HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London - a suffering city.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

London - a suffering city. Empty
PostSubject: London - a suffering city.   London - a suffering city. EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 6:04 pm

Since the fookin pandemic put paid to a New York trip this week, we had a bit of a Brit-break which included a few days in London. I know Covid is around etc. but it was surreal how quiet the whole place was minus the hundreds of thousands of foreigners that are there at any given time under normal circumstances. Tube trains with empty carriages in the middle of the day, restaurants that would be 100% full, 80% empty in the evenings. We came through Canary Wharf on the DLR at about9am in the morning and it is clear the vast majority of those that work there are still at home. As is tradition on a London trip we had a couple pints in the Argyll Arms - just 9 people in there at 2pm in the afternoon.

Difficult to see how a lot of the traders that depend on tourism will make it through the next six months.

Crazy times.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: London - a suffering city.   London - a suffering city. EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 7:45 pm

A mate of mine said the same to me the other day Czarks. Another thing to remember is that most people who work in London live anything up to three hours away from the city. My mates got family up north and he said everybody in London are all playing by the rules and he said up North they don't give a fook and he said they are all quite rebellious and in London all he heard was it made common sense. It's a wierd one apart from a couple of boroughs they have low rates. I bet you any money the London businesses will be looked after better than most though.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: London - a suffering city.   London - a suffering city. EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 7:57 pm

I went at the end of August , 1730 on a Saturday circle line at at pancras deserted.

Jubilee walkway had a few hardy souls. Truly staggering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London - a suffering city.   London - a suffering city. Empty

Back to top Go down

London - a suffering city.
Page 1 of 1