Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?

Go down 
+24
Les Miserable
swampy
Czarcasm
seadog
Foxy
Cornish Chris
green_genie
Sir Francis Drake
Greenskin
tigertony
Tringreen
PlymstockGreen
RegGreen
Josh Pope
devonportlad
SwimWithTheTide
MannameadGreen
Flat_Track_Bully
VillageGreen
Dick Trickle
sufferedsince 68
Elias
akagreengull
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
devonportlad

Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:57 pm

they sure do get protective over lord brent over there dont they? jeez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:03 pm

MannameadGreen wrote:
De Lar on Pasoti said that Adams was happy with his budget based on the Q&A.

Which is so economical with the truth, he may as well have said Adams said that Brent has an enormous cock.

is de liar really that deluded and do fans really buy the answers to these Q and As? no manger is going to speak the truth in these things nor are they going to speak out against their employer especially to bunch of fish wives that will run off and tell the world via social media.

Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:33 pm

At the Q&A today Adams mentioned the budget being below 10th placed in the league, apparently that is going by people who were there.. but they don't make this sort of stuff up. Either way, it seems he's disappointed by the budget.

Amazingly.. Looks like you lot were right. Fair play. I'm very disappointed.

Looks like we've appointed a cheap manager and hes accidentally a very good one as well, hmm..
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:57 pm

As ive said he seems to talk a good game & hope he does well..as for the budget more austerity from jimmy the lip qiverering tory boy..iam afraid
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 am

What do you mean ' you lot ' ???? Twat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 8:31 am

Paven wrote:
At the Q&A today Adams mentioned the budget being below 10th placed in the league, apparently that is going by people who were there.. but they don't make this sort of stuff up. Either way, it seems he's disappointed by the budget.

Looks like we've appointed a cheap manager and hes accidentally a very good one as well, hmm..

Austerity Brent needs to explain this piss poor budget ASAP!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:02 am

ejh wrote:
Paven wrote:

Who's suprised at Brents Greek style budget? he's got no ambition for Argyle and never has had! if the club hangs on to its fourth tier status Brent will be happy! One things clear though, the first ambitious club that shows an interest in Adams and he will be gone, and i for one wont blame him...............Brent Out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:10 am

Anyone got a transcript of the Q & A?

Paven's version of events seems to differ from PL2's - the fact on one side is that Derek Adams didn't complain, on the other he repeated several times his budget is now outside the top 10.

Brent stated the aim this season was top 3; from a manager's first season in England, never mind League Two, never mind at the club.

If Austerity Brent expects top 3 out of an 11th place budget, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee - should he be able to afford any.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:17 am

ejh wrote:

Paven's version of events seems to differ from PL2's - the fact on one side is that Derek Adams didn't complain, on the other he repeated several times his budget is now outside the top 10.

Brent stated the aim this season was top 3; from a manager's first season in England, never mind League Two, never mind at the club.

If Austerity Brent expects top 3 out of an 11th place budget, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee - should he be able to afford any.

ejh, Brent wont paint the front entrance, their will be no promotion budget or indeed no promotion under Green Jim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:31 am

ejh wrote:

ejh youre intelligent enough to know nothing de liar says can be taken as gospel. Im more inclined to believe paven here not because its a more anti brent statement but he has no reason to bs where pl2 does as pastoi is brents fanclub and will not allow anything bad about him to be posted.

i too would like to see this unedited Q & A video but i dont anyother ones o get filed unless its at home park
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:12 am

MannameadGreen back up paven

He did say it was below a 10th placed budget, and he did say it was a small budget. Ask anyone who was there.

He didn't say he was happy with it, neither did he say he was unhappy with it. He did however say that he's worked and had success with a small budget before.

Of course the budget is smaller this season. Big earners Alessandra, Banton and O'Connor have left. No more expensive loanees like Bobby Reid or Lee. We've got a much smaller squad - no more will senior players not make the bench like Norburn last season. It seems to have been reduced in both real terms and relative terms.

Everyone's saying we need another CM and RM - which i do agree with. However, what about RB? Our first choice isn't exactly great there and if he's unavailable we've got a choice between Nelson and Bentley there - which isn't at all ideal. What about up front? Reuben is coming off an operation, Brunt is a useful bench option but lacks technical ability, Harvey isn't an out-and-out striker, Jervis is unproven, Rooney is a kid and Smalley is injured (and Deane Smalley). Two players would be putting the squad up to a bare minimum level.

It absolutely baffles me as to why the budget is so small. We're making a profit, the debt has been restructured, big earners have left. But we can only bring in five permanent signings? Why, also, can we not bring in another permanent signing now that O'Connor's gone to Burton - there must have been money set aside for him, where's that gone then? It's absolutely pointless making a profit if Brent won't reinvest that back into the club.

Apparently play-offs is the minimum for Derek Adams. Despite the mid-table budget, thinner squad, ambitionless owner and the fact he's had less time to work with the players and identify targets. Would play-offs not be quite some achievement for a Football League rookie in these circumstances
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:59 am

Tgwu wrote:

He did say it was below a 10th placed budget, and he did say it was a small budget. Ask anyone who was there.

He didn't say he was happy with it, neither did he say he was unhappy with it. He did however say that he's worked and had success with a small budget before.

Of course the budget is smaller this season. Big earners Alessandra, Banton and O'Connor have left. No more expensive loanees like Bobby Reid or Lee. We've got a much smaller squad - no more will senior players not make the bench like Norburn last season. It seems to have been reduced in both real terms and relative terms.

Everyone's saying we need another CM and RM - which i do agree with. However, what about RB? Our first choice isn't exactly great there and if he's unavailable we've got a choice between Nelson and Bentley there - which isn't at all ideal. What about up front? Reuben is coming off an operation, Brunt is a useful bench option but lacks technical ability, Harvey isn't an out-and-out striker, Jervis is unproven, Rooney is a kid and Smalley is injured (and Deane Smalley). Two players would be putting the squad up to a bare minimum level.

It absolutely baffles me as to why the budget is so small. We're making a profit, the debt has been restructured, big earners have left. But we can only bring in five permanent signings? Why, also, can we not bring in another permanent signing now that O'Connor's gone to Burton - there must have been money set aside for him, where's that gone then? It's absolutely pointless making a profit if Brent won't reinvest that back into the club.

Apparently play-offs is the minimum for Derek Adams. Despite the mid-table budget, thinner squad, ambitionless owner and the fact he's had less time to work with the players and identify targets. Would play-offs not be quite some achievement for a Football League rookie in these circumstances

Could the trust or another at least try and find out when yet again the budget for the manger is slashed? better still ask why he wont sell up if he isnt interested or has the funds.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:42 am

True to form Monkeywench and fellow Jimmy Jizzers, are now laying into Cobi Josh etc for daring to suggest that Adams thinks the budget is gash!jocolor
Back to top Go down
PlymstockGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:00 pm

I just don't get how they can be so in denial when it's so blatantly obvious the budget has been reduced. It's taking the p*ss now. Against Elburton, our most senior player on the bench was Tyler Harvey, which says it all.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:04 pm

PlymstockGreen wrote:
I just don't get how they can be so in denial when it's so blatantly obvious the budget has been reduced. It's taking the p*ss now. Against Elburton, our most senior player on the bench was Tyler Harvey, which says it all.

Yep, and we even ended up playing James Bittner in that.. That was arguably a minor injury list too really, so it's a huge concern. Perhaps Sheridan was just really good at convincing Brent he needed a little bit more money, who knows.. Either way, if Adams achieves 7th on the budget this year it will be the equivalent of Sheridan getting automatic promotion last year.

I remain hopeful, if nothing else..
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:17 pm

ejh wrote:
Paven wrote:

Indeed he does. The club made a small profit so reports suggested not that long ago.

I read the posts over the road there, certainly getting feisty.

How much was paid to Sheridan when he finally left, and what about the others, how much did they receive.

If the budget is only a top ten (with a lowering to a top fifteen) spot that is appalling considering that Argyle made the Play-Offs last season. JB must tell the supporter group exactly why the budget is allegedly what it is.

The season is still two weeks - 6 days away and early optimism could fall away soon.

DA maintains a drive to achieve something here and he says he has worked with similar (or smaller) budgets. So in DA i trust.

I still believe that Argyle will finish in fifth place and make the Play-Offs.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Adams already up against it, think we could be in for a rude awakening.
Reid gets injured ,,& we re in trouble. Brunt s sunday league player can't see him scoring more than 6 goals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:50 pm

I don't have a problem with a small tight squad, provided that squad is fit, hungry and talented. Trouble is a small budget won't deliver that.
Maybe Brent and Wrathall have spotted a gaping hole in fans' logic. While we have been primed to purr over a 'small profit', maybe these owners think they can squeeze a lot larger profit out of the next season without any grief from the fanbase. And then of course, they would be entitled to take said profit for themselves, as is normal business practice.
Given the sort of slippery customer Brent is, I wouldn't be surprised if he loaned back to the club said profit for next year, thus increasing the indebtedness of the 'club'.
Don't laugh. It is entirely feasible given the characters concerned. Or maybe said profits could go off to reduce the loans owed to Todd/Gardener etc.

I see this week Cardiff are still battling with the Ridsdale inspired agreement of 10 years ago. This club is no more than a debt colony, just like Greece, and will be for years to come.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Depressingly obvious innit........................ so glad I hardly care any more. As long as there are farm fed janners, happy to sit in tents, rattle buckets and get their mugshots on GOS, the reluctant one will continue to get away with murder.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Tgwu wrote:

.... Ask anyone who was there. -  I have and the response was that people are playing with words to suit their own agenda.
..... He did however say that he's worked and had success with a small budget before. What is small ? Its small compared to, for eg, a Championship side but probably not small compared to most Lge 2 sides. Quote a figure that you consider small.

Of course the budget is smaller this season. Big earners Alessandra, Banton and O'Connor have left. No more expensive loanees like Bobby Reid or Lee. We've got a much smaller squad - no more will senior players not make the bench like Norburn last season. It seems to have been reduced in both real terms and relative terms. I'd be highly surprised if we paid the majority of wages for loan players so, guessing, our contribution was probably an average Lge 2 wage. We appear to have better quality although that will be tested soon.

It absolutely baffles me as to why the budget is so small. What is the budget? Figures? What are the budgets at other clubs? We havn't a clue and I'd be surprised if Argyle knew the budgets of other clubs.

... But we can only bring in five permanent signings? Perhaps Grizzly has used his '7 player' budget to bring in 5 players of better quality?

Apparently play-offs is the minimum for Derek Adams. Despite the mid-table budget (we don't know what it is) , thinner squad (still loans to come),
Would play-offs not be quite some achievement for a Football League rookie in these circumstances(Yes - but Grizzly appears to have set his target as that.

It seems to me that some fans would moan if we signed Messi but made him number 10 not number 7 and put him up in a 4* hotel not a 5* hotel. New season - new manager - new players - lets be +ve. Oh ... and 2 games undefeated - Yes Yes Yes :greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 4:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

.... Ask anyone who was there. -  I have and the response was that people are playing with words to suit their own agenda.
..... He did however say that he's worked and had success with a small budget before. What is small ? Its small compared to, for eg, a Championship side but probably not small compared to most Lge 2 sides. Quote a figure that you consider small.

Of course the budget is smaller this season. Big earners Alessandra, Banton and O'Connor have left. No more expensive loanees like Bobby Reid or Lee. We've got a much smaller squad - no more will senior players not make the bench like Norburn last season. It seems to have been reduced in both real terms and relative terms. I'd be highly surprised if we paid the majority of wages for loan players so, guessing, our contribution was probably an average Lge 2 wage. We appear to have better quality although that will be tested soon.

It absolutely baffles me as to why the budget is so small. What is the budget? Figures? What are the budgets at other clubs? We havn't a clue and I'd be surprised if Argyle knew the budgets of other clubs.

... But we can only bring in five permanent signings? Perhaps Grizzly has used his '7 player' budget to bring in 5 players of better quality?

Apparently play-offs is the minimum for Derek Adams. Despite the mid-table budget (we don't know what it is) , thinner squad (still loans to come),
Would play-offs not be quite some achievement for a Football League rookie in these circumstances(Yes - but Grizzly appears to have set his target as that.

It seems to me that some fans would moan if we signed Messi but made him number 10 not number 7 and put him up in a 4* hotel not a 5* hotel. New season - new manager - new players - lets be +ve. Oh ... and 2 games undefeated - Yes Yes Yes :greenrave:

God give me strength.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Below the 10th best budget?

Why?

Where is our money going?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

God give me strength.

Viva Aviva!sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Greenskin wrote:

God give me strength.
Tiger has always been a Noolite Even sports the eyes. Can't resist it. Followed his prey from Pasoti onto here.
Usual disinformation and deflection. Has tagged onto the grisly thing in an instant. Says it all.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Below the 10th best budget?

Why?

Where is our money going?

Just coincidence unexplained losses tied in with HHP planning application costs and now Plan B is potentially coming the budget shrinks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?   Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bideford game and DA Q&A- Reduced Playing Budget?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next