in all the available pies. Why wouldn't I ?
Mind you, many years ago, I remember being told at school that some of our wonderful firemen were moonlighting, doing video games in public houses. Now surely that sort of thing should be made illegal. People need to understand the real world, and the limitation of their abilities.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Received a birthday invitation today. Apparently the Argyle Fans Trust is 5 years old. I thought I told post boy that the only Presidents Progress I wanted to see was that bunch of do-gooding lefties closed down. I thought these janner jamboys could control their own....and if they can't why am I having to actually converse with these people? The ones who wear ties can't do up their top buttons and the one without the tie never has his undone. I much prefer my old school one...you know where you stand with the chaps.

Argyle Fans Trust. Indeed they do....a few wins and most of them are so doting they'll trust you with anything.
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 6:31 pm

That was insufferable. Have just recovered.
I hate working weekends, and this weekend was an early start. I never realised how broken and bent over some people are, and some aren't that old. Still, it's their choice. They like to have someone to look up to.

Disappointing end to the game, but of little consequence. DA is quite sharp, I'll have to watch him.
Have put a shot across TE's bows, enjoyed that. he won't like it. The local skates won't like it either, but there's always collateral damage. You don't mess with the Citi boys.
Pondered and managed a bit today, signed a few letters, that's enough.

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 6:34 pm

Dear Jim,
could you please fix it for me to be important again like I wos in the WOR?
I. Nool.
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:07 pm

One wonders what the issue is with hiding the sausage with a bit of pork,  
happens all the time down here
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Went to Torquay last night with Tone 'the wedge' Wrathers. Before taking in the game I showed him around Oldway, he seemed impressed, I'll keep plugging away until he feels obliged to 'invest' Wink . Then it was on to the business at hand, I once rescued a football club you know so with the right contacts in the finance game and with the local cap doffers councillors on board anything is possible, I'm sure someone will reluctanly take them under their wing, add them to their portfolio so to speak, are there any grants available ?  

Stood amongst the plebs, dressed down so they didn't feel intimidated, went well I thought, 4 handshakes, 2 selfies and an autograph, Tone said he thought he'd heard a mumbled 'wanker' under somebody's breath and what appeared to be a five knuckle shuffle jesture behind my back from a scrawny little oik but I'm pretty sure he's mistaken, I was well received, loved almost. They eat something called fish and chips in these parts, the stench was just awful and to be honest I couldn't wait to get back to the beemer, I'd instructed the boy to stock it with some smoked salmon, foie gras and other suitable nibbles along with a nicely chilled bottle of Asti for the return journey. All in all a successful evening image wise, truth be told though I'd rather have been at home watching some rugger but needs must. Now I'm told by the boy that we're expected to travel to some place called Mansfield on Saturday, near Scotland apparently, could give Jules a ring and see if he can organise a bit of shooting while we're up that way, kill two birds with one stone maybe Idea
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:23 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Went to Torquay last night with Tone 'the wedge' Wrathers. Before taking in the game I showed him around Oldway, he seemed impressed, I'll keep plugging away until he feels obliged to 'invest' Wink . Then it was on to the business at hand, I once rescued a football club you know so with the right contacts in the finance game and with the local cap doffers councillors on board anything is possible, I'm sure someone will reluctanly take them under their wing, add them to their portfolio so to speak, are there any grants available ?  

Stood amongst the plebs, dressed down so they didn't feel intimidated, went well I thought, 4 handshakes, 2 selfies and an autograph, Tone said he thought he'd heard a mumbled 'wanker' under somebody's breath and what appeared to be a five knuckle shuffle jesture behind my back from a scrawny little oik but I'm pretty sure he's mistaken, I was well received, loved almost. They eat something called fish and chips in these parts, the stench was just awful and to be honest I couldn't wait to get back to the beemer, I'd instructed the boy to stock it with some smoked salmon, foie gras and other suitable nibbles along with a nicely chilled bottle of Asti for the return journey. All in all a successful evening image wise, truth be told though I'd rather have been at home watching some rugger but needs must. Now I'm told by the boy that we're expected to travel to some place called Mansfield on Saturday, near Scotland apparently, could give Jules a ring and see if he can organise a bit of shooting while we're up that way, kill two birds with one stone maybe Idea

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:48 am

AstiSpumante wrote:

lol lol lol .....Superb Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:40 am

Another day pretending i like these darn silly janner oik village types....Oh well another day..another dollar..hurruh..old beans
Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 10:01 am

Not in the best of moods today, its Friday and I should be looking forward to the canapes and bubbly at goold old Twickers watching England make the Taffies grovel. The Citi boys always look after their own and someone else always pays. Instead I've got to spend the day traipsing up and down the M1 to Mansfield... MANSFIELD for God's sake. I'm worried I'm going native as I'm starting to understand the Grunts that Man Nool is coming out with, Mrs B is absolutely incensed, I don't now how much longer I can take.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jim's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Diary   Jim's Diary Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim's Diary
Page 1 of 1