Rollo Tomasi
SwimWithTheTide
Rickler
Dougie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:37 am

tigertony wrote:
Never rated Harbin. ''Will take players to their limits and then beyond .... geared up mentally and physically .... '' Far far too many games where the players were still in 1st gear. But .. thanks and good luck JH.

Performance manager title i think was utter nonsense but Fitness side of his job he was very good. all save Reuben of course who rarely finished a game and that was even before his injury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 9:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I guess this answers all questions about what kind of budget del bhey will have to work with if we have to re sign James Bittner to be both the goalkeeping coach to Luke aswell as the backup keeper!!!

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 10:27 am

Angry wrote:

I guess this answers all questions about what kind of budget del bhey will have to work with if we have to re sign James Bittner to be both the goalkeeping coach to Luke aswell as the backup keeper!!!

Bittner has done all that is required of him as a back-up goalkeeper........and now helping full-time with the coaching of all the clubs goalkeepers......an improvement on two days a week Rhys Wilmot.......ok Bittner might not of lit any fires during his career....but it doesn't mean he isn't a good coach.

Sensible move....releases funds towards the budget for bringing in new players....good move.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:13 am

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sensible move....releases funds towards the budget for bringing in new players....good move.
Or, ( and this is Brent we're talking about here, remember) release Wilmot and just make do and mend so the budget can be shrunk.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Yeah Bitts makes loads of sense Rolling Eyes . Get rid of an ex-Arsenal, ex-Argyle experienced pro at various levels of the game and replace with a non-league part timer who made his FL debut at 33 and managed to concede his first goal before making his first save. What is he honestly going to offer Luke as a coach? Bittner > Wilmot?  scratch 100% the cheap option, which is saying something given Rhys was part-time...
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 1:02 pm

And here's Rhys talking, http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Rhys-Wilmot-sad-time-Argyle-s-goalkeeping-coach/story-26728249-detail/story.html

Picking out interesting quotes;
"I don't know what direction the club is going in, in respect of the goalkeeping position. To me, I think the writing is on the wall.
"Primarily, I think it's a cost-cutting exercise. You have got to respect their decisions and move on, but I loved working with the goalkeepers.

Clearly we've gone for the cheap option as I've highlight in previous post above. The lack of a proper or young number two to Luke speaks volumes of the lack of respect we're giving the position and just how tight the budget is having to be squeezed.

And then the social media cock-up;
"I was disappointed the way it all came out as well. I thought I deserved a bit more respect than I got from the club in that area.
"I had a couple of difficult days where it was out there in the public domain and yet I couldn't really clarify where or not I had a role.
"Football clubs tend to be like that – a little bit of miscommunication sometimes – but there is no bitterness on my part. I'm going to move on."

This club can act shamefully at times, but Rhys served us well - all the best to him for the future and I'm glad he's going to help out with the academy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:02 pm

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

Bittner has done all that is required of him as a back-up goalkeeper........and now helping full-time with the coaching of all the clubs goalkeepers......an improvement on two days a week Rhys Wilmot.......ok Bittner might not of lit any fires during his career....but it doesn't mean he isn't a good coach.

I cant really put it any better than what Swim said really.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:10 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
And here's Rhys talking, http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Rhys-Wilmot-sad-time-Argyle-s-goalkeeping-coach/story-26728249-detail/story.html

Picking out interesting quotes;
"I don't know what direction the club is going in, in respect of the goalkeeping position. To me, I think the writing is on the wall.
"Primarily, I think it's a cost-cutting exercise. You have got to respect their decisions and move on, but I loved working with the goalkeepers.

Clearly we've gone for the cheap option as I've highlight in previous post above. The lack of a proper or young number two to Luke speaks volumes of the lack of respect we're giving the position and just how tight the budget is having to be squeezed.

And then the social media cock-up;
"I was disappointed the way it all came out as well. I thought I deserved a bit more respect than I got from the club in that area.
"I had a couple of difficult days where it was out there in the public domain and yet I couldn't really clarify where or not I had a role.
"Football clubs tend to be like that – a little bit of miscommunication sometimes – but there is no bitterness on my part. I'm going to move on."

This club can act shamefully at times, but Rhys served us well - all the best to him for the future and I'm glad he's going to help out with the academy.

Yep, well put Spolley.

Tbf though if I was Wilmot I'd go and offer to coach a proper clubs kids for free, rather than give something back to people who treated him with contempt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:19 pm

i'm glad he is going back to the youth system they are getting a good goalie coach which can only go to serve the first team well in the future.

My opinion of rhys has gone up as i dont know if i could go back to a club in a different role after the way they fired him and the others.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Says he's a fan of Argyle in the article, I'm sure that's got something to do with it. He's got another job, he's local and he's got an opportunity to stay closely connected with the club. Fair play to him. Met him at a legends game a few years backs, really decent bloke who stuck around in the local pub for a while after the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:39 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Says he's a fan of Argyle in the article, I'm sure that's got something to do with it. He's got another job, he's local and he's got an opportunity to stay closely connected with the club. Fair play to him. Met him at a legends game a few years backs, really decent bloke who stuck around in the local pub for a while after the game.

fan or no if the club treated me like they did him i'd be more inclined to tell them GFYS and join another team down the line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 pm

Craig Brewster arrives as Assistant
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:01 pm

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

Thats it for me. I'm sure it was DA who instigated the change and I'm sure had he hired a recently retired Prem GK as coach many fans would be up in arms over wasted wages. I know that RW was ex-Prem but he wasn't able to play and either RW or Bittner had to move somewhere. I can see in 12 months time that Bittner will move on if our youth GK is ready for action as No 2. P'raps Rhys will then slide back in. DA has to be allowed to do what he needs to get us promoted. I'm far more optimistic than I would have been had we had one of the 55+ ''been around the block'' managers like Martin Allen or Dave Jones.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Angry wrote:

Good appointment.

An enforcer. We've missed a proper assistant manager over the last few years, it's been former players as 'coaches', all a bit too cosy cosy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:55 pm

X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:

Good appointment.

An enforcer. We've missed a proper assistant manager over the last few years, it's been former players as 'coaches', all a bit too cosy cosy.

Brewster is a fitness minded attacking coach by trade so i believe he is going to fill the roles of McCarthy and Harbin in his role here. I think he could be a shrewed appointment and i dont think Adams will bring anymore in to his coaching staff with his and bittners appointments. I still expect his old man to get a scouting job of sorts down the line at somepoint.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Good luck to him. Think i'll call him "Little red".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:20 pm

DEL BHEY AND DAVE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coaching Staff Culled?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4