zyph
mouldyoldgoat
PASALB
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PASALB

London Branch Meet the Manager Empty
PostSubject: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:01 pm

On Friday 7th August from 7pm at Dr Inks 2-5 Stamford St, Southwark, London SE1 9LY. For further information please go to

Please note as well as Dereck Adams in attendance Argyle CEO will be in around to answer any questions you may have.

For further information please contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Links added by Mouldy)
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Thanks for the information, I'm sure people up in the London area will be interested.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Thanks for the information, I'm sure people up in the London area will be interested.

Already been mailed direct from PASALB....sounds an interesting evening......going to the match on Saturday.....but will her indoors let me go Friday evening as well......I need to earn some brownie points...... Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:56 pm

How many is he going to be forced to do of these things? not in no way a diss towards the london lot just a general question overall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 pm

I think it only polite and friendly for new managers to meet with various supporters' groups. What better way for the new man to get a feel for the club. Not only that, it's a job, and well paid in everyday terms.
It's always been done. I remember Big Mal doing a meet the fans.
There's not much good to be said about the city state, but I have always had a soft spot for Pasalb due to the Pasty News. I guess it's a thing of the past now.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:46 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
I think it only polite and friendly for new managers to meet with various supporters' groups. What better way for the new man to get a feel for the club. Not only that, it's a job, and well paid in everyday terms.
It's always been done. I remember Big Mal doing a meet the fans.
There's not much good to be said about the city state, but I have always had a soft spot for Pasalb due to the Pasty News. I guess it's a thing of the past now.

Online version these days to members.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:11 pm

It's only fair the London branch have an evening with the new manager, considering how many of these fans turn up to many of the away matches and a fair few manage to find their way to Home Park too.

It's going to be a really good season for away matches for PASALB, it's like a 4th division south with the majority of away matches within easy striking distance for them.

I'm not sure what they will ask that hasn't already been asked and answered in the last two recent sessions though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
It's only fair the London branch have an evening with the new manager, considering how many of these fans turn up to many of the away matches and a fair few manage to find their way to Home Park too.

It's going to be a really good season for away matches for PASALB, it's like a 4th division south with the majority of away matches within easy striking distance for them.

I'm not sure what they will ask that hasn't already been asked and answered in the last two recent sessions though.

thats mainly my point what is there left to ask him that would be allowed and he would be allowed to answer
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 am

Its not whats left to ask its more of a PR ploy by the club to show the manager around the various supporters groups..proberly under uncle jims orders..cos you never know when you gunna need a bucket rattle..from one of em
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:38 am

Whatever...

It's the right thing to do. The new manager gets out and meets the fans and take their questions.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 am

RegGreen wrote:
Its not whats left to ask its more of a PR ploy by the club to show the manager around the various supporters groups..proberly under uncle jims orders..cos you never know when you gunna need a bucket rattle..from one of em

More likely PASALB showing some initiative when Argyle playing in London.......we've done it before.....so that theory is dead in the water.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:08 am

zyph wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

More likely PASALB showing some initiative when Argyle playing in London.......we've done it before.....so that theory is dead in the water.

I know supporting argo has made me more cynical than most but is that really that far away from the truth
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:16 am

PASALB have some members with clout who can show that amount of initiative and convince PAFC that talking to them over a pint on a Friday evening isn't a bad idea.....it's all bridge building.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:47 am

Rickler wrote:
Whatever...

It's the right thing to do.  The new manager gets out and meets the fans and take their questions.

This ^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:27 am

RegGreen wrote:

Its a pr stunt of course its just sad so many that attend them do get that fact.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:52 am

It is PR Angry but not a stunt. As Zyph has outlined the club have always done "Meet & Greets" at least once a season on a Friday night for the London based supporters who must make up at least 50% of the away attendance in the South East, particularly on weekday matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:40 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
It is PR Angry but not a stunt. As Zyph has outlined the club have always done "Meet & Greets" at least once a season on a Friday night for the London based supporters who must make up at least 50% of the away attendance in the South East, particularly on weekday matches.

I am aware that many managers at many clubs including this one have done Q and A's before and will again in future. I generally think they are for PR only there for a stunt of sorts where no matter who is the manager the answers will be empty and the questions will be screened.

I just wish fans who go to these things and dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong in them fwiw just see them for what they are a bit of fun and not take anything said at them as gospel.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:59 am

Nice to see   London Branch posting on here, I wonder if the Senior Greens will copy them? I will rejoin if they do.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 7:21 am

All argo fans are welcome Here The Good The Bad & even the damn rite ugly
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 am

Good for the PASALB for being proactive. As somebody's said, the reputation of the Green Army for travelling support is largely thanks to exiles, particularly London-based fans.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:58 am

zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Already been mailed direct from PASALB....sounds an interesting evening......going to the match on Saturday.....but will her indoors let me go Friday evening as well......I need to earn some brownie points...... Rolling Eyes .
Take the boiler with you. Tell her you're taking her out somewhere nice and then stop outside the venue. Walk in and look surprised when a lot of your mates are there. She's hardly going to wrestle you to the floor and kick seven bells of sh... out of you is she?
....... or is she Handbags
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 am

zyph and his misses knocking sh#t out of each other would make good premeeting entertainment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:19 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
zyph and his misses knocking sh#t out of each other would make good premeeting entertainment.

zimmerframes at 10 paces
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:04 pm

We at PACSA are hoping to get the manager down to one of our socials too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm

more than welcome to put a post on here about it BBC1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager Empty

Back to top Go down

London Branch Meet the Manager
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next