Sir Francis Drake
VillageGreen
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:31 pm

As the players are due back this week and the club is looking a tad fresher, i thought i would pose the question as to where Argyle will finish come May 2016.

After being in the top reaches of League Two for most of last season, followed by the awful Play-Off showing [which was a non-event], i have reflected greatly on the upcoming season and i would expect this new Argyle side to be in the top ten for much of it, with either automatic promotion or a Play-Off spot [at a push] to end it.

Much depends on how quickly the team gel, but one has hopes that they will be ok on the day [barring injuries and suspentions].

I reckon Argyle will finish in 5th place and see what happens from there (i think the likes of Bristol Rovers, Pompey, Luton, Orient, Notts County, Wycombe, Oxford and Yeovil will also be up there).

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Champs.

Nothing less will do.

Except for promotion, obvs, but why set the target so low? If we're not aiming to win the division why bother at all?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Automatic promotion i.e. 3rd place minimum should be the absolute target.

4th - 7th is just a lottery.

8th or below is piss poor and shouldn't be accepted by any of us.

I haven't a clue where we'll finish, mind.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Champs.

Nothing less will do.

Except for promotion, obvs, but why set the target so low? If we're not aiming to win the division why bother at all?

I understand your point and i may amend my prediction at later date. That will depend on how well the team have gelled and what style of football they are playing, plus how the other fancied sides in League Two are getting along.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Me neither. I had a good vibe about last season before it started based on the players we knew, good pedigree of some of those arriving and a feeling that Sheridan was about to deliver according to his track record at Chesterfield. It was all coming together, so I thought, nicely.

This year? No idea what to make of Adams, the remaining players from last season are too few in number and some of the best ones from last year have gone, RReid appears to be injury-impaired, new siginings alll bit of an unknown factor and overall the squad is still far too thin.

A dodgy start and an injury or two to the wrong players and we could end up relegated but get a flyer, get Reid fit, strengthen the squad as we go and we could win the damned thing by a street.

The approach of a new season almost demands optimism but far from bubbling over the cork is still in my bottle.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Playoffs is the absolute minimum Promotion is the absolute goal. Winning the league is the absolute dream. Anything else is an absolute failure.

Last edited by Angry on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Its really hard to predict where we will finish come may, Adams sounds the part lets hope he can deliver. Of course Team Clown are firmly in control off the pitch so god knows what pitfalls lie ahead which might put the mockers on our season! i will go for a realistic 10th place finish.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Champs.

Nothing less will do.

I understand your point and i may amend my prediction at later date. That will depend on how well the team have gelled and what style of football they are playing, plus how the other fancied sides in League Two are getting along.

The amending of predictions is totally unacceptable isn't it?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Automatic promotion
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm with Pete.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 3:08 pm

You must start the season by aiming at being 1st.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 3:48 pm

16th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Need to see the players first.

Mind you having seen 10 games of last season I'd have said top 3 and we ended up grateful for 7th and a few games live on Sky Sports.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:17 pm

10th.

But I do think we'll win a few games from losing positions this season. It's about bleddy time.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Who do the bookies see as possible champions in League Two, Pompey or Luton Town. Those two must have a bigger budget than we have, i read somewhere that Luton Town have signed a lot of players this summer, they probably do not want a repeat of last season.

Argyle must be down the pecking order for League Two placings within the bookie community.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:59 pm

We will be champions COME ON YOU GREENS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Mid-table. We may have an ambitious new manager but we still have an owner sucking the life-blood out of the club
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 7:02 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Who do the bookies see as possible champions in League Two, Pompey or Luton Town. Those two must have a bigger budget than we have, i read somewhere that Luton Town have signed a lot of players this summer, they probably do not want a repeat of last season.

Argyle must be down the pecking order for League Two placings within the bookie community.

18/1 to win league, Pompey fav 4/1, Oxford 2nd fav 15/2 then Orient 9/1.

Exeter 33/1 may have a sneaky pound or two on that!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Foxy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Save yer money mate, buy a couple of Titleist Pro V1'S instead.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Foxy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Save yer money mate, buy a couple of Titleist Pro V1'S instead.

Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Gotta aim for automatic promotion with the play offs being an acceptable alternative providing we win them.

We've been in this league too long now.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Gotta aim for automatic promotion with the play offs being an acceptable alternative providing we win them.

We've been in this league too long now.

Yeah, don't we know it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Argyle are joint ninth favourites with SkyBet.

BOOKMAKERS SkyBet do not rate Plymouth Argyle's chance of success in League Two in the 2015/16 season.

The Pilgrims are joint ninth favourites for the title, along with last term's Football Conference Premier play-off final winners Bristol Rovers, at lengthy odds of 20/1.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:22 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Argyle are joint ninth favourites with SkyBet.

BOOKMAKERS SkyBet do not rate Plymouth Argyle's chance of success in League Two in the 2015/16 season.

The Pilgrims are joint ninth favourites for the title, along with last term's Football Conference Premier play-off final winners Bristol Rovers, at lengthy odds of 20/1.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

.....and how many more seasons will they show Portsmouth as No1.....before they get promoted......blind leading the blind comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Pretty much where we finished last season, play-offs.

I think given the changes we'll start slowly and gain momentum though. So although it'll seem painful early on we'll actually arrive in the play-offs in better form and momentum and who knows, maybe that'll be enough this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016   Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Will Argyle Finish In League Two Come May 2016
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next