RegGreen
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Carlisle match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:50 pm

An excellent response to Saturdays loss.
,5k drop in gate alarming really ?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Luggy's Yeovil 23rd with no points, Daggers bottom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Good win jervis looks the biz
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Elias wrote:
An excellent  response to Saturdays loss.

1700 of those were Pompey so not as bad as it seems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:55 pm

5000 less than Saturday doesn't really shock me fireworks in August are too tempting for some
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Elias wrote:
An excellent  response to Saturdays loss.
No. To be expected. Portsmouth was always going to be 10000 plus in the Summer holidays. It's the nearest thing to an "occasion" at Home Park these days. Former lovers will turn up to live old times, and then get back to real life for the rest of the year.
The normal  Home Park ghetto has for years been around 5000 to 6000 people that actually turn up. Add an extra 1000 if you adhere to the Ridsdale style counting system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Plus it's not easy to get home via the bus in some parts of plymouth at that time of night which puts some off going too. Only just caught mine which was the last one till 5am
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:17 pm

seadog wrote:
That's Tgwu's forecast fooked

Thanks Pal, just walking to car when they scored counting my points.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 pm

MotM: Derek Adams

After being outplayed for much of the 1st half, including them missing a sitter that hit the post, Jervis and Wylde swapped wings, Jervis skinned his man, cut inside and then smashed into the far corner and we went in a completely undeserved 1 up at HT.

Wylde was subbed for Simpson, who looks a proper Sturrockesque shaper to me, we went to 3 CBs and it was all different. Rooooobz glanced in a corner, comedy defending - including one of the best falling overs I have ever seen - made it 3. Some sleep midfield work from them and it was 4 and it was all over. They got a late one at the very end to no great effect.

In the first half we were poor; in the second quite good.

Adams's preferred flat back four with 2 sitters appears to be dead because with the McH, Nelse, Hartley axis restored we were a different team.

God alone knows what our best line-up is but expect 3xCBs on Saturday.

When did we last stick 4 past somebody?

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Angry wrote:
Plus it's not easy to get home via the bus in some parts of plymouth at that time of night which puts some off going too. Only just caught mine which was the last one till 5am

Plus Carlisle fans aren't exactly going to turn up in numbers for a midweek match. Longest away trip in the league on a Tuesday night! Another victory for the FA fixture compilers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Carlisle now have 1 point from their past 12 visits to Home Park!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

When did we last stick 4 past somebody?

We put 4 past Fleetwood and 5 past Morecambe in successive matches in Sheridan's first full season - a false dawn though, we got 4 points from the last 7 matches and missed the play offs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Some of our away records against certain teams are equally honking.

Scunthorpe
Burnley
Gillingham

Any others?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Freathy wrote:
Forgot this was tonight.

Sounds like it's going to be yet another long hard miserable season of shit.  Glad I'm giving it a miss.  Again.

Not sure why you need to announce it every time
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:27 pm

My word, what a game.

Argyle took the lead in the first half against the run of play (Carlisle United looked lively). Second half and it was all Argyle. Cracking first goal from Jervis.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Scunthorpe
Burnley
Gillingham

Any others?

Leeds
Millwall
Bradford Park Avenue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I think we've found another Norris in Carey, excellent player and energy levels are amazing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Bizarre game. Carlisle created and wasted enough chances to have killed the game by halftime. Jervis checks inside and hits an absolute pearler. From that point on Argyle looked like they could score from every attack they had.

I'm developing a theory that Derek Adams realises how shit a lot of teams are in this division...with that in mind, he takes a calculated risk that no matter how dominant teams may be for periods of the game against us (early doors against Wimbledon Pompey and tonight for example) Adams is confident other teams inept finishing will result in them being unable to outscore us.

Good that Rueben got off the mark, even if it did rather spoil Argyles record of only scoring Worldies so far this year. Carey properly enjoyed his superb finish too, which was nice to see.

This Argyle team looks like it has a genuine goal threat from at least half of the outfield.

Could be quite fun following them this year.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Bizarre game. Carlisle created and wasted enough chances to have killed the game by halftime. Jervis checks inside and hits an absolute pearler. From that point on Argyle looked like they could score from every attack they had.

I'm developing a theory that Derek Adams realises how shit a lot of teams are in this division...with that in mind, he takes a calculated risk that no matter how dominant teams may be for periods of the game against us (early doors against Wimbledon Pompey and tonight for example) Adams is confident other teams inept finishing will result in them being unable to outscore us.

Good that Rueben got off the mark, even if it did rather spoil Argyles record of only scoring Worldies so far this year. Carey properly enjoyed his superb finish too, which was nice to see.

This Argyle team looks like it has a genuine goal threat from at least half of the outfield.

The first half had that Sheridan feel about it. When Jervis let rip it settled me down a bit, as not expecting to see a goal like that. The second half was a much better showing and I hope to see more displays like that over the coming months.

I take my hat off to Carlisle United for carrying on even when they were 4-0 down. Luke was gutted by conceding that consolation goal.

Radio5live featured a coach load of Carlisle United fans earlier today, they are meant to be on again later tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I can go along with some of that Czarky. Somewhere in there is the old fashioned best foot forward routine. How else are you going to compete in Scotland when you are Ross County ? Most folk here have liked the feel of Adams' talk. Very pleased for the man tonight. That doesn't include Brent. The two people are quite separate in my mind.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:01 am

LINK to highlights of the game.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:27 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The first half had that Sheridan feel about it. When Jervis let rip it settled me down a bit, as not expecting to see a goal like that. The second half was a much better showing and I hope to see more displays like that over the coming months.

I take my hat off to Carlisle United for carrying on even when they were 4-0 down. Luke was gutted by conceding that consolation goal.

Radio5live featured a coach load of Carlisle United fans earlier today, they are meant to be on again later tonight.

What exactly was the "Sheridan feel"? Would it be similar to the feel felt when Argyle panned Pompey and Exeter in the early stages of last season?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Scunthorpe
Burnley
Gillingham

Any others?

Leeds

Millwall
Bradford Park Avenue

Stoke
Leicester
West ham
Derby
Newcastle
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Scunthorpe
Burnley
Gillingham

Any others?

We never got anything out of Leeds when they started their fall through the divisions a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Greenskin wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

What exactly was the "Sheridan feel"? Would it be similar to the feel felt when Argyle panned Pompey and Exeter in the early stages of last season?

No, more like the Play-Off games against Wycombe Wanderers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlisle match thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next