sufferedsince 68
VillageGreen
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One Empty
PostSubject: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 3:12 pm

A tad early I Know, what with any more newbies arriving, anyone leaving or player injuries, but what position will Argyle finish in League One (this is open to change of minds).

I will go for 14th. I think that would be about correct. Grind out enough points to the end of the season and mid-table.

I can't see Argyle being any where near the top end of League One and I can't see them in them being in the relegation places, although a slight flirtation could be possible, before pulling away.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 5:49 pm

Argyle have not strengthened the squad with quality just more poundland pro's therefore expect Adams, to quit around November with new manager Paul Wotton, unable to bring in new signings due to finacial constraints argo will be relegated in March with a nice sustainable twenty third placed finish.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm

comfortable tenth place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 6:49 pm

I've no idea where they'll finish. But I do have an idea of how entertaining the football will be. It will be excruciating. Good luck to all those suffering for a lack of anything else to do. Like watching paint dry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Well my pots half full, somewhere between mid-table and play off spot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 7:51 pm

staying the league is the ultimate goal next season. If thats secured then 15th and bulid on that for the next season and push on for higher ground.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Relegated

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 am

I really don't think anyone can read it, this season, if we had a proper owner and board I would say promotion is a definite possibility, but that takes leadership and desire and INVESTMENT clearly none of these things will happen under the ongoing Brentmare.
Given large numbers of the fanbase are happy to 'consolidate', the qualityof the squad and even Adams hinting at not being over ambitious - mid table ish would seem likely or Freathy for once might have got it right.

The Brentmare continues :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 11:05 am

with the fans investment we can do it, James cant do it all, he only has shares valued at 3.5 million, 'real fans' must give more...
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 11:18 am

PatDunne wrote:
with the fans investment we can do it, James cant do it all, he only has shares valued at 3.5 million, 'real fans' must give more...  

That's me out I'm not a praaaaper fan I don't believe that green Jim is a fine upstanding gentlemen.
There's plenty of green fodder out there to get those buckets a rattling. Sheep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 12:23 pm

15-18th. It'll be a poor season, in a poor ground, run by poor owners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 4:03 pm

And it'll pour down, all Winter.
Austerity replaced by paucity.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Just looked at this thread over the road there on a bookie and its final League One placings. Argyle to finish in 18th. Interesting top two and 3rd to 10th.

Not too sure on the bottom four though.

Link
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Yes Corals have Argo to finish 18th, Blackburn top Wigan second Pompey scum third.
As always ten games in may give some kind of indication.
Sheridans Oldham to finish bottom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 9:57 pm

We will be very reliant on all the new signings gelling. I think goals will be a problem but I think we are defensively sound.

If we struggle it will be interesting to see how DA reacts. The focus of the club seems to have shifted to property again and I could see DA get frustrated if funds are not made available.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 10:24 pm

8th
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 11:10 pm

My wife is putting a fiver on for promotion. sunny
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 8:04 am

The bookies have us in a relegation scrap which is absolutely spot on.  Team is not good enough for L1.  A season of dire home 'perfomances' and home defeats for all you lucky season ticket holders.  And we'll be among the lowest scorers in L1.  All thanks to brent's non-investment in the team.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:00 am

Having Carey in the team as opposed to him leaving, for me is worth half a dozen places at least.

Without him, and certainly at the minute without a well rated number 9 we'd have been struggling.

With Carey, and if we acquire a true number 9, lower mid-table beckons.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:01 am

18th.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 am

It's all about "consolidation" in the mighty League 1, let's not get too ambitious eh? But of course we have Brent and Hallet at the helm so low expectations for the easily pleased.
Banana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
Relegated

P. W. D l. F A Pts
46. 0. 0 46 0 92 0

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 6:57 am

around about 10th
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 am

Just read in the Brentherald that Neil Harris the Millwall manager has in his Sun column tipped Argyle for relegation along with Gillingham, Walsall and Shrewbury.
Maybe he and Freathy should put a tenner on.
Be interesting next May to see how accurate Neil was.
affraid
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 10:29 am

We all want the team to do well..yes even on this vile website ..but we wont be buying into jimmys dream thats for sure.lol
Lower to middle half of the table finish while toying with relegation all season got a feeling its gunna be a long old hard season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One   What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One Empty

Back to top Go down

What Position Will Argyle Finish In League One
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next