Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)

Go down 
+33
Tringreen
Czarcasm
Rickler
green_genie
Richard Blight
SwimWithTheTide
stephensdad
sufferedsince 68
Rollo Tomasi
Coxside_Green
Sir Francis Drake
X Isle
Jethro
VillageGreen
Dougie
steveinspain
LondonGreen
Mock Cuncher
Josh Pope
Greenskin
Lord Melbury
tigertony
seadog
Cornish Chris
Foxy
PlymptonPilgrim
pepsipete
akagreengull
zyph
Les Miserable
Chemical Ali
Elias
Tgwu
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 10:58 am

Greenskin wrote:

See the old "just stands by the dugout with arms folded" argument is being put forward again. What difference does that make? Can't remember Wenger ever running up and down waving his willy in the air during his nigh on two decades in charge. Irrelevant bullshit.
I take it you've never led or managed a group under pressure and when things are not quite working out. An enthusiastic and motivated leader / manager can be a real help in trying to turn things around. Lets count the trophies won by SAF against those won by Arsene ..... I'll rest my case.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 11:17 am

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

See the old "just stands by the dugout with arms folded" argument is being put forward again. What difference does that make? Can't remember Wenger ever running up and down waving his willy in the air during his nigh on two decades in charge. Irrelevant bullshit.
I take it you've never led or managed a group under pressure and when things are not quite working out. An enthusiastic and motivated leader / manager can be a real help in trying to turn things around. Lets count the trophies won by SAF against those won by Arsene ..... I'll rest my case.

Wenger won three league titles, six fa cups and a league cup, your case is bollox Tigger!jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 11:39 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Wenger won three league titles, six fa cups and a league cup, your case is bollox Tigger!jocolor

Jose beats them both
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 11:49 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I think he said compare with a rival such as Sir Alex Ferguson or Mourinho...does Wenger's trophy haul look that good then?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:33 pm

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

lol! So arm waving and gesticulation was the key to their comparative success then. There was me thinking that the limited backing given to Wenger after the move to the Emirates may have been a factor in the barren years that Arsenal endured. In fact, Wenger gets up my nose as a person and it goes against instinct to defend the bloke but it can't be denied that he has built consistently successful teams over his 20 years at the club in spite of his alleged lack of passion. For your information I've worked in and played in some reasonably successful groups over the years led by individuals of very different management styles, enough to realise that there is more than one way to achieve good results and that ostentatious gesticulation does not necessarily equate to passion.

Alf Ramsey anybody?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 9:06 pm

I can't say I recall much touchline action from Sturrock as we climbed up through the leagues.

Arm waving and all that is just for show. Effective communication is what matters however it is achieved.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:23 am

....and what a touchline nutcase that Bob Paisley fella was too.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:00 am

Waving your arms around and shouting your mouth off on the touchline mean nothing, its about tactics and the right substitutions that make a manager, Ferguson and mourinho along with Wenger make the right decisiions on the touchline its nothing to do with showing passion as the simple folk would have it.geek
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:11 am

By definition this bloke must be a Champions league winner if displays of "passion" = good management.

Frankly just a great excuse to link to this again. 5 minutes of pure comedy gold. "bring yer dinner"

Please note lots of swearing cheers
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:34 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
By definition this bloke must be a Champions league winner if displays of "passion" = good management.

Frankly just a great excuse to link to this again. 5 minutes of pure comedy gold. "bring yer dinner"

Please note lots of swearing cheers
He looks like a future Argyle manager, plenty of PASSION!!!!cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:40 am

Czarcasm wrote:
....and what a touchline nutcase that Bob Paisley fella was too.

Who could forget Smithy when he used to throw his hat at Argyle fans when he got excited! Very Happy

How many times did they have to put out a message for it to be returned?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I can't say I recall much touchline action from Sturrock as we climbed up through the leagues.

Arm waving and all that is just for show. Effective communication is what matters however it is achieved.

I agree with this. No amount of theatrics on the touchline ever changes a refs call or influences players performances over tactical ability.l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)   New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

New signing thread (Josh Simpson signs 06/07)
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11